Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not having it. Just my personal choice but I work in healthcare and have seen they are trying to make it mandatory to have it but that means I will leave because I am not being forced into having it. Anyone else here NOT having it and if so, why not? Ps I am not antivax and definitely not up for a debate about it I just want people's input on it x

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
I am not having it. Just my personal choice but I work in healthcare and have seen they are trying to make it mandatory to have it but that means I will leave because I am not being forced into having it. Anyone else here NOT having it and if so, why not? Ps I am not antivax and definitely not up for a debate about it I just want people's input on it x
There's a covid vaccine thread on here you may find it useful.

Reactions: 2
I agree with your reasons for not wanting the vaccine. I also work in the care industry, but unlike you, I bowed to pressure from a number of sources and had the vaccine. I fully support anyone that chooses not to be vaccinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It should always be personal choice, sad that’s it’s being taken away bit by bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Before joining health services, you often have to show your vaccination history and its a requirement as part of your OH. Why is the covid jab any different? (Genuine question!)

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Before joining health services, you often have to show your vaccination history and its a requirement as part of your OH. Why is the covid jab any different? (Genuine question!)

Because it's not a fully tested vaccine. No long term data.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Thank you didn't know there was a covid vaccine thread here but is it about not having the vaccine or is it those who are.

One thing I am worried about is my freedom being taken away ie lose my job that I love and I am good at (without being big headed), going holidays, visiting family etc. I follow the rules completely by social distancing, wearing PPE and washing my hands but I am refusing to be forced into having a vaccine for the sake of it because it is our human right to choose what we want injected into our bodies.

This is going to ruin people's lives. Massively.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Thank you didn't know there was a covid vaccine thread here but is it about not having the vaccine or is it those who are.

One thing I am worried about is my freedom being taken away ie lose my job that I love and I am good at (without being big headed), going holidays, visiting family etc. I follow the rules completely by social distancing, wearing PPE and washing my hands but I am refusing to be forced into having a vaccine for the sake of it because it is our human right to choose what we want injected into our bodies.

This is going to ruin people's lives. Massively.
the other thread has both views posted on it.

Reactions: 3
I follow the rules completely by social distancing, wearing PPE and washing my hands but I am refusing to be forced into having a vaccine for the sake of it because it is our human right to choose what we want injected into our bodies.
So did I follow all the rules completely and still got it. It’s a highly infectious disease. I don’t understand why anyone working in healthcare would want to put their patients at risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
So did I follow all the rules completely and still got it. It’s a highly infectious disease. I don’t understand why anyone working in healthcare would want to put their patients at risk.
Having the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it and spreading and would those patients not be vaccinated?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Having the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it and spreading and would those patients not be vaccinated?
That’s a bit of a stretch when the data is there to show that not only does it significantly reduce transmission, it also almost certainly prevents death and serious illness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
As a fellow healthcare worker (doctor), I entirely respect your choice but I think it’s an irresponsible decision and you should consider working in a non patient facing position, sorry.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 204
I'm not having it. My reason may seem stupid but I have always reacted badly to the normal flu jab in that im usually ill for a few days and I just don't want to make myself ill.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm intrigued what job you have in healthcare?

Reactions: 3
I'm not having it. My reason may seem stupid but I have always reacted badly to the normal flu jab in that im usually ill for a few days and I just don't want to make myself ill.
Surely a slightly better scenario, ill for a few days post jab than hospitalised with covid if you ever caught it? Not trying to even be funny here, just trying to make sense of your point as I know a lot of people have anxiety over side effects but imo the pros outweigh the cons.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Surely a slightly better scenario, ill for a few days post jab than hospitalised with covid if you ever caught it? Not trying to even be funny here, just trying to make sense of your point as I know a lot of people have anxiety over side effects but imo the pros outweigh the cons.
Or another scenario, catch Covid, no worse than a bad cold and test positive repeatedly for antibodies. They say you can catch Covid more than once, having friends and family all around the world the only people I know who caught covid are the five colleagues who caught with myself. If I catch it again I'm guessing it is the same chance of me winning the Euro millions jackpot!🤑

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm not having it as I'm breastfeeding and as you said earlier there is no long term data. Too many people have just jumped to get vaccinated without thinking it through. Yes, noone wants to die from covid or for others to, but without sounding blunt thousands die from flu every Year and the flu vaccine isn't pushed like this one has been. I've spoken to many others who would never normally get flu vaccine every flu season who feel like they have been forced to get covid vaccine so they can go on holiday, get back to normal etc. In my view if you don't have a reason to get the flu jab there's no need to get covid jab

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.