Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cooler bag is for the colostrum to bring it in because it'll be frozen.

There's a ridiculous amount of stuff. I do laugh at people's labour bags because I know from experience half of it won't be touched. Enough for the first day and then anything can be brought to you the next day.
There's nothing worse then unpacking a load of shite after coming home from the hospital. I was a section and no way did I have a shower. I brushed my teeth once in three days 🙈😂

It's funny watching someone pack in hindsight after doing it yourself 😂 my first I didn't pack enough stuff and it was during covid so no one could visit or bring me anything and I was stuck there for two days. Second time I packed everything but the kitchen sink and the baby came so fast I was in and out in six hours. Bag wasn't touched. No matter what you pack it won't turn out like you plan!

Reactions: 3
I’ve only just started packing my bags- I got a few cereal bars and glucose sweets that will get eaten regardless if it’s in the labour ward lol!!
I’m sure I won’t need half of what I’ve packed, but it gives me some semblance of control over a situation I know I have zero control over 😂

Reactions: 1
I don’t have kids, is the picnic bag normal? 😂
Absolutely not 😂 I had some non perishable food in my bag. The go ahead bars I packed saved my life because I missed meals after the birth, but I wouldn’t pack a picnic 🤣 Also the cotton balls, like imagine cleaning a massive meconnium poop with those. The big cotton pads are the best thing for that!

Kim’s packed a classic first time mam bag I won’t lie, no judging I’ve been there (minus the picnic basket)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Absolutely not 😂 I had some non perishable food in my bag. The go ahead bars I packed saved my life because I missed meals after the birth, but I wouldn’t pack a picnic 🤣 Also the cotton balls, like imagine cleaning a massive meconnium poop with those. The big cotton pads are the best thing for that!

Oh god didn't even cop that. She needs to throw in a pack of water wipes pronto 😂 those cotton balls will do duck all

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh god didn't even cop that. She needs to throw in a pack of water wipes pronto 😂 those cotton balls will do duck all
Fact!!!! Omg I had to go on when I heard ye mention picnic and omg!🤣 once I was in labour I knew even a sip of water I’d see again 🤮so I envy anyone who can think of eating once in labour! Kim go and empty half the bag out and replace with a large pack of maternity pads not the ‘discreet’ ones.

Can I also just say if anyone is using her as inspo for their own hospital bag and isn't having a csection for the love of god buy a spritz bottle. You will thank me 😂

She wouldn’t pay €3 for waterwipes!! She’s using face wipes from Dealz 😂 I presume she was hoping to get a hospital bag from that company that does them for you but has to muddle on with her own 😂

The peri bottle, BEST PURCHASE EVER!! 😂 100% 🤣

I didn't have one on my first baby and ended up using a lucozade sport bottle 🙈🙈 treated myself to a proper one on my second baby and didn't need it because I was by some miracle fine. I actually still have it brand new, opened but not used if anyone wants me to post it to them!

I didn't have one on my first baby and ended up using a lucozade sport bottle 🙈🙈 treated myself to a proper one on my second baby and didn't need it because I was by some miracle fine. I actually still have it brand new, opened but not used if anyone wants me to post it to them!
Kim will have it, and she'd probably take the lucozade sport bottle aswell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She's deluded if she thinks they will give her a sweep tomorrow, two weeks before her due date 😅

Reactions: 5
Why would she be getting a sweep tomorrow two weeks early? It’s obvious she thinks she’s having the baby in a few days hence the hair plaits and new nails and repacking the baby bag etc 🙈 the collustrum harvesting didn’t kick start the labour so what did she have to say to the hospital for them to give her an early sweep ?

She's deluded if she thinks they will give her a sweep tomorrow, two weeks before her due date 😅
She honestly thinks she’s having the baby tomorrow night , hair all wavy for the photos and new nails , car seat installed and baby bag ready to go 🤣

• Haha
Yup like there’s probably a good month of pregnancy left
She just said there that they haven't offered her one, she's going to beg them tomorrow because of the pains she's been getting 🙄 I don't think she realises that it only works if your body and the baby is actually ready, not just because you're fed up and want it to start

She just said there that they haven't offered her one, she's going to beg them tomorrow because of the pains she's been getting 🙄 I don't think she realises that it only works if your body and the baby is actually ready, not just because you're fed up and want it to start
Ah stop🙈🙈 so she has an appointment for something else and expects them to also do a sweep ? pretty sure they don’t give you one unless you’re over ? It’s a horrific experience, baby isn’t ready yet . Two weeks is a good chunk of time yet .

Reactions: 4
Ah stop🙈🙈 so she has an appointment for something else and expects them to also do a sweep ? pretty sure they don’t give you one unless you’re over ? It’s a horrific experience, baby isn’t ready yet . Two weeks is a good chunk of time yet .
She's 38+1 tomorrow. Assuming it's just a check up tomorrow. Not a chance will they do it just because she's getting pains. I didn't get one until I was 40+4 and even at that I had to beg 😂😂

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Ah lads, she's in lalaland...

Who here has had an unsuccessful sweep 🙋‍♀️ Who here has had a second unsuccessful sweep 🙋‍♀️ Who here has been induced yet it still took two days for baby to come after waters forcefully broken 🙋‍♀️ None of the above being fun picnic basket times by the way 🤦‍♀️ All of the above with an actual medical reason due to GD on insulin...

She's delusional... baby will come when he wants to, not on her schedule 🙄

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.