Rightmove gems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
GY is my happy place but yeah certain areas are to be avoided (same where I live tbh...stab land 😒). I'd love to live in Norfolk one day - just a smidge inland (but GY etc are SO cheap compared to where I am!)
South Norfolk is cheaper than North Norfolk house price wise and easy access to Suffolk- and I actually prefer the countryside there, the winds are less bitey and blustery. Sorry guys for talking over the thread with Norfolk chat but to keep it on topic it's an easy commute as on the Essex and London Liverpool Street lines if anyone needs access to London and is priced out of other areas, takes like an hour and a half :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't know if I love the idea of the bedroom opening onto the garden, would rather jt was the sitting room or something but the flat is lovely, love the wooden floors

Reactions: 4
I don't know if I love the idea of the bedroom opening onto the garden, would rather jt was the sitting room or something but the flat is lovely, love the wooden floors
Agree. Having lived in Shepherds Bush many years ago, and been mugged there and experienced loads of other dodgy stuff, the absolute last thing I'd want would be a ground floor bedroom opening onto the garden!

Reactions: 3
Agree. Having lived in Shepherds Bush many years ago, and been mugged there and experienced loads of other dodgy stuff, the absolute last thing I'd want would be a ground floor bedroom opening onto the garden!
Ah interesting! You see this is why this thread is great, you get real advice :) never lived there but the terraces are full of middle class people right? Near Westfield is a bit rougher. Nice and central though!

Reactions: 2
Ah interesting! You see this is why this thread is great, you get real advice :) never lived there but the terraces are full of middle class people right? Near Westfield is a bit rougher. Nice and central though!
Yes lots of middle class in the bigger houses but also lots of scary people esp near the Green. I would not want to sleep on the ground floor - even with bars on the window!

Reactions: 1
Yes lots of middle class in the bigger houses but also lots of scary people esp near the Green. I would not want to sleep on the ground floor - even with bars on the window!
I lived there for a year near the Green haha. Often miss it tbh! Proper gritty London! And such good transport links. I never had any bother personally.

I lived there for a year near the Green haha. Often miss it tbh! Proper gritty London! And such good transport links. I never had any bother personally.
I think it’s improved. Shark might have been there when it was proper dodgy- like Notting Hill used to be! :)
It’s weird as it’s comparitively cheap there for London which is normally for a reason, but there’s plenty of posh people in the terraces :)

I think it’s improved. Shark might have been there when it was proper dodgy- like Notting Hill used to be! :)
It’s weird as it’s comparitively cheap there for London which is normally for a reason, but there’s plenty of posh people in the terraces :)
I lived in a flat on Uxbridge Road, it was mad! I'm back up north now in a "naice" city with my own house, but often miss how lively it was down there.

• Haha
  • Heart
I lived in a flat on Uxbridge Road, it was mad! I'm back up north now in a "naice" city with my own house, but often miss how lively it was down there.
Is that a euphemism. I lived in a 'lively' part of Miami, gunshots frequently heard outside my apartment:D That said I never felt really unsafe there although that might have been my age and the fact I was either high or drunk for vast amounts of time.

Reactions: 1
I’m talking 20 years ago but I still go there very occasionally. The rich bits have got richer and the scummy bits scummier.

What just lots of drugs and antisocial behaviour? Without outing ourselves I’ve spent a bit of time in South Norfolk and have only been to Yarmouth a few times during the day for the beach. It’s similar to Gorleston really, coastal towns are really neglected :( Some nice scenery though!

Yeah we reckoned either drug house or just derelict for years on the house buying thread :(
Yeah it just has a bad reputation, though admittedly I haven't been there for anything other than the arcades for a while! I lived in Gorleston until a few years ago and that was much nicer despite only being a mile down the road :LOL: Though like everywhere, there are good and bad parts. But yeah, GY just needs investment and a bit of love :cry:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.