Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What houses have you seen lately that have caught your eye and not a good way?

1. 925k aksing price.

1641549454978.png

2. 159k

XXXX are pleased to offer for sale this two bedroom terraced cottage on the outskirts of the popular village of XXX. The property that enjoys gardens and parking to the rear however will require a degree of cosmetic improvement to enjoy the following accommodation.

1641549572487.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 131
I can never understand people not tidying up before the estate agent comes round to take photos! Makes a bit more sense in rentals (tenant is leaving doesn’t care less) but if you’re trying to sell your home why is it a mess 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 68
What houses have you seen lately that have caught your eye and not a good way?

1. 925k aksing price.

View attachment 971212

2. 159k

XXXX are pleased to offer for sale this two bedroom terraced cottage on the outskirts of the popular village of XXX. The property that enjoys gardens and parking to the rear however will require a degree of cosmetic improvement to enjoy the following accommodation.

View attachment 971214
You can see the home owner in the 2nd one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
None at the moment but I'll post when I see one. I'm thoroughly fed up of all the estate agent cliches though when describing houses, it's like when someone starts work at an estate agent are they handed a sheet with all the stock phrases they must use in their adverts?
- In need of modernisation
- Well presented
- Located in the ever popular x
- Viewing advised (stating the obvious)
- The discernible buyer
- Properties are always "boasting" something - boasting period features etc

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I can never understand people not tidying up before the estate agent comes round to take photos! Makes a bit more sense in rentals (tenant is leaving doesn’t care less) but if you’re trying to sell your home why is it a mess 😭
That’s what I used to think. But then I thought - what if they did tidy and it was actually worse before?! 😟

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Been looking for a new rental and came across these gems
Worlds smallest spare room
And a bed that looks like someone has been murdered on it 🤔
Could you even fit a single bed in that?

Years ago in work we used to have a monthly competition to find the most awful houses on rightmove. Winners were the purple monstrosity and the house with a shrine in the garden. 😂

edit to add a link to the purple monstrosity. www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2013/nov/18/looking-to-mauve-house

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I love the really expensive but badly decorated ones in footballers areas like Alderley Edge.

£7.5 million 😳 just proves money does not buy taste 🤣
I saw one in the Altrincham area a while back that featured two oil paintings of who I assume were the owners on easels in the middle of the (tacky) lounge 😱 they hadn’t even blurred out the faces!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Ah man I hope this thread takes off. I’ve seen some right comedy properties. Going to get on Rightmove and have a look 😂 the best one I’ve seen was someone’s lounge where they painted a fresco on the ceiling ffs

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
That purple house and the Blackpool flat both upset me but for very different reasons. The former because there's a dining table next to a very nice bed, and the latter because of the sheer poverty.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.