Rhi, Mummy of Four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m nosy but can’t be bothered looking-what gifts did they get?

she used to take them to the Disney shop quite often and would say things like ‘well you have some Christmas money left if you want something’ and I was always thinking,nah you are just buying them toys-why not just admit that?!

Also disagree with the unbirthday present and I just know my in laws will start that tit with my kids (too young to understand birthdays at the minute) and then I will look like a tightarse for not buying the other a present when it’s not their bloody birthday!
They each got a backpack (yes, Disney...) 'for school' and one of those big pencil case/stationery sets to match. The girls got Disney necklaces too (cruise attire, no less). Justification for the backpacks and pencil cases was that they'd need it for school anyway. It's just the principle doesn't sit right with me. What's wrong with teaching your kids to be happy for their siblings/other kids when it's their birthday and realising that their turn will come when it's their birthday? She literally just spent at least £100 on three 'small gifts' probably so her youngest wouldn't have a tantrum at her brother receiving presents for his birthday...

Reactions: 3
I have said it before I strongly disagree with siblings getting presents on their siblings birthday. What happens when they attend a birthday party away from home? Not dealing with it will come back to bite her

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I also don’t agree with young kids being allowed to rip open presents for other people when it’s not their birthday.

Reactions: 7
I have said it before I strongly disagree with siblings getting presents on their siblings birthday. What happens when they attend a birthday party away from home? Not dealing with it will come back to bite her
I hate this too really really hate it!!! It’s important to teach kids not every day is there day! Ffs

Reactions: 5
Well that’s Zara down to a T, every video she’s in she ends up whinging or throwing a tantrum about something until Rhi gives in

Reactions: 2
Well that’s Zara down to a T, every video she’s in she ends up whinging or throwing a tantrum about something until Rhi gives in
She doesn't even need to cry now to get her way, just pull her 'I'm about to cry Mummy' face and everyone's playing to her tune!

Reactions: 1
She doesn't even need to cry now to get her way, just pull her 'I'm about to cry Mummy' face and everyone's playing to her tune!
Do you think it’s because she is the youngest or because off camera the tantrums would be huge and it’s just not worth it? I have very little tolerance for whining and moaning from my kids and they are constantly told that that sort of behaviour doesn’t get them anything. It makes me feel for the other two younger ones,having to constantly do things to keep Zara happy.

Do you think it’s because she is the youngest or because off camera the tantrums would be huge and it’s just not worth it? I have very little tolerance for whining and moaning from my kids and they are constantly told that that sort of behaviour doesn’t get them anything. It makes me feel for the other two younger ones,having to constantly do things to keep Zara happy.
I think it's probably a combination of the two. Because she is the youngest it seems to always happen that the others always have to make compromises to minimise the chances of a meltdown! Is it me or does Zara go around with an almost-permanent whinge face now? Her other three children seem really lovely though, she seems to have just gone rogue with Zara!!

I think it's probably a combination of the two. Because she is the youngest it seems to always happen that the others always have to make compromises to minimise the chances of a meltdown! Is it me or does Zara go around with an almost-permanent whinge face now? Her other three children seem really lovely though, she seems to have just gone rogue with Zara!!
Yea I noticed the almost permanent whinge face! I agree about the other three,they do seem like great kids. I imagine being an extra on ‘the Zara show’ is pretty draining though. I wonder if they ever complain off camera about it,they all seem very tolerant in videos but if it’s annoying to us as adult viewers only seeing bits and pieces of their day,I imagine it’s much worse for those having to live it!

To be honest I give my kids pressies on each other’s birthdays. Not for any particular reason it’s just what my mum used to with myself and my brother and my partners mum used to do it for him and he’s siblings. It hasn’t caused any problems so far and our kids are 6 & 8. It’s just something we’ve both been raised with. I completely see why others wouldn’t agree with it though.

But I think with Rhi she does it to avoid moaning and whinging. Rhi seems like she’d to anything to keep Zara calm and it comes across as spoiling her. It must surely upset the others.

