Remaining_hopeful #3 Robbie, Ollie & Kim.. is she bright or is she dim….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't there a Tony Kealys 's somewhere close? We found them amazing when looking for stuff and their staff genuinely seemed to know their stuff. When we went in to buy our first infant car seat, the woman serving us talked to us about options for the next one too and how important it was to rearface as long as possible.
Tony kealys is literally across the car park 🙈 the likes of Kim would never go to somewhere reputable to buy a life saving device. That would make far too much sense. Poor poor baby 😔

Reactions: 5
I’ve no issue with a stroller but after spending hundreds on a travel system I do wonder why you’d need a stroller already for a 5 month old? I doubt it’s for her in fairness, the child is with Nania nana more than with Kim so I’m presuming it’s for nana for when she has him. Also makes you wonder why you’d choose the cheapest car seat when clearly she’d some money set aside for the stroller? I’d sooner have got a good car seat and wait another few weeks before buying a cheap stroller

Reactions: 4
Money for a stroller but not enough to invest in a decent carseat, interesting. This one makes Lisa solo mom look competent!

Reactions: 8
I must be crazy my son is 3 ½ and I still use his travel system I have the baby jogger city select its clumpy but mother of duck its heavy, granny only said at the weekend i should get a stoller but I love my travel system even bring it on holidays with me

Reactions: 3
I must be crazy my son is 3 ½ and I still use his travel system I have the baby jogger city select its clumpy but mother of duck its heavy, granny only said at the weekend i should get a stoller but I love my travel system even bring it on holidays with me
Same, hate strollers, had a nearly 5 year old in uppababy vista today cos I knew she’d be complaining about doing the full walk from crèche. That thing is a workhorse.

Reactions: 3
Money for a stroller but not enough to invest in a decent carseat, interesting. This one makes Lisa solo mom look competent!
Milkymates aside, Lisa does seem to look better than Kim at the moment, don’t get me wrong both are lazy as sin, selfish, ignorant to advice and happy to exploit their kids however Lisa does bring her kids out more than Kim, did research car seat safety and is attempting to make a ‘career’. Either way the bar is very low

Reactions: 2
As much as I give out about the solo sleep couch, she does a better job than stoner Dimkim. I can’t believe she hasn’t turned him rearfacing again even after all the stuff sent to her showing her how much safer it is. She’s putting her pride before his safety

No need to change the car seat, I thought my little fella had outgrown that same seat around the 8 month mark and he was much bigger than Ollie but I just needed to readjust it , that seat lasts until 1 year 🙈 such a waste of money.

Reactions: 2
No need to change the car seat, I thought my little fella had outgrown that same seat around the 8 month mark and he was much bigger than Ollie but I just needed to readjust it , that seat lasts until 1 year 🙈 such a waste of money.
That’s the thing, If you go to one of those check it fits days or even a decent car seat supplier they will check what you have & make adjustments where needed. A lot of the time they’re just not being used right. We were offered a maxi cosi when I was pregnant on my first from a family member who was buying the next stage seats for her twins who were just turning one. The shop did all the proper checks & told her to wait roughly 3-4 more months as the girls had some more growing to do. They ended up getting another 5 months out of them in the end, the shop still got a sale out of the family, just a little bit later.
They also got a bonus sale out of another family member who heard the story from the twins Mum & surprised us with a brand new seat & isofix base.

We’re the same with our nearly 4yr old! The suspension is much better on them and ours is fairly light and v cosy with the Footmuff. We borrowed a stroller for a holiday recently and he dragged his feet constantly! Thankfully that’s not possible when he’s in his bugaboo.

Reactions: 1
We’re the same with our nearly 4yr old! The suspension is much better on them and ours is fairly light and v cosy with the Footmuff. We borrowed a stroller for a holiday recently and he dragged his feet constantly! Thankfully that’s not possible when he’s in his bugaboo.
My 3 year old is tiny we have a stroller but I think I used it 4 times I have them we went, away in November the foot muff hexwas so cosy in the evenings, although he does walk a good amount he's still not ready or I'm not ready to store the buggy away

Sad thing is that cheap seat can actually be rearfacing
Yup to 10kg 😔 seriously doubt that bubba is even 9kg to be honest. She said they weighted him and they don't have a baby scales in smyths 😩 he would be marginally safer rear facing in that seat but its still a death trap in a crash.

I think everyone ends up buying a stroller type buggy when they have a baby  I had an icandy buggy and I loved it but I had to get a stroller type for my mum who was minding my baby when I went back to work cos she was able for anything else!! I just don’t understand why she goes to smyths for all her baby stuff?? Why not go to an actual baby shop, she must be as tight as a ducks arse!! 
Is it frowned upon to get baby items from "the baby room @ Smyths toystore" 🤔 wow well then I'm ashamed to admit I bought nearly every thing for my baby from travel system, next to me, cot, carseats changing unit and everything in between from Smyths. tit mom here too in that case 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is it frowned upon to get baby items from "the baby room @ Smyths toystore" 🤔 wow well then I'm ashamed to admit I bought nearly every thing for my baby from travel system, next to me, cot, carseats changing unit and everything in between from Smyths. tit mom here too in that case 🤷🏼‍♀️
Absolutely not. I’ve purchased many an item from Smyths myself. Also, I think this thread is getting a bit petty - she’s irresponsible cause she has Ollie forward facing, she’s irresponsible cause she’s getting a stroller in Smyths and now she’s irresponsible cause she has him in a walker.

While I don’t agree with putting a baby so young forward facing - he should be in his infant seat, I think the extended rear facing pontificators need to take a chill pill. It’s getting boring now and the shaming that comes from it is toxic. As for the buggy and walker, ffs I’m sure those won’t be detrimental to how the child turns out.

I’m not Kim’s biggest fan and the car seat thing did irk me but can we give it a rest on the mom shaming. Everyone on this thread must be living the little house on the prairie life with their kids

• Heart
Absolutely not. I’ve purchased many an item from Smyths myself. Also, I think this thread is getting a bit petty - she’s irresponsible cause she has Ollie forward facing, she’s irresponsible cause she’s getting a stroller in Smyths and now she’s irresponsible cause she has him in a walker.

While I don’t agree with putting a baby so young forward facing - he should be in his infant seat, I think the extended rear facing pontificators need to take a chill pill. It’s getting boring now and the shaming that comes from it is toxic. As for the buggy and walker, ffs I’m sure those won’t be detrimental to how the child turns out.

I’m not Kim’s biggest fan and the car seat thing did irk me but can we give it a rest on the mom shaming. Everyone on this thread must be living the little house on the prairie life with their kids
Totally agree. Criticising Smyths is ridiculous and I already said yesterday that it doesn't matter what kind of stroller she buys. I took a back seat here when I started reading all the car seat stuff. It's possible to be a bit too cautious as well.

Reactions: 4
Personally I couldn’t care less about anyone buying anything baby related from Smyths, however I do think if you’re going in for something as important as a car seat then you should do your own research before going in and not depend solely on retail staff to make that decision for you. Baby walkers are always up for debate, do they hold back kids walking, how about their hips, does the house have stairs, etc but it’s not a hill I’d care to die on. However.. the fact is rear facing is safer than forward facing, possibly up to 5 times more. Whether you choose to take that on or not is irrelevant to the fact and I do question how a parent could know that and decide against it. I couldn’t care less if that’s mom shaming or not, car seat safely really isn’t that complicated

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.