Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rock legend writer of Bat out of Hell songs Jim Steinman died. Loved that album he was a genius song writer.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Showing my age here but Les McKeown, lead singer of the Bay City Rollers, has just died suddenly at the age of 65.

That's way too young. Bit of a shock.

I used to have a crush on him decades ago and my best friend always liked Woody :sneaky:

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Showing my age here but Les McKeown, lead singer of the Bay City Rollers, has just died suddenly at the age of 65.

I used to have a crush on him decades ago and my best friend always liked Woody :sneaky:
Ooh - that is news. My friend loved the Rollers so much. She wrote a poem that got in our school diary. I met Eric Faulkener when I was working in Bexhill. He wandered into the office looking very dishevelled lol but there he was. He owned a farm a short distance away. RIP Les

Reactions: 3

The Rollers were part of the soundtrack to my childhood. Really catchy songs like Shang-a-lang. I might find my copy and play it tonight, in memory of Les. Thank you for the music.

Reactions: 7

I heard that soon as I got home, bugger!!!

I have their albums, unplayed for decades!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6

I was such a fan, had loads of posters on my bedroom wall. My favourite was Derek though. Even now, I can still remember how it felt to see them on the TV, so embarrassed that my parents were there, I was completely besotted! Sadly my own tartan outfit only amounted to a tartan scarf on my school bag.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was such a fan, had loads of posters on my bedroom wall. My favourite was Derek though. Even now, I can still remember how it felt to see them on the TV, so embarrassed that my parents were there, I was completely besotted! Sadly my own tartan outfit only amounted to a tartan scarf on my school bag.
I used to rush home from school to watch Shang-a-Lang in 1975. I remember getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning to go and queue outside the Oxford Playhouse with my best mate Julie to get tickets to see them - and we got front row seats. My mum was a nifty tailor and she sewed tartan trim onto my cropped jeans and denim jacket whilst my nan knitted me a v-neck jumper with W on it for Woody. I wore my tartan scarf round my wrist all the time and I would only wear stripey socks, nothing else would do. I was absolutely smitten by them, until I discovered real boys ;) and I was surprised to learn that the Bay City Rollers carried on performing, with various other members, for several years after I lost interest.

I was very sad to hear that Les has passed away. He had his demons, most of them caused by the biggest demon of all, Tam Paton. Rest in peace, Leslie Richard McKeown.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not really a celebrity, but RIP Michael Collins.
He was the Apollo 11 astronaut who remained in orbit while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon.

He was, for at least an hour at a time while passing over the dark side of the moon, the most alone person ever¹, given that for that time he had literally no way of communicating with any other person.

¹Jointly, I guess, with the other astronauts who did the same thing on Apollos 10, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17

• Sad
Actress Olympia Dukakis has died at the age of 89. She was truly memorable in Steel Magnolias. A very fine actress.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Nick Kamen - aged 59 - the gorgeous male model who took his Levis off in the launderette :cry:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
That’s a shock really, he wasn’t that old in the grand scheme of things. No mention of how he died either. Rest in Peace 😕

• Sad
Nick kamen's death has really shocked and saddened me. Had such a crush on him when I was 13,when he appeared in the Levi and. 😢😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
That’s a shock really, he wasn’t that old in the grand scheme of things. No mention of how he died either. Rest in Peace 😕
It is a nasty shock. The man was utterly gorgeous. Way too young to die. I wonder what happened.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.