Rhitrition #2 Rhi could do with a huge cake; so many ads now, such a fake

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Erm, same! My baby didn't meet his grandparents til he was 4 months either. But while I was on maternity leave my partner was furloughed so basically got an extended paternity leave on 80% pay. We were incredibly lucky, it's not outrageous to acknowledge that (even if it was also an incredibly difficult time). There were very tough times, but I mean... people were literally forced to work and were dying as a result. Rhi (and me) sat at home raising our babies and got to choose the level of risk we wanted to expose ourselves to.
Here’s what was posted. She saved money during lockdown so shouldn’t complain about the cost of childcare now. I think that is an outrageous comment. Incredibly judgmental and unnecessarily nasty.

The person who wrote that probably doesn’t have to pay a penny of childcare!

Attachments

Here’s what was posted. She saved money during lockdown so shouldn’t complain about the cost of childcare now. I think that is an outrageous comment. Incredibly judgmental and unnecessarily nasty.

We should definitely all complain about the cost of childcare in general because it's astonishing. But that comment is no more outrageous than anything we post here on a daily basis. How can anyone on a gossip forum complain about others being judgemental 😂

Also your reference to the commenter 'not having to pay a penny of childcare'... I'm assuming that you're suggesting they're on benefits, that's quite judgemental of you, don't you think?

Rhi's comment about being a 'pandemic mummy' is the same thing she falls back on anytime anyone criticises her about anything parenting related. She will never have to actually worry about the cost of childcare, nor force a return to work early to afford to live. She will never understand the true hardship associated with high childcare costs - it's a mere inconvenience to her. She should either acknowledge that privilege or stay in her lane.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Defo an uncalled for comment. However….

“All alone”?! She was hardly “alone”. Husband? I don’t get the woe is me hard done by act. Sure thing, there were difficulties…as there were for most people if not everyone in some which way but cut the BS…she was not “all alone”.

Reactions: 7

I am no Rhi fan but having had a baby during lockdown it is offensive to say that because she didn’t have to pay for childcare she didn’t have a right to complain. My baby didn’t meet her grandparents till she was 4 months old thanks to the lockdown and even then it was in a service station car park. I think that comment was outrageous tbh!
It’s probably someone who wasn’t able to work from home during lockdown so is bitter. You see them crop up in all kinds of topics lately.

As someone TTC the whole way through the pandemic, it does upset me when I see too much of the “woe is me” narrative around this. I would have loved to have had mine during the pandemic with my husband at home more. We planned for it even as it would have been ideal. The other person said it well.
There’s been so many studies that prove that prove the very early social interaction doesn’t have to be with multiple outside people, but it’s like people pick the narrative they want so they can get offended or needlessly neurotic about their kids development.

Just be thankful for what you have (Rhi, but I guess anyone it applies to) and stop looking for how hard done by you are in every situation. Some people would be so grateful to have had the exact situation you had.

Ugh, also “only other pandemic mummy’s will understand”. Stop gatekeeping Rhi…

Like we didn’t all just live through the pandemic, all with different issues, like being a mum isn’t hard for some people anyway.

And how can she ever say “all alone”? What on Earth is she on about

Reactions: 7
We should definitely all complain about the cost of childcare in general because it's astonishing. But that comment is no more outrageous than anything we post here on a daily basis. How can anyone on a gossip forum complain about others being judgemental 😂

Also your reference to the commenter 'not having to pay a penny of childcare'... I'm assuming that you're suggesting they're on benefits, that's quite judgemental of you, don't you think?

Rhi's comment about being a 'pandemic mummy' is the same thing she falls back on anytime anyone criticises her about anything parenting related. She will never have to actually worry about the cost of childcare, nor force a return to work early to afford to live. She will never understand the true hardship associated with high childcare costs - it's a mere inconvenience to her. She should either acknowledge that privilege or stay in her lane.
You’re first point is right but there is no need to attack people directly as that poster did - have we forgotten Caroline Flack already?

I never said anything about benefits - there are numerous other ways of interpreting that comment (no children, stay at home parent, free nursery hours or school, grandchildren who provide care) name but a few.

Glad to hear you have a good knowledge and understanding of Rhi’s financial situation, especially given she is self employed. Perhaps you can share some of your other insider knowledge?

You’re first point is right but there is no need to attack people directly as that poster did - have we forgotten Caroline Flack already?

