Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't been able to purposely listen to any of the Foo's music so far, I have accidentally heard them twice - last night on Amazon music while I was in the bath and today on the radio and I cried both times. It's still too raw.

I honestly don't know if the band will be able to play the dates coming up with a guest drummer - I know if it was me I couldn't do it. It's not only Dave's bandmate that he's lost but his best friend, his 'brother from another mother, the person he'd take a bullet for' as he put it in his autobiography (get it, it's so good).

To the person who thinks Taylor's death is worth less because drugs were involved... try learning a little empathy. It's still a human life, no matter how he died. He was still important to a hell of a lot of people. He'll still be missed. His loss is no easier to accept. His life wasn't any more expendable just because he used drugs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Many, many people die as an indirect result of recreational drugs. Each and everyone of them deserves compassion, caring and sympathy for their grieving loved ones.

Fly high Taylor, get that celestial drum kit ready 🥁🥁🎶

Reactions: 9
I posted on here when I heard the news, loved Taylor, such a much-loved talented guy, and uploaded the tribute little 10yo Nandi Bushell posted on her IG. That little girl adored him and when the band let her play live with them to Everlong, last year, she said he looked after her that day and encouraged her so much. That Foo’s performance with Nandi, and Taylor looking on with admiration is the one of the most inspirational beautiful little things I’ve ever seen.

Must admit I had a little cry when I heard Taylor had passed, he had so much more to give this life. Later in the day, viewed Nando’s stories on IG, she said she had been thinking of him all day, and showed a portrait of him she had drawn that day, she looked so sad, needless to say that set me off again. Still can’t believe he’s gone, Taylor and his music touched many people’s lives, we all gonna miss him loads.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m going to the same gig. I really can’t see it happening this year. It’ll be too raw, too soon to find a stand-in, (they could easily call in another drummer from a different band, but ‘replacing’ your best friend is a difficult thing to do - let alone having to rehearse every song on the setlist with said new drummer and get it perfect with them).

I wouldn’t be mad at all if it was postponed. I would rather they did so they all had time to heal.
I agree with you. I don’t expect it to go ahead and I’m not mad or sad about it, it’s totally understandable and it will definitely cut to the bone if they did go ahead so soon.

To the person who thinks Taylor's death is worth less because drugs were involved... try learning a little empathy. It's still a human life, no matter how he died. He was still important to a hell of a lot of people. He'll still be missed. His loss is no easier to accept. His life wasn't any more expendable just because he used drugs.
FOxZB3mXIAA3i5L.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Amen. When David Bowie died I was an absolute mess at work, I was just sat at my desk crying my eyes out all day. One of my colleagues asked me why I was so upset about the death of some "has been pop singer". I just looked at them incredulously and asked if they had any idea of what he'd meant to me and thousands of others. This quote sums up exactly what I couldn't articulate.

I'm still reeling at Taylor's death. I can't imagine what DG is going through now having lost two dear collaborators both far too early. It's just too sad. What a loss to the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I honestly don't know if the band will be able to play the dates coming up with a guest drummer - I know if it was me I couldn't do it. It's not only Dave's bandmate that he's lost but his best friend, his 'brother from another mother, the person he'd take a bullet for' as he put it in his autobiography (get it, it's so good).
i truly think it’s the end of the foos tbh, i just can’t see any of them (but especially dave) wanting to carry on. maybe small tribute concerts here and there but i’m fully expecting a led zeppelin style “we just can’t continue with him” style announcement.

like you say, dave loved him so much and dave has lost so many friends prematurely. it’s heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i truly think it’s the end of the foos tbh, i just can’t see any of them (but especially dave) wanting to carry on. maybe small tribute concerts here and there but i’m fully expecting a led zeppelin style “we just can’t continue with him” style announcement.

like you say, dave loved him so much and dave has lost so many friends prematurely. it’s heartbreaking.
And he's such a nice guy too which somehow makes it even worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah, absolutely this. Both Dave and Taylor seem (seemed 😭) to be the nicest guys. I know a few people who met Taylor and they say his smile was just infectious and his energy was just so positive and he was one of those people who just lit up a room.

I've always loved Dave since the Nirvana days. I just hope this doesn't scar him too much and it doesn't make him bitter, you know? He does just seem like one of the loveliest, most down-to-earth guys in the business.

Reactions: 8
Amen. When David Bowie died I was an absolute mess at work, I was just sat at my desk crying my eyes out all day. One of my colleagues asked me why I was so upset about the death of some "has been pop singer". I just looked at them incredulously and asked if they had any idea of what he'd meant to me and thousands of others. This quote sums up exactly what I couldn't articulate.

I'm still reeling at Taylor's death. I can't imagine what DG is going through now having lost two dear collaborators both far too early. It's just too sad. What a loss to the world.
There are a couple of celebs¹ who's deaths would probably cause be to go home early if they happened during my work day, because I wouldn't be able to concentrate the rest of the day.

¹who I won't name for fear of tempting fate.

• Heart
There are a couple of celebs¹ who's deaths would probably cause be to go home early if they happened during my work day, because I wouldn't be able to concentrate the rest of the day.

¹who I won't name for fear of tempting fate.
I was driving to work when the announcement about David Bowie was made on the radio. To be honest I thought once I'd had a big cry in my car I would be able to put my professional head on and get on with work. And no-one else in my office was a Bowie fan so I thought at least no-one will be talking about it. But despite my best efforts I was a blubbering mess all day, I couldn't even answer the phone. I would have been as well not going in but I doubt my boss would have understood the level of my grief. My boss actually laughed at me sitting there crying all day.
Some people just don't understand the profound impact some artists can have on your life, particularly when they die when they're actively making music. You can't help but think what wonders Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, David Bowie, Taylor Hawkins and all the others taken too soon might have produced had they lived longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was driving to work when the announcement about David Bowie was made on the radio. To be honest I thought once I'd had a big cry in my car I would be able to put my professional head on and get on with work. And no-one else in my office was a Bowie fan so I thought at least no-one will be talking about it. But despite my best efforts I was a blubbering mess all day, I couldn't even answer the phone. I would have been as well not going in but I doubt my boss would have understood the level of my grief. My boss actually laughed at me sitting there crying all day.
Some people just don't understand the profound impact some artists can have on your life, particularly when they die when they're actively making music. You can't help but think what wonders Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, David Bowie, Taylor Hawkins and all the others taken too soon might have produced had they lived longer.
i definitely understand this. When Prince died, i was devastated and cried all day too. Purple Rain was the soundtrack to my entire teenage life during the '80's. i could not believe he was gone

• Sad
i definitely understand this. When Prince died, i was devastated and cried all day too. Purple Rain was the soundtrack to my entire teenage life during the '80's. i could not believe he was gone
Still haven't got over his death :( I keep thinking of the amazing work he would have made during lockdown :(

Reactions: 1
The foos are one of my most favourite bands, I’ve seen them so many times over the years. Took my son and daughter to see them play at reading 2019.
In the late 90’s I was lucky enough to be back stage at the prodigy, when this guy started to talk to me, saying how awesome they were. I looked up and it was Taylor, just watching them play. They had been the support act.

I’ve not taken it in yet, I can’t believe we won’t get to see them play together again 💔 my heart goes out to his family

Reactions: 6

I get this! When Sarah Harding died (thank god it was a Sunday) I was completely beside myself, I didn't think the tears would stop. I was a bit of a loser at school and Girls Aloud were that bit of happiness in my life before I got a bit older and made friends. I came into work the next day to people, much older than me teasing me for being upset. I wish everyone would be a bit more considerate for others feeling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.