Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s gorgeous! Glad it went well- just hope she follows the recovery rules now.
How long do they generally keep you in on a planned section for a first baby?
I was in 4 nights but had to be put under general anaesthetic, managed to get a fever and had blood pressure issues. I think the general rule is 3-5 for sections.

The smugness around the breastfeeding sums up this dope for me to be honest and is the reason she’s so unlikeable online and irl. It’s your first day on a very long journey so much can happen in the coming days give it a rest.

Reactions: 11
The smugness around the breastfeeding sums up this dope for me to be honest and is the reason she’s so unlikeable online and irl. It’s your first day on a very long journey so much can happen in the coming days give it a rest.
I thought the “my milk hasn’t come in yet” was funny, most people know milk comes in on day 3-5. Sure she’s about 2L of colostrum at home, is she going to use it or was that just to bring on labour? 🤔 she’s no idea what’s ahead! Just because he’s feeding great now doesn’t mean he won’t sleep, get colic, or have a reaction to the McDonald’s she eats 😂

Reactions: 10
It's literally only day one, wait until a few days in when the baby wants to be on your boob constantly and your nipples are red raw, I don't think we will be seeing any smug posts then 😂

Reactions: 8
I’ve been trying to harvest colostrum on and off for a few weeks and simply haven’t gotten any (the veeeery odd droplet now and again) and felt like tit seeing the vast amounts Kim managed.
Is she even going to need it now?

Reactions: 2
I’ve been trying to harvest colostrum on and off for a few weeks and simply haven’t gotten any (the veeeery odd droplet now and again) and felt like tit seeing the vast amounts Kim managed.
Is she even going to need it now?
Don't let someone on Instagram let you feel bad about yourself, especially when it comes to breastfeeding. I've been there and done that. Felt like absolute shite comparing myself to someone else who was getting loads of milk via pumping and I was getting tiny amounts. Your body will only do what it can and once you give it your best shot you can say you've tried your best. Don't beat yourself up ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's literally only day one, wait until a few days in when the baby wants to be on your boob constantly and your nipples are red raw, I don't think we will be seeing any smug posts then 😂
Just wait until 'Night 2' my LO fed every 20 minutes that night and screamed when I tried to put her down, I had to literally smother my boobs in nipple cream 😂

You ladies were lucky 🙈
I puked for hours after my spinal! Got my toast the next morning after!!

Kim is really dragging it out. She'll post him just before midnight. It's a bit daft really.

Glad he is here safely! He has massive feet I'd say he's a big boy 🤣 she'll be glad of the section
My friend was like that to after hers it must be horrendous to be vomiting after a section I can't imagine that pain

Me too, looking back
100%, i get upset when I think back on it all. Other half having to leave after 1 hour and didn't see him for 3 days. Thank god those restrictions are gone.
Me too, looking back it was barbaric. For fathers too. My poor husband never say the baby until we came home because there was a problem after birth and baby was whisked away. Thank god it wasn't my first or I think I'd have PTSD now. I know it was all necessary but jesus it was awful for everyone.

Reactions: 1
Can’t believe she’s breastfeeding given her poor diet . She was obviously only harvesting trying to bring on labour ! She will be in for a shock when baby is cluster feeding and she’s stuck to the couch for hours on end , I hope there is a shop in walking distance for Robbie 🙈

Also 4 hour stretches is too long for a baby that young, you are meant to feed them every 2-3 hours

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Can’t believe she’s breastfeeding given her poor diet . She was obviously only harvesting trying to bring on labour ! She will be in for a shock when baby is cluster feeding and she’s stuck to the couch for hours on end , I hope there is a shop in walking distance for Robbie 🙈

Also 4 hour stretches is too long for a baby that young, you are meant to feed them every 2-3 hours
3-4 hour stretch is fine as long as he is feeding well, nappies are wet and dirty.

But surely harvesting is especially useful if you plan on breastfeeding? It's to supplement them with in the first few days, if necessary, rather than giving a formula top up. And she may still use some of what she harvested if establishing BF doesn't go smoothly, or if his blood sugars drop etc.

Now, she harvested about 100 times more than she will ever need, which is completely ridiculous!! And I think she probably did intend for it to bring on labour... thank god it didn't, with a footling breech inside her!!

But surely harvesting is especially useful if you plan on breastfeeding? It's to supplement them with in the first few days, if necessary, rather than giving a formula top up. And she may still use some of what she harvested if establishing BF doesn't go smoothly, or if his blood sugars drop etc.

Now, she harvested about 100 times more than she will ever need, which is completely ridiculous!! And I think she probably did intend for it to bring on labour... thank god it didn't, with a footling breech inside her!!
Username … are you a vet? 🤔 i never needed to supplement colostrum on my 2 thankfully so no idea. Her harvesting was way ott! She’s on a high still, I hope the fall isn’t too hard for her when she comes down.

Doesn’t Robbie just look so happy in that photo she posted? He seems really excited to be a dad! Hope all goes well for them tomorrow. I’m so jealous, I’ve another 10 weeks to wait 😂
I'm jealous I want to go back and i am only 4 mont
Did anyone call the name? I know someone deffo called it being a nickname as a name!
My parents did the same for me and I hate my full name. I was called the shortened version my whole life. Have spent yrs getting official documents in that name.

I think Ollie is a lovely name personally. Anyone I know with a name like that eg Charlie, Ben etc., that’s what’s on the birth cert.Each to their own I reckon
Have to agree. I've a name that back in the day would of had a longer version. People always assume my birth cert must have the longer/different version. It doesn't. Why would it. It's never been my name 🥴

Good luck to her getting 3 hours between feeds if she’s breastfeeding!! My fella was stuck to me for the 3 days in hospital I wasn’t complaining though I loved every second of every snuggle/feed 😍 except for my ass stayed numbed didn’t get feeling back in it for a few weeks!!
Also most advice now is to feed on demand not on a schedule??

Absolutely, maybe that’s why he’s going so long between feeds, is she giving that as well? It would be a crying shame to waste so much colostrum 😞

Reactions: 1
Give it a rest and be happy for the girl

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Give it a rest and be happy for the girl
Who are you to tell others give it a rest!! I’m sharing my opinion like I’m entitled to about her already banging on like she’s the worlds best breastfeeding mother and it’s all so amazing…. Never said I wasn’t happy for her

• Haha
Why is everyone being so nasty. The poor girl tried to conceive for yrs went thru ivf and finally achieved her dream. So what to everything and good on her for breastfeeding. Be happy for the girl. Begrudgery and negativity has no place here

Who are you to tell others give it a rest!! I’m sharing my opinion like I’m entitled to about her already banging on like she’s the worlds best breastfeeding mother and it’s all so amazing…. Never said I wasn’t happy for her
She’s amazing. Don’t be so begrudging

Begrudgery and negativity has no place here
:ROFLMAO: On Tattle of all places!!

I am happy for her. Can see breastfeeding not working out in the next few days but she might prove us all wrong. Haven’t a clue what she’s going to do with all that colostrum.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.