Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sad about Paul Cattermole, I feel he was always troubled since the original disbandment. Bless him. Ain’t no party like an S club party :(

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wonder if the dancing pictures were because he was at peace with his decision, IF he has sadly taken his own life.
Sad situation either way, I hope he's at peace now

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I read that they were taken on Wednesday and he died Thursday
That’s probably right as it said they were taken the day before he died but I assumed when I made that post he had died today but it turns out he was found dead yesterday afternoon

Reactions: 3
A friend suggested maybe he had been taking something to aid weightloss after all the horrible comments

• Sad
Reactions: 8
What if he had engineered the dancing in the woods pics, but then, they didn't appear on line until much later on Thursday than he thought they would be and so thought that nobody was interested in printing them and so thay added to his perhaps, negative feelings

• Sad
What if he had engineered the dancing in the woods pics, but then, they didn't appear on line until much later on Thursday than he thought they would be and so thought that nobody was interested in printing them and so thay added to his perhaps, negative feelings
Some years ago Paul said he was turned down for shows like I’m A Celeb, Dancing On Ice etc as he was told he wasn’t famous enough. I’m guessing this was around the time when he was down on his luck. It must have been disheartening especially with some of the people they did have on those shows who weren’t even famous in their own households

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I literally just said this to my hubby. Was that his way of showing the world how he wanted to be remembered :(
While we don’t know the cause of death, I’m struck by the fact that lots of people who have made a decision to end their life can seem very calm, perhaps even happier than usual immediately before they take that action, because they aren’t worried anymore and at peace with their choice. The pictures and their timing are striking. Of course, could have been a heart attack or anything else.
---
He tried selling his Brit award on eBay and loose women show had to buy him a shirt when he went on coz he was so skint :( I just keep thinking how low and in a bad place he must’ve been
It’s sad. Many musicians and actors make less money than might be expected but even when earning well, this can be for a short period and then it stops just as fast. There was a recent documentary about this (on Netflix? Or Netflix’s YouTube?) with old pop band members from the 90s and this came up.

Getting famous is not the same sort of learning process for learning how to manage money as building up a business or learning a profession or trade and for those not used to managing money, even life-changing amounts can go right through their hands.

The number of celebs who have in fact received enough cash to buy their properties outright but who still customarily rent houses, or who have earned millions but have £200k outstanding on their credit cards for example, is incredible — you can see this some of them go bankrupt.

Last edited:
I really feel for the guy, he got ripped apart online lately. He didn't even look old, he was just the only one not dying his hair!

I'm not convinced that the dancing in the woods pics are anything, tbh. He might just have seen some knobhead sneakily taking pics of him and decided to give them to gawk at.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the dancing pictures were because he was at peace with his decision, IF he has sadly taken his own life.
Sad situation either way, I hope he's at peace now
Reminds me of Chester Bennington's last photo where he looked so happy :( It's like they're at peace now coming to terms with their decision :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Reminds me of Chester Bennington's last photo where he looked so happy :( It's like they're at peace now coming to terms with their decision :(
Slightly off topic - my brother in law took his own life . The day he chose to do it was the happiest and calmest I had seen him for a long time .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Slightly off topic - my brother in law took his own life . The day he chose to do it was the happiest and calmest I had seen him for a long time .

It's very common for people who die by suicide to seem happy and calm beforehand - they make the decision and are happy and peaceful with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Oh it’s completely a thing. When I was an inpatient you’d be more afraid when your friends suddenly became calm and rational, it meant that they’d given up. I think so many 90s stars were just left to fester and not properly supported at all, it no wonder they were so down

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I disagree when people say that suicide is selfish. I think it's one of the bravest decisions/things someone can do. Takes a hell of a lot of guts to end it like that. I cannot comprehend it and I've suffered with mental health issues myself. I even had mild depression, but never been in that situation and in that kind of mindset, ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.