Remaining_hopeful #3 Robbie, Ollie & Kim.. is she bright or is she dim….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I couldn’t care less about anyone buying anything baby related from Smyths, however I do think if you’re going in for something as important as a car seat then you should do your own research before going in and not depend solely on retail staff to make that decision for you. Baby walkers are always up for debate, do they hold back kids walking, how about their hips, does the house have stairs, etc but it’s not a hill I’d care to die on. However.. the fact is rear facing is safer than forward facing, possibly up to 5 times more. Whether you choose to take that on or not is irrelevant to the fact and I do question how a parent could know that and decide against it. I couldn’t care less if that’s mom shaming or not, car seat safely really isn’t that complicated
Because sometimes it can be a little bit more complicated than that. My eldest is 6 now but he has ASD and point blank refused to rear face. I’m talking extremely severe meltdowns to the point that it was dangerous for me to drive with him like that. He does much better and gets more reassurance from me forward facing. So some have genuine reasons and the rear facing brigade on their high horses piss the hell out of me as it’s a constant debate they like to fight even when they don’t have to. Just leave it be. Kim is wrong to have a child that young forward facing ok but why The need for an extended argument that realistically, IS shaming other parents and yes, people DO make informed decisions and sometimes after that, it’s still not the right thing for their set up

Reactions: 6
And “mom shaming” gets thrown around too much, as a “mom” I’d be ashamed of myself putting my baby’s safety at risk like that and having no time for anyone trying to give me the information afterwards.

I don’t quite live on the little house on the prairie however I prioritise car seat safety, my baby’s development, no screen time here, no jumperoo, no Walker, lots of floor time, with me, I don’t leave him in his cot awake for an hour while I sleep, he is my priority all day everyday, no shipping off to Nana’s. Do I want a badge? Nope. Should I be ashamed of my parenting? Absolutely not

Because sometimes it can be a little bit more complicated than that. My eldest is 6 now but he has ASD and point blank refused to rear face. I’m talking extremely severe meltdowns to the point that it was dangerous for me to drive with him like that. He does much better and gets more reassurance from me forward facing. So some have genuine reasons and the rear facing brigade on their high horses piss the hell out of me as it’s a constant debate they like to fight even when they don’t have to. Just leave it be. Kim is wrong to have a child that young forward facing ok but why The need for an extended argument that realistically, IS shaming other parents and yes, people DO make informed decisions and sometimes after that, it’s still not the right thing for their set up

Ollie hasn’t been diagnosed with ASD so irrelevant to this situation

• Haha
Reactions: 11
But I don’t think it is a bit more in this case. Forward facing with a genuine reason can’t be put in the same category as forward facing for no reason. In your position I too would forward face as it sounds what would be safest in that situation. But what is Kim’s genuine reason if any? You’ve chosen what’s safest for your child but Kim hasn’t

Reactions: 5
But I don’t think it is a bit more in this case. Forward facing with a genuine reason can’t be put in the same category as forward facing for no reason. In your position I too would forward face as it sounds what would be safest in that situation. But what is Kim’s genuine reason if any? You’ve chosen what’s safest for your child but Kim hasn’t
I’m not talking about Kim though. I’ve said that I believe she made the wrong decision. My point is that this has become a wider debate about rear facing and the fact that every parent should make that choice as it is the safest. I’m pointing out that it’s not a one size fits all approach. There are genuine reasons why some choose not to and I think people need to be a bit more respectful of that without branding all parents who forward face irresponsible because the research is there to support the other option

Reactions: 2
I’m not talking about Kim though. I’ve said that I believe she made the wrong decision. My point is that this has become a wider debate about rear facing and the fact that every parent should make that choice as it is the safest. I’m pointing out that it’s not a one size fits all approach. There are genuine reasons why some choose not to and I think people need to be a bit more respectful of that without branding all parents who forward face irresponsible because the research is there to support the other option

We’re talking about Kim though, this is her thread, not anyone else’s fault you’re triggered because your child is forward facing

Reactions: 16
If you forward face your 5 month old knowing the risks, you deserve to be shamed…🤷🏻‍♀️

Safety isn’t a choice, it’s soley up to a parent to keep their child safe, any parent who is informed and decides to forward face for absolutely no reason are literally putting their baby in danger..

Don’t even get me started on those cheap cop out white clip seats, I wish I could burn them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Rear facing is safest, it’s just a fact. If a child can’t be rear facing for some particular reason so be it but that doesn’t negate the fact it is statistically safer to rear face till at least 4 years old.

Reactions: 10
Rear facing is safest, it’s just a fact. If a child can’t be rear facing for some particular reason so be it but that doesn’t negate the fact it is statistically safer to rear face till at least 4 years old.
This and turning your 5 month old rear facing should be shamed. He should be still his infant seat...

