Retro Flame #3 Where is the 20k you won from Kerry Enterprise Board

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Be better to ask her some questions. "what did you do with the 20K? are u back in America? How did Kaelin survive the trip without her emotional support Joey?"

Imagine if everyone posted that on her insta post or YouTube vid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
6 comments and 150k...I've friends with 300 friends/followers who get more comments on posts.... Oh the fakeness of it all... 🙄

Reactions: 3
I know people have mentioned it but how cringy are the self appointed hashtags she asks her followers to post #RetroFlameFam #RetrosPicks #RetroFlameXmas etc. Etc. It is actually hilarious.

I can’t believe I use to watch her Youtube videos. I unfollowed her a while back, what is the point? As someone has said the craic is better on this thread than it’ll ever be with Miss. Biege.

Back in the day I thought she was smarter than the average vlogger/blogger and I thought she was shrewd and motivational. Now I see through all those 5am early starts and make the bed tips for what they really are - propitiating consumerist falsehoods that make you continuously fall for the grind until you are ready to fall. Didn’t she admit that she hit a wall last year and had to slow down!? Why would anyone take life advice from you Retro please tell me?

Her ‘partnerships’ are the least convincing ever, M&S, River Island and Ann Taylor for the Chanel and Dior obsessed Erika...Right!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This trip has surely had an huge impact on their “brand” and engagement?

Hope it was worth it for the super valu coleslaw.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I use to like her then she began to grate on me. I thought certain things it was just me, the soooooooooooo nice, the repeatitiveness and predictability of her content! Then I found this thread, it's like AA!! A group of like minded individuals who feel she is as sneaky as duck, falseness, not transparent, passive agressive and if you disagree or offer advice or ask a question you are blocked or deleted.

She's in the wrong industry.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I have to think that the only reason they were able to justify coming home is to see if they could pull off a full time move back and remain in the influencer industry. They have to have spoken to Louise about her experience trying to get back (if she even tried) and known they’d be stuck here for a certain period of time. I mean Erika got the deal with Mercedes- she had to have signed a finite contract with them as they took the car back after giving her two to advertise so she must have told them she’d be home for X period of time. I truly believe it had to be a test run. The boys can get proper jobs here I’m sure but if the ladies who lunch want to continue their frivolous lives, they’ve learned that it’s an already over-saturated market and if they do come home, they’ll probably have to get real jobs. Not something I can imagine.

Other than Spotlight (which someone else pointed out originally started to help with US launch) they didn’t really get “new“ contracts. Arnotts and BT were existing affiliations and Kaelin got nothing, despite their endless tagging. All the other stuff was small scale and certainly not enough to justify coming home and being able to continue as influencers.

Im dying to see if they are able to rebuild in America. If they genuinely came home for the coleslaw, then it was a colossal mistake. They weren’t big enough in the US to risk their existing contracts. Erika had enough to keep her going but I wonder if she’s able to just pick up where she left off. Kaelin should really have learned at this point that she either continues as a secretary or she gets out and gets a real job.

duck- I don’t know. They just seem so entitled and their inability to receive constructive criticism just shows how spoiled they really are. I hope it was worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She is so behind the average US blogger though. There are some living within walking distance from her raking in the work and followers.
She got a following IMO because she moved to nyc. She fooled Irish people into following her because most didn’t know any different than what she was portraying.

Reactions: 5
I have to think that the only reason they were able to justify coming home is to see if they could pull off a full time move back and remain in the influencer industry. They have to have spoken to Louise about her experience trying to get back (if she even tried) and known they’d be stuck here for a certain period of time. I mean Erika got the deal with Mercedes- she had to have signed a finite contract with them as they took the car back after giving her two to advertise so she must have told them she’d be home for X period of time. I truly believe it had to be a test run. The boys can get proper jobs here I’m sure but if the ladies who lunch want to continue their frivolous lives, they’ve learned that it’s an already over-saturated market and if they do come home, they’ll probably have to get real jobs. Not something I can imagine.

Other than Spotlight (which someone else pointed out originally started to help with US launch) they didn’t really get “new“ contracts. Arnotts and BT were existing affiliations and Kaelin got nothing, despite their endless tagging. All the other stuff was small scale and certainly not enough to justify coming home and being able to continue as influencers.

Im dying to see if they are able to rebuild in America. If they genuinely came home for the coleslaw, then it was a colossal mistake. They weren’t big enough in the US to risk their existing contracts. Erika had enough to keep her going but I wonder if she’s able to just pick up where she left off. Kaelin should really have learned at this point that she either continues as a secretary or she gets out and gets a real job.

duck- I don’t know. They just seem so entitled and their inability to receive constructive criticism just shows how spoiled they really are. I hope it was worth it.
I get where you're coming from, but I think you're giving them too much credit that they were that organised in having the trip home.
They're entitled mammy girls, who promised their mother they'd always come home for Christmas, no matter what.