I never said anything about benefits - there are numerous other ways of interpreting that comment (no children, stay at home parent, free nursery hours or school, grandchildren who provide care) name but a few.

Glad to hear you have a good knowledge and understanding of Rhi’s financial situation, especially given she is self employed. Perhaps you can share some of your other insider knowledge?
Not sure anyone on this forum can invoke Caroline Flack - reckon her thread on here was absolutely bouncing before she died. It's very sad what happened to her, but should not be used as a means to prevent people being genuinely held to account or called out when they're public figures. If you put up a Q&A box you invite a range of opinions, when you use your life as content you can't specify that you demand positive feedback only. It's a two-way street, or at least it should be - and many influencers don't like that (I think that's partly why Tattle has done so well - because lots of influencers think they should be immune to criticism or negativity).

(It's also not really in the same league. Caroline Flack was hounded by the gutter press, had what appeared to be a volatile relationship and a pending court date for a serious crime. Someone sent Rhi a slightly less-than-positive message in a public Q&A that she ran. These two things are not the same.)

I have the same understand of Rhi's finances as anyone here. She lives in central London in an extremely spacious home, her husband has a well paid job, she's written two best-selling books and runs a private Harley Street clinic. She is not on the breadline, she is not struggling to make ends meet. As mentioned, high childcare costs are a mere inconvenience to her - they're not preventing her from putting food on the table (have you seen what her kid eats?!) and they're definitely not preventing her from living a very comfortable middle-class lifestyle in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Reactions: 9
Not sure anyone on this forum can invoke Caroline Flack - reckon her thread on here was absolutely bouncing before she died. It's very sad what happened to her, but should not be used as a means to prevent people being genuinely held to account or called out when they're public figures. If you put up a Q&A box you invite a range of opinions, when you use your life as content you can't specify that you demand positive feedback only. It's a two-way street, or at least it should be - and many influencers don't like that (I think that's partly why Tattle has done so well - because lots of influencers think they should be immune to criticism or negativity).

(It's also not really in the same league. Caroline Flack was hounded by the gutter press, had what appeared to be a volatile relationship and a pending court date for a serious crime. Someone sent Rhi a slightly less-than-positive message in a public Q&A that she ran. These two things are not the same.)

I have the same understand of Rhi's finances as anyone here. She lives in central London in an extremely spacious home, her husband has a well paid job, she's written two best-selling books and runs a private Harley Street clinic. She is not on the breadline, she is not struggling to make ends meet. As mentioned, high childcare costs are a mere inconvenience to her - they're not preventing her from putting food on the table (have you seen what her kid eats?!) and they're definitely not preventing her from living a very comfortable middle-class lifestyle in one of the most expensive cities in the world.
There’s a big difference between tattling and bothering to message someone directly when they know it will be seen.

She doesn’t live in central London, and if you knew anything about being an author you would probably realise she isn’t as well off as you think. It’s not like she’s Alice Liveing spending £700 on a gilet for Christ’s sake!

Reactions: 3
There’s a big difference between tattling and bothering to message someone directly when they know it will be seen.

She doesn’t live in central London, and if you knew anything about being an author you would probably realise she isn’t as well off as you think. It’s not like she’s Alice Liveing spending £700 on a gilet for Christ’s sake!
Exactly this.
She doesn’t even make most of her money from books or clinic. Facts from people in her circle.

Reactions: 2
Exactly this.
She doesn’t even make most of her money from books or clinic. Facts from people in her circle.
Then this proves the point even further. If her husband is well-paid enough for her not to have to bother with jobs that pay particularly well. If they're more vanity projects and there for exposure, that shows beyond any further doubt that she's MORE than comfortable.

Feel like we're probably straying from the original subject but the point still stands - Rhi lives in an ivory tower compared to many mums. She should be extremely grateful for what she has and stop playing up the woe is me act. One borderline nasty message (that had a fair point behind it) is not the end of the world.

