Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The amount of creeps and weirdos on the internet the last thing I would do is put a video of my child up like that, exploiting young kids as content is baffling to me

Reactions: 3
Another bleeping bleep that thinks it’s appropriate to post videos of their child in the bath 😫 Jesus wept! God love these kids with exploitative parents that have tit for brains.

Reactions: 8
To be honest I’d probably stay in the hospital if I could through the heat wave with a new baba instead of trying to get home , if the hospital wasn’t a furnace 🤣
I had one of my children in that hospital during a heatwave and my god, it was awful. That place a roasting in the middle of the winter even . I discharged myself after 24 hours.

Reactions: 2
Yes I had a baby there during a heatwave also and it was horrific, over 30 degrees in our room, there's no aircon in that hospital, it's total disgrace!! The birth was fine for me but the stay afterwards has nearly given me ptsd. I'll be getting out ASAP next time no matter what

Reactions: 1
I had one of my children in that hospital during a heatwave and my god, it was awful. That place a roasting in the middle of the winter even . I discharged myself after 24 hours.
Ya I had my last baby Durning a heatwave to the temp in the ward was 30 degrees and I had a section they were trying to give me fluids through the veins and the plasters kept falling of from the sweat on my arms and bear in mind ya be sweaty anyways from all the hormone changes and the cannula wouldn't stay put. I was terrified my baby would overheat to it was roasting. Couldn't wait to go home I had her Monday morning and was home by the Thursday. The heat in there was unreal I opened the window for some air and the wasps kept flying in so had to close it 😂

So delighted for them but you know what I actually thought today how she only took a shower today morning after both my sections first thing I did was get showered couldn't wait for my shower and with my second baby I had them twice a day on the hospital it was during a heatwave so was needed big time

Ya I had my last baby Durning a heatwave to the temp in the ward was 30 degrees and I had a section they were trying to give me fluids through the veins and the plasters kept falling of from the sweat on my arms and bear in mind ya be sweaty anyways from all the hormone changes and the cannula wouldn't stay put. I was terrified my baby would overheat to it was roasting. Couldn't wait to go home I had her Monday morning and was home by the Thursday. The heat in there was unreal I opened the window for some air and the wasps kept flying in so had to close it 😂

So delighted for them but you know what I actually thought today how she only took a shower today morning after both my sections first thing I did was get showered couldn't wait for my shower and with my second baby I had them twice a day on the hospital it was during a heatwave so was needed big time
When I had my first baby during the first lockdown I didn't get to have a shower the entire few days I was in there 😅 we weren't allowed visitors so I had no one to watch her so I could leave, she screamed the second I put her down so I couldn't go while she slept and it was June so I was SWEATING. and before anyone says you should have asked one of the staff, when I was made go to the bathroom after my catethar was removed one nurse said she would watch my baby for me and when I came back she had fucked off and my baby was howling 😂

• Angry
When I had my first baby during the first lockdown I didn't get to have a shower the entire few days I was in there 😅 we weren't allowed visitors so I had no one to watch her so I could leave, she screamed the second I put her down so I couldn't go while she slept and it was June so I was SWEATING. and before anyone says you should have asked one of the staff, when I was made go to the bathroom after my catethar was removed one nurse said she would watch my baby for me and when I came back she had fucked off and my baby was howling 😂
Oh my god I be fuming if she done that to me but as you said you had noone that was able to help she has Robbie there with her so no excuse I say you couldn't wait for that shower when you got home

Reactions: 1
Her poor grasp of basic spelling and grammar is giving me the ick ….. ‘now that he’s hear’ 🙄 …. I need to stop looking!