To be honest I give my kids pressies on each other’s birthdays. Not for any particular reason it’s just what my mum used to with myself and my brother and my partners mum used to do it for him and he’s siblings. It hasn’t caused any problems so far and our kids are 6 & 8. It’s just something we’ve both been raised with. I completely see why others wouldn’t agree with it though.

But I think with Rhi she does it to avoid moaning and whinging. Rhi seems like she’d to anything to keep Zara calm and it comes across as spoiling her. It must surely upset the others.
Yes I think the main issue is that it’s to stop complaining-she’s making a rod for her own back by doing things like that(don’t get me wrong,I’ve made plenty of rods for my own back as I’m sure we all have). I wonder how Zara copes at others kids birthday parties or just anytime that someone else is the centre of attention?

I’m not a fan of really showy kids so maybe that’s why I gravitate towards Bella and William more.

I honestly think Rhi is going to use this later to say that Zara also has autism and to justify her behaviour.

Zara is just a spoilt brat and gets away with it with Rhi cos she can, she doesn't get away with it in nursery

I was in school with her, she’s been fame hungry since she was really young, she’s dabbled in so many jobs/career paths.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I'm not the biggest fan of Zara however I do have to say in defense of her face, I don't think she has a whinge face. That is just how her face looks. It is the shape of her eyebrows and the muscles in her face causing a slight down turn of her lips. I am the same regarding the muscles in bottom half of my face causing down turn of my lips. I look like I'm sad :( but I'm actually happy. It was very annoying when I was a child, people telling me to cheer up and don't look so glum. It was actually infuriating and I often got so angry I would shout at anyone who said it to me and told them to duck off and watch their own face cos this is how my face looks and they are basically calling me ugly which makes them ignorant assholes. It was very upsetting and so really hits a nerve with me. I know nobody here means it with an evil intend but it can just really hurt.

I'm not the biggest fan of Zara however I do have to say in defense of her face, I don't think she has a whinge face. That is just how her face looks. It is the shape of her eyebrows and the muscles in her face causing a slight down turn of her lips. I am the same regarding the muscles in bottom half of my face causing down turn of my lips. I look like I'm sad :( but I'm actually happy. It was very annoying when I was a child, people telling me to cheer up and don't look so glum. It was actually infuriating and I often got so angry I would shout at anyone who said it to me and told them to duck off and watch their own face cos this is how my face looks and they are basically calling me ugly which makes them ignorant assholes. It was very upsetting and so really hits a nerve with me. I know nobody here means it with an evil intend but it can just really hurt.
I know what you mean about her face and ive always actually found that so cute about her,it’s just that her resting face aside she always seems like she’s about to whinge about something.

sorry you struggled so much growing up-I don’tunderstand why people think it’s acceptable to say things like ‘cheer up’ and ‘smile’-it’s so patronising. I have resting witch face so people always ask me what’s wrong when I’m actually perfectly happy/content,my face just makes it look like I’m ready to commit murder ffs. :-(

• Heart
Anyone see her new video really pissed me of she says she thinks Zara has autism but sometimes she don't u know she gona play it out so it looks like she has got it in the assessment as she is so "educated " when it comes to knowing all about autisim it's like no love ur just paro now

It’s almost like she wants to rush the assessment for Zara so she can get it done through the consultant rather than the school system when she’s 5 or over as that takes longer, instead of just waiting and seeing (since she said sometimes she isn’t sure if Zara does have it). I wonder if she’s overthinking it too due to worrying about leaving it “too late“ then waiting longer for an assessment. I also can’t believe she phoned the secretary daily to get William‘s appointment and how she said she was “tracking down” the email address etc. If she didn’t want to wait like everyone else and thought she needed to know so desperately then she should have went for a private assessment if the NHS wasn’t moving fast enough for her.

I don’t understand when she talks about Bella’s autism though, she says “high levels” of autism and I’ve never heard that description before, so don’t know if the results are described differently where she is? When she done the video about Bella’s diagnosis, someone did ask in the comments if she means high functioning autism, but I don’t think she replied.

The classification for autism is the same in the uk and Ireland. Officially high/low functioning is no longer used or differentiation like asd/aspergers it’s Level 1-Level 3. Level 1 is what was known as high functioning autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.