Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Folk / Country singer Nanci Griffith has died.

This song always reminds me of my hometown (just enough sarcasm and slightly backhanded compliments):

• Sad
Reactions: 1
bleeping cancer. Takes way too many people, and often many younger people. I know he was 58, but a few celebs who've died recently in their early 50s and 40s. I wonder what is causing it. I guess we don't know people's lifestyles IRL. So crappy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
bleeping cancer. Takes way too many people, and often many younger people. I know he was 58, but a few celebs who've died recently in their early 50s and 40s. I wonder what is causing it. I guess we don't know people's lifestyles IRL. So crappy.

People die at any age and at any time. Doesn't have to be lifestyle, a lot of it is the luck of the draw, genetics etc. Cancer has always been indiscriminate and doesn't give a toss about age.

RIP Sean, he was bloody hilarious.

Reactions: 16
I've only ever felt genuinely sad at two celebrities passing away, the first is Robin Williams, and the other, now, is Sean Locke.

Genuinely bleeping gutted. A truly funny, genuine bloke. I thought he was superb.

RIP

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sean Lock 💔😢 I’m so upset by the news, it’s just heartbreaking, I could cry. Loved him on Cats does Countdown, he was hilarious and so off the wall! A true original. I really will miss him 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Very shocked to hear about Sean Lock. He must have kept his diagnosis quiet, don’t remember hearing anything about it previously.

Reactions: 7
Apparently he was diagnosed with skin cancer a number of years ago maybe it was an recurring thing .

Reactions: 1
Sean Lock saying “that’s a challenging wank” on cats does countdown (to Rachel Reilly dressed in fake beard and ski helmet) was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen on TV. Bloody loved him. So sad. Rest in peace fella 💔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Sean was one of Britain's finest comedians, his amazing creativity, lightning wit and the absurdist brilliance of his work, all fabulous. So sad to realise he had been quietly dealing with a terminal illness over the last few months. Thanks for the laughter and condolences to the family left behind.
💕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.