Reactions: 4
God if she slimly pulls her top up one more time to show her bloody bump 🤢🤢 I dunno why she gives me such ick! I think I need to unfollow again but I just love her food advice for the littles 🤣

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else find the trend of holding off announcing the baby’s gender to generate more engagement really, really pathetic. ‘Mummy nutrition’, who I unfollowed because she’s annoying AF was the WORST for this, she teased everything, the gender, the name… they do it for one reason, they know people are curious and will check their page more regularly until it’s announced. Seems like Rhi and Lucy M are doing the same thing. Rhi’s blue heart at the end of the scan post would suggest she is having a girl - influencers love to throw their followers off the scent, it gives them a power trip 🤣

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else find the trend of holding off announcing the baby’s gender to generate more engagement really, really pathetic. ‘Mummy nutrition’, who I unfollowed because she’s annoying AF was the WORST for this, she teased everything, the gender, the name… they do it for one reason, they know people are curious and will check their page more regularly until it’s announced. Seems like Rhi and Lucy M are doing the same thing. Rhi’s blue heart at the end of the scan post would suggest she is having a girl - influencers love to throw their followers off the scent, it gives them a power trip 🤣
Yeh I think its a pain in the arse too, like your baby isn't a bleeping game I don't care what sex it is.

Who's she trying to kid with that latest post, trying to pretend that a) she eats pizza and b) that pizza is a well-rounded healthy food :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it’s just a way of exploiting her unborn child for likes and engagement so she can increase her ad opportunities and get more freebies. It’s disgusting but then Rhi made a whole separate insta just to exploit her child share motherhood so it’s not surprising.

I kinda don’t see what the hype is. It’s one …or the other ffs. You’d think having a boy or girl was something new.

Reactions: 3
I kinda don’t see what the hype is. It’s one …or the other ffs. You’d think having a boy or girl was something new.
All I ever see about these insta gals who have boys is people saying "oh I bet she wants a girl!", I find it exhausting, who bleeping cares, kids aren't toys.

Reactions: 4
I already have a boy and I felt a lot of pressure to deliver a girl for both sides of the family - it's their last grandchild on both sides and there's only one girl out of 8 kids. Both my mum and my partners mum were constant with it and it really wound me up. Of course it would be lovely to have one of each for the sake of variety, but my god - they're my kids at the end of the day and there's no way I'd look at a boy ten years down the line and think 'wish you'd been a girl'. They're a person, an individual, to be loved whatevers between their legs.

There's also no guarantee my children will remain the gender they're assigned at birth, I think the older generations don't consider that.

Anyway, I found out I'm having a girl and felt almost annoyed that they'd all got what they wanted 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I already have a boy and I felt a lot of pressure to deliver a girl for both sides of the family - it's their last grandchild on both sides and there's only one girl out of 8 kids. Both my mum and my partners mum were constant with it and it really wound me up. Of course it would be lovely to have one of each for the sake of variety, but my god - they're my kids at the end of the day and there's no way I'd look at a boy ten years down the line and think 'wish you'd been a girl'. They're a person, an individual, to be loved whatevers between their legs.

There's also no guarantee my children will remain the gender they're assigned at birth, I think the older generations don't consider that.

Anyway, I found out I'm having a girl and felt almost annoyed that they'd all got what they wanted 😂
I am the same, 5 boys on my side, 2 boys on my husbands side. My sister had the first girl last year, and I feel there’s going to be a lot of disappointment when I say I’m having a boy again (my second) 😂

Isn’t her husband a finance analyst? I work in that area too. It’s not as well paid as it sounds. Especially for the London property market

Then this proves the point even further. If her husband is well-paid enough for her not to have to bother with jobs that pay particularly well. If they're more vanity projects and there for exposure, that shows beyond any further doubt that she's MORE than comfortable.

Feel like we're probably straying from the original subject but the point still stands - Rhi lives in an ivory tower compared to many mums. She should be extremely grateful for what she has and stop playing up the woe is me act. One borderline nasty message (that had a fair point behind it) is not the end of the world.
Again, what’s all this chat about her well paid husband? does any body know that her husband is anything more than a financial analyst? That’s the last that was mentioned in here when someone found his LinkedIn profile. That’s around 40k average in London which for London is not a very high salary

I work in that area and want to know where he’s flipping working if he is “well paid” enough to afford what we presume on here 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
In the interests of fairness and not because I like her (so much nicer to have unfollowed and not see her on my feed everyday) she may live in a nice house and have her gym membership but she doesn’t appear to live an extravagant lifestyle, don’t think we ever see her shopping and dining out is only occasionally. Maybe she’s just good at presenting an affluent life and we’re assuming there’s more than there actually is? She’s lucky that she can work from home so much, but the downside is no maternity leave/pay and insta is very fickle if you don’t keep a presence up.
Anyway, not a rave post or a defending post, just some thoughts.