Reactions: 7
Absolutely not. I’ve purchased many an item from Smyths myself. Also, I think this thread is getting a bit petty - she’s irresponsible cause she has Ollie forward facing, she’s irresponsible cause she’s getting a stroller in Smyths and now she’s irresponsible cause she has him in a walker.

While I don’t agree with putting a baby so young forward facing - he should be in his infant seat, I think the extended rear facing pontificators need to take a chill pill. It’s getting boring now and the shaming that comes from it is toxic. As for the buggy and walker, ffs I’m sure those won’t be detrimental to how the child turns out.

I’m not Kim’s biggest fan and the car seat thing did irk me but can we give it a rest on the mom shaming. Everyone on this thread must be living the little house on the prairie life with their kids

Aside from the car seat debate, a little bit of research would have told Kim the dangers of walkers. The neonatologist that saw us said she and all her peers are totally against them due to the accidents that have been linked to them. In some countries it’s illegal to sell walkers…

This and turning your 5 month old rear facing should be shamed. He should be still his infant seat...
Weirdly enough most people who pay and go through ivf have this innate sense to do the absolute best for thw baby theyve so so longed for and have researched things for ever , as a felow ivf mum I know this , you look at them as being such a miracle that its like you wrsp them in cotton wool maling sure nothing wver bad can happen , can ye relate to that , thats why im so surprised how laxidaisy she is about most things

Aside from the car seat debate, a little bit of research would have told Kim the dangers of walkers. The neonatologist that saw us said she and all her peers are totally against them due to the accidents that have been linked to them. In some countries it’s illegal to sell walkers…

There illegal in Canada .

I did use one for both of mine my youngest was a very late walker 22 months so he was able to go outside and play with his brother for a short time to give him independence but 10 minutes he was happier crawling in the ground!!!

Reactions: 1
Weirdly enough most people who pay and go through ivf have this innate sense to do the absolute best for thw baby theyve so so longed for and have researched things for ever , as a felow ivf mum I know this , you look at them as being such a miracle that its like you wrsp them in cotton wool maling sure nothing wver bad can happen , can ye relate to that , thats why im so surprised how laxidaisy she is about most things
This! Such a longed for and wanted baby and she's done feck all research on his safety. Both myself and the husband separately researched everything we bought for our first baby because we'd waited so long, experienced such loss and it had taken so much to have her that there was no way we'd be taking any chances with her safety. Baby 2 is not an IVF baby, she was a glorious surprise, but we're the exact same way with her. It's not worth the risks.

Walkers are a hill I will die on 🙋‍♀️ Just don't do it people....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
But this about a five month old baby who hasn’t been diagnosed with any issues and his mother chooses to put him at risk everytime she puts him in that car seat because she knows what’s best. There are exceptions to every rule but not at Ollie’s age. It’s like the breast over bottle debate we all know breast feeding is healthier for babies I chose to bottle feed after my first it was a disaster and I didn’t bother trying again but I don’t get triggered about it as far as I’m concerned a fed baby with a healthy mother sane mother was more important than me struggling through that again but I still agree if you can do it more power to you why get worked up over facts on a tattle thread about someone else

Reactions: 10
I’m generally live and let live about a lot of parenting decisions- except where the child is in danger.
And to be honest what’s pissed me off most is her smart arse and nasty response to people expressing concern.
She’s outed herself as a crass piece of trash imo.

Reactions: 11
Still not private. Checked in her stories. Ollie is with Nana 'Don't come for me'....when for once, you've not just pawned him off. Also, tell me you read here without telling me you read here. Hi Kim! Get that boy a safer carseat!

Reactions: 4
Still not private. Checked in her stories. Ollie is with Nana 'Don't come for me'....when for once, you've not just pawned him off. Also, tell me you read here without telling me you read here. Hi Kim! Get that boy a safer carseat!
Was thinking the same ... using the painting as an excuse 🙄 He seems to be with his nana a lot , like I get people need a break but a longed for baby being shipped off regularly

Given the amount of time Ollie spends with nania nana it’s probably more appropriate to say he has a sleep over with Kim and Robbie. Great about the mold Kim really but I don’t think you’re ‘anal’ about safety. It sometimes seems like she avoids the child, on a serious note her family could do with checking in on her

Reactions: 7
He goes EVERY SATURDAY now she just said.
Wtf

The weekend!
When does Robbie see him? Spend the whole day with him?
Such a bizarre set up. Not in a million years would anyone be taking my 6 month old every Saturday

Reactions: 12
He goes EVERY SATURDAY now she just said.
Wtf

The weekend!
When does Robbie see him? Spend the whole day with him?
Such a bizarre set up. Not in a million years would anyone be taking my 6 month old every Saturday
It’s a lovely age too, lovely for play and small day trips and not to be dumped constantly. Robbie must barely see him

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.