Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Irish are being tortured with all the restrictions šŸ˜„
For a bleeping island with 5 million people! Yes we are! Itā€™s desperately unfair and itā€™s the governments fault for allowing nphet to run the country! Itā€™s embarrassing at this stage. It wouldnā€™t at all surprise me of it was announced that we were going back into lockdown šŸ™ˆ

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hi all,

Just jumping in, my reasons for refusing are:
No long term data
I dont feel at risk from covid
Im breastfeeding and would never risk taking anything that could effect my baby

So far my family have been respectful of my decision. Im on maternity leave and go back in September and I know the harassment is going to start for getting the vaccine, dreading it. How have you all coped with the pressures from work?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Hi all,

No long term data

So far my family have been respectful of my decision. Im on maternity leave and go back in September and I know the harassment is going to start for getting the vaccine, dreading it. How have you all coped with the pressures from work?
Do you work in healthcare setting? My manager asked me twice and each time was a no and I said I do not want to be asked again. She hasn't done it since. X

Reactions: 1
I'd rather not get vaccine
I havenā€™t accepted the vaccine yet, no idea what my long term plans are but for now it was a no.
i give point zero percent of a duck what anyone thinks about it despite being called a head to my face and having family members say theyā€™ll wave from the car as theyā€™re off to events. Donā€™t bother šŸ˜‚

i will never judge anyone for the choice they make when it comes to their own body,
woman decides to end a pregnancy - her choice.
woman decides to put her concerns for fertility above a new vaccine, regardless of what weā€™re being told about the effects on pregnancy - her choice.
woman decides to hold off putting any type of medication into her body. Especially a new vaccine. - her choice.
anyone who passes judgement - twit.
i.love.this šŸ˜šŸ‘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Morning all, much earlier in this thread I shared my view that I was getting the vaccine purely
Hi all,

No long term data

I coped with the pressure from work (and friends) by having the vaccine šŸ˜¬ 100% would not recommend.
So far I have been fine from it, had it on Saturday. Although weirdly had some breakthrough bleeding on Monday (Iā€™m on the pill) and I never normally have that.
However, I only got it because of pressure which is a really tit reason to have it. So although the pressure is eased somewhat because now I can say Iā€™ve had it, Iā€™m left with the feelings of disappointment in myself for not feeling strong enough to withstand the pressure

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So now itā€™s boosters in one arm and flu jab in the other on the same day. Doctor involved with the JCVI on LBC

ā€œand is that safe?ā€
ā€œas far as we knowā€

4191D90A-855C-4E57-ACFE-B1184CDEB000.jpeg

They are looking at mixing and matching jabs. Plan is to target ā€œthe over 70sā€. Where have we heard that beforeā€¦

Reactions: 2
I said this before on another thread and Iā€™m still of the same mindset, when the army drag me from my house kicking and screaming and forcibly inject me thatā€™s when I will have the covid vaccine.
Please donā€™t come at me saying Iā€™m going to kill your granny, I believe what I believe we are heading for another lockdown and people saying oh I canā€™t wait until everything is back to normal to me personally I find it delusional, but thatā€™s just a personal opinion everyone should do what suits them and not be manipulated or forced into something they donā€™t want to.

Reactions: 14
I said this before on another thread and Iā€™m still of the same mindset, when the army drag me from my house kicking and screaming and forcibly inject me thatā€™s when I will have the covid vaccine.
Please donā€™t come at me saying Iā€™m going to kill your granny, I believe what I believe we are heading for another lockdown and people saying oh I canā€™t wait until everything is back to normal to me personally I find it delusional, but thatā€™s just a personal opinion everyone should do what suits them and not be manipulated or forced into something they donā€™t want to.
Iā€™m not pro/anti but can you see why if everyone declined the jab weā€™d have a much higher chance of being back in lockdown?ā€¦. If they vaccines work I canā€™t see how itā€™s delusional to believe things will get back to normal if enough people take it šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 10
I think they're going to go the cases angle to try delay the opening. We all know they're going to skyrocket so they'll focus on that. Hopefully not though.

Iā€™m not pro/anti but can you see why if everyone declined the jab weā€™d have a much higher chance of being back in lockdown?ā€¦. If they vaccines work I canā€™t see how itā€™s delusional to believe things will get back to normal if enough people take it šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
But do they work I keep hearing of double jabbers still getting covid or this new hay fever strain like I said I believe what I believe and maybe I need to give my tin foil hat a bob and get back to the conspiracy theory thread . I realise a lot of people have died but what I donā€™t understand is covid is getting the blame for everything who died of flu recently.

Reactions: 5
But do they work I keep hearing of double jabbers still getting covid or this new hay fever strain like I said I believe what I believe and maybe I need to give my tin foil hat a bob and get back to the conspiracy theory thread . I realise a lot of people have died but what I donā€™t understand is covid is getting the blame for everything who died of flu recently.
They wonā€™t stop people getting it, and of course everyone will have their own opinions based on the people around them. I can only go by the stats which show hospitalisations and deaths are very low in relation to case numbers. Anecdotally I work in the NHS and we are seeing a lot less people with it in hospitals, those that are getting it seem to be younger and recover at home. There are still some people double jabbed who get it but it doesnā€™t seem to be making them as ill as it perhaps would have. Whether this is due to the jab itself or potentially a more infectious but less serious strain who knows.

