Rightmove gems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is .... is £26k a month normal for this sort of thing??? Surely the super wealthy would go for something a bit less cluttered?
I hate the decor. I also hate the coloured books.tbing, to be it just screams someone who.doesnt read and has books as decoration

Reactions: 11
I also want to know about that rent as £26k a month seems INSANE for the area. W10 - he’s right by Wormwood Scrubs FFS!

Reactions: 7
I also want to know about that rent as £26k a month seems INSANE for the area. W10 - he’s right by Wormwood Scrubs FFS!
The prison isn't actually that near the big Wormwood Scrubs parks, it's on a side street in Acton, you have to actually look for it and it's pretty secure- you don't see any prisoners, antisocial behavior, people smoking outside etc and the street and area doesn't have a lot of crime ( I mean North Ken and White City do, just not the immediate Scrubs area). It's just a load of redbrick buildings with bars and a community/visiting centre by it. Happy to be corrected if you have more knowledge, I'm just giving my two pence worth as I'm fairly familiar with the area but you might be more so of course! :) :)

The area isn't that dodgy ( I mean it is in the social housing bits but not the Georgian terraces posh families inhabit, and no that's not a dig at social housing) although it's not that NICE? It's near Kensington/Holland Park (well it is north Ken) which is why people love it, but that rent seems a little high. A one bed flat there is about £450k, a nice one bed house about £550 and a super nice six bed Georgian one about a million. What he's paying seems ridiculous for the area I agree

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
How could anyone relax there? Everything seems so cluttered
Ben Fogle’s place has assaulted my eyes.
Also, EATS above the window. EATS.
Was it originally BEATS? FEATS? HEATS? MEATS? CLEATS? Or just EATS. Weird.
if I went to view it I’d definitely add at least one letter at the start with a sharpie.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ben Fogle’s place has assaulted my eyes.
Also, EATS above the window. EATS.
Was it originally BEATS? FEATS? HEATS? MEATS? CLEATS? Or just EATS. Weird.
if I went to view it I’d definitely add at least one letter at the start with a sharpie.
I guess eats is in the kitchen/the entrance 😂

Reactions: 2
Loved this one, only 1 bedroom but I'm on my own anyway. Might downsize to it if it comes on the market again in a few years time 😊

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131169998#/?channel=RES_BUY
Oh I love Saltaire so much, I don’t live far from there and it’s such a lovely area with so much history! I’d love somewhere like this too once I move up from flat living 😍

Is .... is £26k a month normal for this sort of thing??? Surely the super wealthy would go for something a bit less cluttered?
I can’t get over the fact that three months rent is more than what I paid for my entire apartment 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Whitbread Inns called, they want all their "instantly decorate your entire pub with tat" kits back
The upside down umbrellas in the kitchen sent me over the edge.
Honestly, they'll need 3x the normal amount of removal vans to shift all that tat.
I bet he's not read a single one of those colour coded books either.
On the plus side it's nice to see a house that isn't a grey or neutral themed monstrosity...with about 50-60% less 'stuff' (and the stupid umbrellas) it would be nice.
---
Me everytime I start clicking on links

View attachment 2225176
Same here 😂😂😂 I have a lot of opinions on a £26k a month rental house I couldn't afford even 10% of 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The colours don’t bother me. I like eclectic style - this just seems very curated, and it’ll be a long time before I get my head around the price.

There's an insta home account just announced they are selling their house. It's a big victorian 3 or 4 story , possibly a terrace with a large garden in the Tyne valley. If anyone comes across a listing for it , can they post it on here please.

Posted this on house buying but thought would share here too :) as someone said there there’s groceries in one of the pics meaning someone must have been living there? 😕 https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/d...aa92947ea54e6fb579e3b2b857a6df8648c3e51204e6a
Crikey, that's a state. But as a local, this doesn't surprise me. You can buy a B&B sized terrace for about 150k in Gt Yarmouth, but I wouldn't walk the streets of that area at night if you paid me 😬

8 bed terraced house for sale in North Denes Road, Great Yarmouth NR30 - Zoopla

Crikey, that's a state. But as a local, this doesn't surprise me. You can buy a B&B sized terrace for about 150k in Gt Yarmouth, but I wouldn't walk the streets of that area at night if you paid me 😬

What just lots of drugs and antisocial behaviour? Without outing ourselves I’ve spent a bit of time in South Norfolk and have only been to Yarmouth a few times during the day for the beach. It’s similar to Gorleston really, coastal towns are really neglected :( Some nice scenery though!

Yeah we reckoned either drug house or just derelict for years on the house buying thread :(

Reactions: 3

GY is my happy place but yeah certain areas are to be avoided (same where I live tbh...stab land 😒). I'd love to live in Norfolk one day - just a smidge inland (but GY etc are SO cheap compared to where I am!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.