Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the documentary about his illness which featured his wife, children and band members. He came across as a wonderful character - big hearted, fun loving and generous. He was clearly adored by everyone. Absolutely tragic. RIP Tom

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He was on tour a week or so ago, at least he got to do the thing he loved one last time. Very sad!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I watched the documentary about his illness which featured his wife, children and band members. He came across as a wonderful character - big hearted, fun loving and generous. He was clearly adored by everyone. Absolutely tragic. RIP Tom
I watched it too. They were so full of hope that he would beat it. Awful news. I'm not a big fan of The Wanted but this has really upset me. 😢

Reactions: 3
I didn’t know who he was and it flashed up on my BBC breaking news app.

33 is such a young age , a short illness and he had children too 🥺🥺.

Rest in peace Tom and lots of love to your family ❤❤

Reactions: 2
Really sad news about Tom, was just reading about his treatment and how he seemed to improve. His band mates were saying they noticed a further decline during the recent tour. He has two young children aged one and two. Sincere sympathies to his wife and children. 33 is no age. Very sad . RIP Tom.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just watched videos of him joining his band mates on the final tour night a couple of weeks ago. He looked so ill, so it must have been absolutely exhausting for him. What a moment for them all to have had together though.

Heartbreaking for his wife, young children, family and friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So sad. My heart goes out to his wife and children. He was the same age as I am, with lots to live for - it doesn’t bear thinking about. I can’t imagine how devastated his family must be right now. 😞 ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I read the survival rate when I first heard about his illness. It did not look good. Life is cruel. It's a great shame. I used to have a Wanted poster on my bedroom wall and used to have quite a crush on Tom. He was still handsome right up until he end.

This news stopped me in my tracks ….. I knew he was sick & the outlook was poor but it’s just so very sad. He had such hope , his poor babies and his wife, they seemed to adore each other….Rest in Peace Tom.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This news stopped me in my tracks ….. I knew he was sick & the outlook was poor but it’s just so very sad. He had such hope , his poor babies and his wife, they seemed to adore each other….Rest in Peace Tom.
yes me too. I hoped he’d have much longer than he did. I think it was last week when they showed him on stage with the band and I could see he’d deteriorated but I was still so shocked when I heard.

getting back to drugs they make me so angry. I’ve never taken them but when you look back at those who’ve died from drugs or the after effects on their health from drugs its quite shocking…. I mean four of the biggest stars from the 80’s to start with…. george michael, whitney houston, prince, Michael Jackson, such a waste of talent, and yes it’s an addiction but nobody forced it into them.

Reactions: 4
Tom Parkers death has devastated me. For some reason I thought he would beat it and then the news was announced he'd passed away. I'm honestly so heartbroken.
His death is one of the very few celeb deaths that have hit me hard.

Tom's passing is heartbreaking. We all knew it was coming but nothing could truly prepare you for something like that. It feels unreal. I hope wherever he is, he's at peace and can feel the love for him

yes me too. I hoped he’d have much longer than he did. I think it was last week when they showed him on stage with the band and I could see he’d deteriorated but I was still so shocked when I heard.

getting back to drugs they make me so angry. I’ve never taken them but when you look back at those who’ve died from drugs or the after effects on their health from drugs its quite shocking…. I mean four of the biggest stars from the 80’s to start with…. george michael, whitney houston, prince, Michael Jackson, such a waste of talent, and yes it’s an addiction but nobody forced it into them.

Whitney 😢😢😢 they showed a compilation of her BBC performances recently. She was so beautiful and had such an incredible voice 💖💖💖 they played - Your Love is My Love which has her daughter's vocals on it. Both are now gone.

As you say, what a waste of talent.

• Heart
Tom Parker on Celebrity Pointless this evening. Absolutely heartbreaking. He seemed such a lovely man taken far too soon and with such a young family.

Amen. When David Bowie died I was an absolute mess at work, I was just sat at my desk crying my eyes out all day. One of my colleagues asked me why I was so upset about the death of some "has been pop singer". I just looked at them incredulously and asked if they had any idea of what he'd meant to me and thousands of others. This quote sums up exactly what I couldn't articulate.

I'm still reeling at Taylor's death. I can't imagine what DG is going through now having lost two dear collaborators both far too early. It's just too sad. What a loss to the world.
Agree. I'm still upset by the death of Charlie Watts. It was instant tears when I heard the news. I was fortunate to see him perform and one the times I saw him, was on his birthday so got to sing happy birthday to him along with the rest of the band and the stadium too.

I'm absolutely dreading the day my other favourites start dying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.