Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you even fit a single bed in that?

Years ago in work we used to have a monthly competition to find the most awful houses on rightmove. Winners were the purple monstrosity and the house with a shrine in the garden. 😂

edit to add a link to the purple monstrosity. www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2013/nov/18/looking-to-mauve-house
Bleurgh that's horrific but I'm biased because I hate the colour purple, by far my least favourite colour after grey.

Anyone remember this one that was doing the rounds this time last year, with the body buried in the garden?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
That purple house and the Blackpool flat both upset me but for very different reasons. The former because there's a dining table next to a very nice bed, and the latter because of the sheer poverty.
It was the purple carpet up the side of the bath that got me.

I knew of a similar property to the Blackpool flat in a different area a while ago. It was a small but well maintained, albeit dated long term letting property until the landlord passed away. The elderly resident passed away soon after (the landlords family had kept it to let the elderly lady live out her days there). When she passed away they ended up with regular break ins, and vandalism. They couldn’t wait to get shot of it.

Reactions: 6
Bleurgh that's horrific but I'm biased because I hate the colour purple, by far my least favourite colour after grey.

Anyone remember this one that was doing the rounds this time last year, with the body buried in the garden?

duck sake 😂
After I bought it, I’d dig him up, no way is he ruining my garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Lol is it really as rough as you are making out G+T?

P.s I’m glad to see you around and that your love for Mr Hancock has not diminished despite the passing of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Lol is it really as rough as you are making out G+T?

P.s I’m glad to see you around and that your love for Mr Hancock has not diminished despite the passing of time.
Its not too bad during the day but by night it’s an absolute hole and then some.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I can just imagine someone on FB DIY on a Budget page working their magic with that yellow bathroom 🤣
There's something really satisfying noseying round peoples homes 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I saw a house on Rightmove once where there was underwear drying all around the bathroom. I thought I’d saved the picture but I can’t find it on my phone, fuming!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Spacious two bedroom end terrace in a highly sought after location offering excellent development potential. Recent sales of similarly sized properties nearby in good condition have reached superb prices. The house requires a complete refurbishment and is priced competitively to sell hence cash buy only.

The house requires a full refurbishment, and due to the condition is currently uninhabitable, non mortgageable and therefore a cash buy only, sold as seen, and unsafe for viewings. Starting price 99k.

The area isn't actually that great either 😅

IMG_20220118_022557.jpg
IMG_20220118_022617.jpg
IMG_20220118_022633.jpg
IMG_20220118_022654.jpg
IMG_20220118_022713.jpg
IMG_20220118_022731.jpg
IMG_20220118_022752.jpg
IMG_20220118_022810.jpg
IMG_20220118_022829.jpg
IMG_20220118_022850.jpg
IMG_20220118_022915.jpg

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 97
Spacious two bedroom end terrace in a highly sought after location offering excellent development potential. Recent sales of similarly sized properties nearby in good condition have reached superb prices. The house requires a complete refurbishment and is priced competitively to sell hence cash buy only.

The house requires a full refurbishment, and due to the condition is currently uninhabitable, non mortgageable and therefore a cash buy only, sold as seen, and unsafe for viewings. Starting price 99k.

View attachment 996517View attachment 996518View attachment 996519View attachment 996520View attachment 996521View attachment 996522View attachment 996523View attachment 996524View attachment 996525View attachment 996526View attachment 996527
There is so much to unpack here!

I simply cannot with all the twig rendering near the entrance to the door. All the spiders 🥴

Why are there so many personal belongings everywhere? What is the deal?! Does someone use this as a lavish getaway in the highly sought after area?!

Imagine what the neighbours think🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15

View attachment 996517View attachment 996518View attachment 996519View attachment 996520View attachment 996521View attachment 996522View attachment 996523View attachment 996524View attachment 996525View attachment 996526View attachment 996527
How do you let your house get into this state?! Surely it’s hazardous to live in a house like this?

Reactions: 17
How do you let your house get into this state?! Surely it’s hazardous to live in a house like this?
It's not that uncommon, sadly. Reminds me of the before pictures the house clearing people used to send in (with the after photos) when I worked in housing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I remember watching an episode of 'A Place in the Country' many years ago when that blonde woman, Catherine hosted, and she took the would-be buyers to a house that was exactly like this. The owner seemed genuinely surprised that the TV cameras had turned up and got a bit salty, saying the estate agent could've let her know they were coming. I felt so, so bad for her.

How good is this though, really? I know at least one other person is nodding in agreement. :LOL: I'm not ashamed to say that I have a magazine rack in ours (which does not get covered in fecal matter).

We used to go and visit a lady who was a friend of my mum, who had a fancy clip-on bidet and a radio in her WC. It also had pink pelican wallpaper and peach-coloured carpet ... it sounds gross now, but it really was quite exciting to visit.

A friend has a foot spa in her WC ... I'm not sure how long she intends on staying there for, but maybe she's just really good at multi-tasking!

In need of modernisation
Without word of a lie ... I'd change the toilet cistern and vanity top, but keep the bath, and paint everything with special 'bath paint'. It definitely has potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.