Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just heard about Taylor, am so shocked, Foos are one of my fave bands, fantastic drummer, amazing guy, so sad.
I remember you talking about your love of rock music in another thread. As well as thinking of Taylor’s family and friends, my condolences to all Foos fans here and around the world, this is a sad day x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Somehow it always seems more affecting when it's someone who was so clearly full of life and exuberance. It's like a light suddenly going out. I always had a real soft spot for him since The Colour and the Shape came out. He always reminded me of an endearing, playful puppy. He seemed like a lovely guy. Bless Taylor.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Whos blasting out some foos right now, their music brings back so many memories for me, I'm absolutely gutted.
I loved how Dave and Taylor would swap drums and vocals, awe inspiring, one of the best rock bands ever

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Whos blasting out some foos right now, their music brings back so many memories for me, I'm absolutely gutted.
I loved how Dave and Taylor would swap drums and vocals, awe inspiring, one of the best rock bands ever
🙋‍♀️ Yep, blasting out My Hero right now. It was brilliant when they Dave and Taylor sang Under Pressure at Glastonbury. I think that set is my evening viewing for tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yep, currently have their Best Of on my Anazon Music.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m absolutely heartbroken. The Foo’s are my favourite band who have got me through so much. Can’t beat blasting the music. I’ve seen them every time they’ve came to the UK and was taking my daughter to see them this June and I’m gutted she won’t get to experience how amazing he was. He was absolutely phenomenal to watch perform.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like I didn't appreciate them enough last time I saw them - 2018. Drank that energy and glorious symbiosis in more.

God.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wonder if they will do a Led Zeppelin and end the band as it won't be the same band without Taylor

Reactions: 1
I feel like I didn't appreciate them enough last time I saw them - 2018. Drank that energy and glorious symbiosis in more.

God.
You were lucky to see them, I never did x

I wonder if they will do a Led Zeppelin and end the band as it won't be the same band without Taylor
I don't think so, as Freddie always said, show must go on. I can see them having guest drummers to start with

I have been thinking about this, it's clear Dave is a workaholic (not to place his grief above the other members of the band, but this is the second time this has happened to him) and it has always seemed to me that music and work is basically like oxygen to him, but he has written that Taylor was a brother, their connection a one off - how do you handle that profound, profound loss? Again (but different).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Anyone know how he died? I heard on the radio that the foo fighters were preparing for a concert in Colombia. Maybe drugs of some sort? Or just a natural death?

It hasn't been reported and I've thought it was rather respectful and wonderful no speculation had taken place where people were remembering him here.

Anyone know how he died? I heard on the radio that the foo fighters were preparing for a concert in Colombia. Maybe drugs of some sort? Or just a natural death?
I'm reading 10 drugs in his system but how would they know? I'm sure I read it could take weeks for toxicology?

I'm reading 10 drugs in his system but how would they know? I'm sure I read it could take weeks for toxicology?
It's usually a few days now , it said those close to him confirmed it could be drugs related and he refused to discuss his drug status in interviews .

I’m heartbroken 💔 I’ve cried so much today for someone I’ve never known. Taylor was the best.

Still processing this news, was due to see the Foos in June at Villa Park, Taylor and Dave’s relationship on and off stage was just beautiful. The respect and love they had for each other was there for all to see, it’s heartbreaking. I feel for the band, his family and friends. The energy and the fun, zest for his craft he had was contagious. Ending today by watching him being his amazing self during a gig at the Etihad in 2018 doing Under Pressure, worth a watch on you tube for the joy it brings. RIP Taylor.🖤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really couldn't give a tit how he died, all I know what an absolute talented guy he was,

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.