Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me I really wanted them. A girl in my primary class had them and I was jealous.
Does anyone remember Quints from the early 90s? I loved them and my best friend at the time had them too. When I ask around though, not many remember them. I don't think they were ever 'huge'

Reactions: 4
I think mine is up in the loft! I always wanted to be Miss Jamaica as I had watched Cindy Brakespeare win Miss World in 1976 and as a child with long, straight, brown hair I didn't identify with the blonde or the 2 dolls who had been to the hairdresser's for a shampoo and set. Those 2 had strange hairstyles for the 70's.

Reactions: 3
If you had a Commodore you were flash
I had an Atari 2600 first, and then got a Commodore 64. What a machine!
Hours typing code from a magazine to make a ball bounce across the screen!

Mine even had a musical keyboard that you would place over the keys to learn piano!

Reactions: 4
I've still got these 2. My cousin had 2 Thumbelinas and mine has an unfortunate hairstyle due to being carried by her hair/ my attempt at a haircut.

Has anyone ever had to mend a Sindy? About 5 years ago, I found mine and the elastic band in her waist had dried out and she was in 2 halves. I performed First Aid by putting her in a jumpsuit...

Reactions: 7
Mine had to go back to Santa as it was broken My 7 year old has one now

Reactions: 1
My parents were keen on me and my sister sharing things (tight fisted). She had that and wouldn’t let me use it
My sister (6 years old) whinged so much when I played with her Play-Doh Barbers Shop, that my mum bought me my own one...for my 16th birthday
(To be fair, it was the best present ever!)

Reactions: 10
I wanted a mr frosty and a soda stream so much. Never got either !
Same here! Stick it on my Xmas list every year without fail and never got either. Same with the Play Doh Barbershop
---
There's a few vids on YouTube showing how to mend Sindy dolls.
---
This is quite a good website for looking at vintage Sindy stuff....https://www.oursindymuseum.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
That makes sense - I'm very early 80s Sindy. I think the first one I ever owned was the classic ballerina which was packaged in a long box because our rubber-headed heroine was doing the splits. Her white fishnet tights were a good look.

The mattress was a rubberised cover over a sponge inner. The bed I owned sounds like the same one - white with silver detailing? I think that I had the same issue with the flimsy wardrobe.

Your doll sounds lovely. I loved the more dressy outfits

Reactions: 2
This is what I was always jealous of on End Of Term Bring Your Toys To School Day

That and these very early handheld video games

Who remembers Game&Watch? I had about five of them (probably still have them, somewhere) including the folding dual screen Donkey Kong one, I think my Uncle who worked on oil rigs used to get them from somewhere for my Grandad to give to me. I played them for hours even though the games were so basic.

Reactions: 12
My sister (6 years old) whinged so much when I played with her Play-Doh Barbers Shop, that my mum bought me my own one...for my 16th birthday
(To be fair, it was the best present ever!)
I had one of those but it's a bit of a sad story - my late father had a pay rise and treated us three kids to toys from the beautiful Lewisham branch of Argos and I chose the barber shop. It was the last present he ever bought for us.*

*NB - he didn't get poisoned by imbibing the Play Doh.
---
My brother owned the yellow handheld Space Raiders game! The tune was nicked by White Town and used as the basis for his 'Your Woman' song imo.

Reactions: 10
We had the barber shop but they were monsters I think ?? I had a Tiny Tears but I left her near the electric fire and her face melted

Reactions: 5
I had a stencil kit with outfits, it was various sheets of pink plastic (so not a fashion wheel), and came with sheets of decorated paper. I absolutely loved it and played with it for hours, making my own patterned paper for more designs. Can still picture it clearly!

Reactions: 2
I loved Game&Watch, but they were always the preserve of my better-off friends in the 80s. I think I bought the dual screen Mario Bros one in early 90s and 10 years ago went through a phase of collecting retro electronic games, so I have a few now.

For our end of term bring your toys to school day, I brought in Pocketeers. Loved them!

Attachments

I've found it online... it was actually a day bed not a proper bed so my memory is a bit off.

Attachments