Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think that I'd want that place stripped down to the plaster, professionally cleaned and fumigated before decorating and moving in.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think that I'd want that place stripped down to the plaster, professionally cleaned and fumigated before decorating and moving in.
I would want the garden dug up, I would imagine there are bodies buried :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hahaha ... oh my goodness. What's up with the toilet paper thrown in to the corner of that living area? Actually, I know the answer to that - they "tidied up" before the photos were taken. Yikes.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A friend is house hunting at the moment and has asked me to come along when I've had time.

I can't believe how many people live the way they do (amongst clutter and mess). *Most* of our visits have been during scheduled open home times, so it's not like our visits have been sprung on them. At one house, she opened the wardrobe to get an idea of size, and a whole heap of stuff came tumbling out (including dirty, smelly, washing). We just told the agent what'd happened as there was no way we were going to touch it in an effort to shove it all back in.

At one house, we chose not to go further than the front door as it reeked of cat pee.

They haven't all been bad though ... there have been some real gems that have been freshly spruced up and look as cute as a button. I fell in love with a little '60s cottage the other day which I remember driving past frequently at some point and it was rather overwhelming. Whomever since bought it has freshened it up, added a cute little wooden fence, bright yellow door and matching decking (which complements its concrete exterior beautifully). The inside is absolutely sensational (all stripped back and rebuilt ... a modern masterpiece). It's way over budget though.

We've been to a fair few empty homes too, which we've presumed belonged to elderly ladies (very dated inside but have smelt like roses perfume, or talcum powder [you catch whiffs here and there], and lovely gardens). Maybe they've moved into homes, maybe they've passed on ... it's a bit sad really.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
A friend is house hunting at the moment and has asked me to come along when I've had time.

I can't believe how many people live the way they do (amongst clutter and mess). *Most* of our visits have been during scheduled open home times, so it's not like our visits have been sprung on them. At one house, she opened the wardrobe to get an idea of size, and a whole heap of stuff came tumbling out (including dirty, smelly, washing). We just told the agent what'd happened as there was no way we were going to touch it.

At one house, we chose not to go further than the front door as it reeked of cat pee.
I had a few experiences like that when I was looking at flats a few years ago. One was a tenant who obviously didn’t want to leave, her stuff was everywhere - food and plates and rubbish all over the kitchen, the bedroom door had to be forced open because of all the clothes on the floor and was pitch black because the blackout blinds were still down in the middle of the day, and the tenant was laying on the sofa having a very loud angry phone call with someone while we looked around. The worst thing was she insisted we took our shoes off at the door, which is fair enough except the floors were filthy and sticky and it was summer so I had to take of my sandals and walk around bare foot… 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I viewed a 3 bed apartment a few years back, I couldn't even get the door fully open in the 3rd bedroom to have a look for size because the tenant had so much stuff (each to their own) piled up, clothes, clothes horse, just stuff every where. It's not like she was even using it as storage either because the livingroom was filled with crap too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I like it when you can see the occupants pets. I was nosing at a house on Right move in our town and their dog is looking in the patio doors.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.