I'm guessing they made a gamble that Biden would sort out the travel restrictions. They're so used to getting their own way, I doubt it entered their heads that they would be stuck here so long.

The mercedes collab was a terrible fit; I'd say they had gotten in touch with Erika prior to Christmas plans (or vice versa), so she had at least one brand deal while she was home, no matter how poor the fit was.

All Erika has as a USP is New Yark, she'd find it very difficult to keep up influencing back home. I can't imagine her travelling up from Kerry for events, or mingling with the Dublin set. And the sister? Forget about it, as you said, she'll never excel by herself until she stops being an admin for Erika and goes out on her own.

I doubt they stay in contact with Louise Cooney - Erika doesn't seem to be able to stay in touch with the NY crew, unless there's something of benefit for the gram. Louise would be serious competition for Erika in Ireland, as dull as she is.

I think, at the end of the day, two spoiled girls made a selfish decision in travelling. And I really doubt they've taken any lessons from it

Reactions: 15
If the dealership sold one merc on the back of her advertising I would be very surprised!!!

Reactions: 9
She didn't reply to the question on her grid anyway. A straight out question after her saying above she answers all questions that aren't from fake accounts. They are crapping themselves that saying they are en route back will somehow get to homeland security and they will be on a boat back to Kurry before you can say 'so nice'

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm still tickled by her Rimmel collab and how she tried to convince everyone that she uses Rimmel all the time ... Girl I don't buy high end make up but the last time I bought Rimmel was probably 2008 as a struggling student 😂

• Haha
I'm still tickled by her Rimmel collab and how she tried to convince everyone that she uses Rimmel all the time ... Girl I don't buy high end make up but the last time I bought Rimmel was probably 2008 as a struggling student 😂
I use Rimmel foundation sometimes 😳

• Haha
Yeah I wouldn't bash Rimmel, it's a good brand at a great price point, but it doesn't fit in with Erika's aspirations for grandeur. She'd sell Tommy, Joey and the white couch for the chance to be the face of a high end beauty brand. I found the Rimmel collab quite disingenuous because as far as I remember she was all about Chanel, Charlotte Tilbury, NARS, mac etc before and after.

Yeah I wouldn't bash Rimmel, it's a good brand at a great price point, but it doesn't fit in with Erika's aspirations for grandeur. She'd sell Tommy, Joey and the white couch for the chance to be the face of a high end beauty brand. I found the Rimmel collab quite disingenuous because as far as I remember she was all about Chanel, Charlotte Tilbury, NARS, mac etc before and after.
Yes as I said her collaborations are consistently really poorly selected, I would say probably among the worst among bloggersphere. Yes she presumably cannot get endorsements with Nars, Chanel, etc,p. But rather than sell her soul to BPerfect, River Island, Rimmel, M&S and Ann Taylor etc. she would be better placed to work with ‘up and coming’ high-end designers. But no Erika consistently makes the same mistakes and then you see her a week later with the BPerfect money being spent on her newest ‘investment’ piece because it is ‘sooooooo nice‘ and she’ll have it forever.

If you look at what people are saying in this thread, we cannot all be wrong - we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. Erika, take this feedback on board or else you will be toast in a years time!

Will be interested to see what her next move is, definitely won’t be following her to find out though, I’ll stick to reading these gas updates here 😂

Reactions: 11
If I was working for a brand and went to employ Erika.... Look at her Instagram. Beige! Bland! Boring! Her last 3 posts received this number of comments: 15, 14, 17... How is she getting work? And HOW would anyone in New York want to work with her? I don't believe that New York is her USP. There are plenty of Irish living in NY, it's not that unique? She has no USP!

What I find surprising is the "amount" of contracts she works on and we never see any of them?! . Even before Christmas she said she was shooting and finishing up some contracts and we haven't seen a thing. I will admit I was a loyal retro follower as I knew her from playing football ect but my god how the times have changed 😂

Reactions: 4
Yes as I said her collaborations are consistently really poorly selected, I would say probably among the worst among bloggersphere. Yes she presumably cannot get endorsements with Nars, Chanel, etc,p. But rather than sell her soul to BPerfect, River Island, Rimmel, M&S and Ann Taylor etc. she would be better placed to work with ‘up and coming’ high-end designers. But no Erika consistently makes the same mistakes and then you see her a week later with the BPerfect money being spent on her newest ‘investment’ piece because it is ‘sooooooo nice‘ and she’ll have it forever.

If you look at what people are saying in this thread, we cannot all be wrong - we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. Erika, take this feedback on board or else you will be toast in a years time!

Will be interested to see what her next move is, definitely won’t be following her to find out though, I’ll stick to reading these gas updates here 😂

Problem is Erika is not capable of taking on any feedback. All she does is block and cry trolling. She needs to wake up an realise how dull her content is and how sick of her deception people are. Maybe then she might win some big brands.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.