Reactions: 3
Oh my god I be fuming if she done that to me but as you said you had noone that was able to help she has Robbie there with her so no excuse I say you couldn't wait for that shower when you got home
That shower when I got home was better than any shower ive ever had in my life 😂even the one you take when you get home after not showering at electric picnic

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That shower when I got home was better than any shower ive ever had in my life 😂even the one you take when you get home after not showering at electric picnic
Electric picnic those were the days I get the fear just thinking about it 😂😂😂 only picnics I go to now are teddy bear ones

• Haha
Not a chance did any nurse tell her keep the baby in bed beside her. She is absolutely nuts this one. To have a baby in the bed is one of the most dangerous things to do. Also no nurse would tell her hold a baby as much as she can. They need routine ! Oh lord I fear for this baby already!

Reactions: 12
You know she's very dim often but she is besotted with him. It is fresh to see a new Mammy embrace those early weeks and know she can't spoil him!

Not a chance did any nurse tell her keep the baby in bed beside her. She is absolutely nuts this one. To have a baby in the bed is one of the most dangerous things to do. Also no nurse would tell her hold a baby as much as she can. They need routine ! Oh lord I fear for this baby already!

Nurses do give that advice. They advise around safe co sleeping especially for night 2 to improve chance of establishing breastfeeding. Very common practice now and great they are telling people how to do it safely

Reactions: 18
You know she's very dim often but she is besotted with him. It is fresh to see a new Mammy embrace those early weeks and know she can't spoil him!

Nurses do give that advice. They advise around safe co sleeping especially for night 2 to improve chance of establishing breastfeeding. Very common practice now and great they are telling people how to do it safely
I had a baby two years ago and breast fed and not
One nurse advised me of that. Breastfeeding while lying beside you is fine not sleeping beside you. A baby sleeping beside you is not right as it rises the chance of SIDS.

Reactions: 6
I had a baby two years ago and breast fed and not
One nurse advised me of that. Breastfeeding while lying beside you is fine not sleeping beside you. A baby sleeping beside you is not right as it rises the chance of SIDS.
I had one 18 months ago and getting two more soon... it isn't banned and there is a way to do it safely. It is on the agenda and they do share the 'rules'.

Unsafe sleep increases risk of SIDS.

Reactions: 5
I have never ever ever heard of a nurse telling anyone to let the baby sleep beside you. Is she making up this to justify having the baby in the bed. I’ve had kids my last a year ago and no one ever once promoted the baby sleeping in the bed. Especially the first few days after having the baby and your absolutely exhausted

I had one 18 months ago and getting two more soon... it isn't banned and there is a way to do it safely. It is on the agenda and they do share the 'rules'.

Unsafe sleep increases risk of SIDS.
Unsafe sleeping is sleeping in a bed beside parents! Lying beside a mom whilst breastfeeding is very very different to sleeping the night beside a mother. She is dangerous on all aspects of the scale. And no nurse would tell you to keep a baby as much in your arms as possible either!

Reactions: 7
Co slept and breastfed all my babies. There’s safe and unsafe ways to do it. Personally never did or would in the hospital beds but the minute we got home it was straight in the bed.

Babies need to be held and should be. It creates a strong emotional attachment and help builds happy and confident children.

She’s probably heard what she wanted to hear and she isn’t the best at expressing herself so it’s come across wrong but the message was right, cosleeping with breastfed babies can be done safely and babies should be held.

I was also told this on my last a few years ago. They didn’t say anything this time as baby is too small to breastfeed so I envy her as I am stuck to a pump 8 times a day! Also please don’t spout the baby needs routine rubbish. It’s futile in the first few months and adds unnecessary stress on new parents after birth.

Reactions: 9
I was also told this on my last a few years ago. They didn’t say anything this time as baby is too small to breastfeed so I envy her as I am stuck to a pump 8 times a day! Also please don’t spout the baby needs routine rubbish. It’s futile in the first few months and adds unnecessary stress on new parents after birth.
I’m not saying not to hold your baby I’m saying a nurse wouldn’t advise you doing this. Also I’m finding it bizarre how any medical health professional would advise you bring your baby into bed beside you for the night

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.