Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but if the young aren’t at risk is vaccinating them going to solve anything really? Surely the aim of having immunity is so hospitals aren’t overwhelmed and death rates are low so if it’s not at risk in the young then what difference will it really make on the whole?
I agree. Purely hypothetical and a bit cynical on my part but ... its probably a political move. They will basically be able to cite a higher percentage of population vaccinated if they can make up the numbers via vaccinating children and say they have achieved the numbers for 'herd immunity' then.

Reactions: 5
Agreed. This brings us back to the original idea about the need to vaccinate the elderly and/or vulnerable, which I completely agree with. However, surely as you go down the age ranges towards younger/healthy people, you will reach a point where it makes less sense for those to be vaccinated, and where the risk/benefit of the vaccine becomes very difficult to justify. Where that exact point is, I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me, that we are seeking to vaccinate the entire population, when the overwhelming majority of those will not get seriously ill from the virus. Going back to the interview (although I can't provide evidence to back this up), the "expert" did make the point that herd immunity via the vaccine is far less beneficial than if it can be acquired naturally.
It's all to do with T cells ,they're longerlasting if acquired naturally .

Reactions: 3
I thought you had to book them both at the same time…
Depends how you were contacted, my Mother and Brother were contacted via the GP's surgery.
I was sent a letter from the NHS so I was able to book both, strange since I LIVE with my Mother
and Brother.

We have all had both Jabs, now waiting for the booster.

Reactions: 2
I agree. Purely hypothetical and a bit cynical on my part but ... its probably a political move. They will basically be able to cite a higher percentage of population vaccinated if they can make up the numbers via vaccinating children and say they have achieved the numbers for 'herd immunity' then.
I don't see how that's a 'political' move. It's simply a fact that the more people that acquire immunity the greater the level of herd immunity achieved. The question is what proportion of the population need to have immunity in order for there to be sufficient herd immunity? The discussion at the moment is whether that can be achieved by a high level of take up in the adult population without extending the vaccination to children. We're currently at 85% of the adult population having had the first jab which equates to about 68% of the total population.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I heard an interview recently with someone from a scientific background about immunity. The general point he made, was that immunity acquired via natural infection is better and longer lasting, than that acquired "artificially" by vaccination. He was putting the argument forward that healthy kids are at very low risk from the virus, and are therefore better being infected and getting immunity that way, rather than having the vaccine which could result in side effects. This seems to be backed up by this article.
There doesn't seem to be a clear view on the relative merits of immunity through vaccination and infection. For every article that says that 'natural' immunity is as good or better than by vaccination there's at least another saying that it isn't and that people who have had Covid should still have one or more jabs.

I'm certainly not advocating that children should be vaccinated. At least there would need to be a more definitive reason why this was necessary before I'd be convinced.

What age group are Ireland currently vaccinating? Doesn't this rule out tons of people from indoor dining?
They only started allowing 35-39 year olds register!!!! And yes it rules out a lot!! Who is going to be serving the lucky indoor diners like? The majority of people working in these places are 20s 😡 so bleeping wrong. I expect nothing less as NPHET seems to be allowed to run this shithole of a country
Excuse my language! I’m just absolutely FURIOUS

I’m so happy that businesses aren’t bowing to this shitshow

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Agreed. This brings us back to the original idea about the need to vaccinate the elderly and/or vulnerable, which I completely agree with. However, surely as you go down the age ranges towards younger/healthy people, you will reach a point where it makes less sense for those to be vaccinated, and where the risk/benefit of the vaccine becomes very difficult to justify. Where that exact point is, I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me, that we are seeking to vaccinate the entire population, when the overwhelming majority of those will not get seriously ill from the virus. Going back to the interview (although I can't provide evidence to back this up), the "expert" did make the point that herd immunity via the vaccine is far less beneficial than if it can be acquired naturally.
I totally agree with everything you’re saying.

Fingers crossed they will be OK but TBH I think I would have gone with "D'oh!"...
i hate these kind of jibes I think they’re really insensitive, maybe it wasn’t your intention but it almost comes across that you are attempting to imply they’re stupid for not being vaccinated but yet I’m certain it’s been reported that Australia have only fully vaccinated 5% their population so maybe they haven’t had the option yet.

Larger studies than this group of 30, tell us that the delta variant has also infected double vaccinated people so I wouldn’t hold your breath on the vaccine being your only form of protection. We all need to continue to wash our hands, wear face coverings and keep a distance. Covid will continue to disrupt the lives of everyone not just those with a vaccine.

Reactions: 4
🤣🤣🤣 I got this before, would like to know why I’m “high risk for getting seriously unwell”. Zero duty of care. Sending these lies out to people tells me all I need to know. Sinister f*cks.
I gave your post a sick emoji, because the contents of the letter sounds highly manipulative.

I'm in the clinically vulnerable list and did all of the required shielding for last year and part of this. I had my first vaccine at the start of Feb and my second at the end of April (both AZ).

I don't feel as well as I did before I had the jabs - whether that's hypochondria related or not. The joint pain (Sarcoidosis) seems worse, my breathing seems worse (I'm regularly exercising, losing weight - 3st in the last year - and my breathing seems to have got worse!?!??!!!)

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I do wonder what I've put into my body. I feel also like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place - get the vaccine and feel worse physically or don't get the vaccine and potentially get cleaned off the face of the earth by COVID.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm in the clinically vulnerable list and did all of the required shielding for last year and part of this. I had my first vaccine at the start of Feb and my second at the end of April (both AZ).

I don't feel as well as I did before I had the jabs - whether that's hypochondria related or not. The joint pain (Sarcoidosis) seems worse, my breathing seems worse (I'm regularly exercising, losing weight - 3st in the last year - and my breathing seems to have got worse!?!??!!!)

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I do wonder what I've put into my body. I feel also like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place - get the vaccine and feel worse physically or don't get the vaccine and potentially get cleaned off the face of the earth by COVID.
Hope you feel better soon maybe discuss it with your consultant if you feel it's making you unwell ,I've had a lot of joint problems since I had it too .I don't know if it triggered another autoimmune response doctor is looking into it,I had other symptoms but they've settled but the joint problems persist.
———————————————————

Last edited:
I've had two AZ Jabs. Some research suggests that with my leukaemia and the treatment I'm on for it this gives me about 65% protection (compared to 95%ish for healthy people) we need a campaign for booster shots for the immunocompromised. I am less worried about the vaccine. More about my lack of protection

• Heart
I've had two AZ Jabs. Some research suggests that with my leukaemia and the treatment I'm on for it this gives me about 65% protection (compared to 95%ish for healthy people) we need a campaign for booster shots for the immunocompromised. I am less worried about the vaccine. More about my lack of protection
Yes I agree with this entirely - my husband is on immune suppressants and I worry about this as well (though he had covid so does have some natural antibodies too).

Im sure I read they were trialling a 3rd jab for immune-compromised / vulnerable - hopefully this does happen (for those that want it).

Is it worth asking your doctor if there is any news on that?

My husband spoke with his consultant over a story that came out saying the vaccine might be less effective with his medication and he was quite helpful (said not to overly worry as it's a lot more complicated than what the story said etc but would let him know if any changes).

• Heart

CEV will get the boosters first once they gather the information they’re to announce the booster plans at the end of August.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I gave your post a sick emoji, because the contents of the letter sounds highly manipulative.
Haha, thanks for letting me know 😄 (I’m not one for leaving sarcastic emojis but sometimes wonder if people think I have been if I’m the only one to add a laugh).

And agreed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.