Remaining_hopeful #3 Robbie, Ollie & Kim.. is she bright or is she dim….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s on meds for depression and anxiety. I’m delighted for her and for Ollie. And glad she’s being open about it.
We had all said it here, there’s no shame in it. I’ve been on setraline since having my 3rd baby and it made me a better mammy. Fair play to her looking for help!

Reactions: 8
Delighted she has got help, about time which is great. But coming on saying of I don't know whether I'll come on as I'm not insta perfect etc , sure she's been in her pyjamas eveeytime she comes on since the end of her pregnancy

Reactions: 7
I've been prescribed those,but afraid to take it as I'm afraid to then have to eventually come off them.
We had all said it here, there’s no shame in it. I’ve been on setraline since having my 3rd baby and it made me a better mammy. Fair play to her looking for help!

Reactions: 1
Definitely glad she finally got the help she clearly needed. We've been saying it here for a while so glad she or someone in her life finally sought it out!

I've been prescribed those,but afraid to take it as I'm afraid to then have to eventually come off them.
I’ve been on sertraline since well before baby.
My only regret? Not getting on them 3 years sooner. If you need them, take them and don’t look back. Changed my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Delighted she (or someone) realized there was an issue and has now sought help! I was slow to admit there was an issue myself and with a history of depression and anxiety I wanted to get to the root so I see a therapist now and feel I don’t need medication. And I feel better anyway now I’m back working part time. She needs to start going out with Ollie now. I forced myself to go outside more than I wanted to. My mam dragged me out, for coffee, lunch, walks wheh my partner would be at work all day. I hope her mother is supporting her and encouraging her to help herself.

Reactions: 2
Delighted she has gotten help, it’s not easy but we could all see she needed it.

Will it bring her to her senses and realise she is wrong about many safety issues mainly the car seat? 🤔

Probably not with the slight dig at solo mom, the whole “the word Journey has been ruined”..

So relieved to see she went and got help, was very clear for a long time help was needed here. No shame at all in needing help.
Maybe when things settle and medication kicks in she might be able to think through things again and consider changing his car seat, and hopefully this allows her to give Ollie all the opportunities he needs to develop and get more time on floor and interacting with his mama rather than the telly.
fingers crossed it’s onwards and upwards from here for her and Ollie

Why would you come off them? I was given them for pnd and had to come off during pregnancy (which I was later told I didn’t need to 🙄) but went back on them a few days before delivery. They’ll take a few weeks but you’ll see a huge improvement ❤

If she had a chest infection and got antibiotics, it would be no big deal. It’s great to see the reaction on here is just the same. Mental health is just another part of our overall health. Fair play to her for sharing.

I was on a mum’s forum after having my son and someone put up a question about taking antidepressants and the reaction was unreal. Support from every poster and the majority had needed some form of help at some point be it medication, therapy or both. It was actually heartwarming to see so many sharing. What’s sad is if we were all sitting around a table at work, people in most cases wouldn’t feel that they could share. We still have a long way to go but absolutely no shame in seeking help. For once, I can agree with her that people seeking help should only ever be applauded for it.

Was genuinely delighted to see that today. I've taken setraline in the past and would have no hesitation to again if I needed it. It was quite clear something was amiss with some of the behavior and rants. Makes such sense knowing this was happening in the background. I hope she gets all the help she needs to be able to fully enjoy her beautiful little boy.

Reactions: 5
Sorry for derailing but just a question for the ladies on Sertraline . I started on 50mg start of December and increased to 75mg 2 weeks ago , Have any of you felt a benefit from this type of increase?

Fair play to you Kim if you are reading here you should be proud of yourself for seeking help again. Ifs definitely not easy being a new mum it can be lonely and isolating and easily fall into a rut. Give yourself a few weeks/months and you will be sailing 🫶🏻

Delighted to see Kim has sought help and is also choosing to be public about it, from what she’s shown online alone it did seem like she needed help and I really am happy for her. I think becoming a parent can already be difficult but I imagine there’s even more pressure on those who require fertility assistance, the ‘well this is what you wanted’ comments that I think every new parent hears at some stage must especially silence so many. Hoping this is now the making of her and she can really settle into motherhood and enjoy that lovely little boy

Reactions: 4
Delighted to see Kim has sought help and is also choosing to be public about it, from what she’s shown online alone it did seem like she needed help and I really am happy for her. I think becoming a parent can already be difficult but I imagine there’s even more pressure on those who require fertility assistance, the ‘well this is what you wanted’ comments that I think every new parent hears at some stage must especially silence so many. Hoping this is now the making of her and she can really settle into motherhood and enjoy that lovely little boy
The amount of times I was told that shoukd be grateful to have a healthy baby after being traumatised form my daughter's birth is actually shocking. There's an ncredibky unrealistic expectation on people to never complain about how difficult motherhood is and it can really damage you.

I've been in therapy since second daughter was born and it makes me a better parent. I hope medication will help Kim and that she can enjoy Ollie.

• Heart
The amount of times I was told that shoukd be grateful to have a healthy baby after being traumatised form my daughter's birth is actually shocking. There's an ncredibky unrealistic expectation on people to never complain about how difficult motherhood is and it can really damage you.

I've been in therapy since second daughter was born and it makes me a better parent. I hope medication will help Kim and that she can enjoy Ollie.
I completely agree with you. The guilt we are made feel for complaining that it can be difficult.

Well done Kim. Hope the meds kick in soon and you’re feeling better. If you are ready this.

Sorry for derailing but just a question for the ladies on Sertraline . I started on 50mg start of December and increased to 75mg 2 weeks ago , Have any of you felt a benefit from this type of increase?
I know it takes 4-6 weeks to see the initial effects. I’m currently on 50mg and waiting to see my gp to up the dose too. Hopefully you’ll see the effects soon ❤

• Heart

Yes it did for me. I started on 50 mg in the morning but increased to 100 mg. 50 in the morning and 50 in the evening and it made a huge difference.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.