Reactions: 4
The point is though that society functioning shouldn't be dependent on expecting/forcing/mandating people to get healthcare if they don't want it. Particularly when that healthcare is experimental and still undergoing clinical trials. As a society we should be accepting the fact that it is a virus, that will indeed make some people sick and will indeed prove fatal for some. The fact we can't accept that, is being falsely blamed on people who don't want forced healthcare, as opposed to a healthcare system and government that aren't fit for purpose. That we are even in this position for a virus with the survival rate it has, is absolute beggars belief. If they actually provided us with data on how many deaths there has been minus the clinically vulnerable, it would be miniscule (Well, even more so than now!). Even less so if we had accurate data on how many cases there have been that were never tested for and therefore not counted. Does that mean those deaths don't matter? Of course not, but that's life, people die and we can't keep shutting the entire world and blaming people who are at extremely low risk for the virus, for not being forced into healthcare that could potentially pose them at higher risk than the virus itself. And no one is allowed to talk about this because any data showing that is immediately censored.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'd rather not get vaccine

i.love.this šŸ˜šŸ‘
news report around teenagers getting the vaccine last night with one of those government adviser guys, and on it they said we need be sure there is a benefit to giving teenagers a vaccine we donā€™t yet know the full safety of in order to firstly keep them in in education and secondly hit that 80% herd immunity.

Iā€™m not a teenager but I kinda like the idea of safety, I think Iā€™m happy to wait šŸ˜

judge me?
Get to the town of bleeping,
turn right at the second roundabout and stop at piss off village šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
news report around teenagers getting the vaccine last night with one of those government adviser guys, and on it they said we need be sure there is a benefit to giving teenagers a vaccine we donā€™t yet know the full safety of in order to firstly keep them in in education and secondly hit that 80% herd immunity.

Iā€™m not a teenager but I kinda like the idea of safety, I think Iā€™m happy to wait šŸ˜
I read that last night too & feel even more confident with my decision not to get it!

if we look at chicken pox, people used to throw chicken pox parties to let their children get ill to build their immunity. Itā€™s found that aquiring chicken pox immunity naturally through exposure to the virus is more effective than having the vaccine and thatā€™s why the nhs donā€™t routinely offer it as a vaccine - only for clinically vulnerable. So at this stage we donā€™t know if itā€™s similar for covid, if clinically vulnerable - like in cases of chicken pox - a vaccine may be more suitable, but in a perfectly healthy individual thereā€™s simply not the evidence to suggest vaccine immunity is or will be greater than natural immunity.
955E40BC-9D9D-4819-9A1E-C23457488A17.png
102F1D72-AB52-4637-B6C9-977BA399FD0A.png
I

Reactions: 3

judge me,
Get to the town of bleeping, turn right at the second roundabout and stop at piss off village šŸ˜
This is enough for me and heā€™s not the only one against it
B690FF3F-CB64-4806-BFC1-9DE909E2E465.jpeg

So now itā€™s boosters in one arm and flu jab in the other on the same day. Doctor involved with the JCVI on LBC

ā€œand is that safe?ā€
ā€œas far as we knowā€

View attachment 642578
They are looking at mixing and matching jabs. Plan is to target ā€œthe over 70sā€. Where have we heard that beforeā€¦
I understand that the plan is to mirror the flu jab i.e. to offer it to all over-50s and those under that age with relevant health conditions.

I read that last night too & feel even more confident with my decision not to get it!

if we look at chicken pox, people used to throw chicken pox parties to let their children get ill to build their immunity. Itā€™s found that aquiring chicken pox immunity naturally through exposure to the virus is more effective than having the vaccine and thatā€™s why the nhs donā€™t routinely offer it as a vaccine - only for clinically vulnerable. So at this stage we donā€™t know if itā€™s similar for covid, if clinically vulnerable - like in cases of chicken pox - a vaccine may be more suitable, but in a perfectly healthy individual thereā€™s simply not the evidence to suggest vaccine immunity is or will be greater than natural immunity. View attachment 642783View attachment 642784I
Heā€™s getting torn to pieces on Twatter over that statement, people even saying itā€™s immoral to let kids build their own immunity šŸ˜‚ How do they think the world evolved for centuries long before vaccines were even thought of.

I understand that the plan is to mirror the flu jab i.e. to offer it to all over-50s and those under that age with relevant health conditions.
To begin with!
3CAC300D-BCC9-40E6-BED4-9D6E3A41231A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I feel if people get this vaccine because they feel its the only way to get back to normality and I've read some posts on here that say that, it doesn't work like that. They take more next time. You don't do what someone says to get back what you had before. You give nothing. Be strong is my message to those who feel forced. Anyone trying to force you to do something against your will is a bad person and will take all you have. All this will pass and be a distant memory but a vaccine you don't want /need /may be harmful could damage you for ever. You aren't alone. There are many people who won't have it but you will probably only ever hear them on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel if people get this vaccine because they feel its the only way to get back to normality and I've read some posts on here that say that, it doesn't work like that. They take more next time. You don't do what someone says to get back what you had before. You give nothing. Be strong is my message to those who feel forced. Anyone trying to force you to do something against your will is a bad person and will take all you have. All this will pass and be a distant memory but a vaccine you don't want /need /may be harmful could damage you for ever. You aren't alone. There are many people who won't have it but you will probably only ever hear them on here.
So much this. One thing I've found really distasteful throughout this whole vaccine debacle is how people are more than happy to be extremely aggressive to you if you don't want the vaccine, using the line of "you are selfish, help the vulnerable, don't you care that people are dying, you will die if you don't have it!" despite the fact they will admit themselves they are having it to "get their lives back" and that they aren't worried about the virus, they just want holidays, coffee shops, events etc. That is absolutely fine if you want to do that, but don't spin me this emotional blackmail bullshit when you couldn't give a tit about the vulnerable or your own health, you just want me to have it so you can have your recreational activities back. I'd respect people more if they were honest about the fact. I say to everybody who thinks it's ok to be coerced into having a vaccine they don't feel they need, for their "lives back", what's next? Forced birth control etc? It won't end. It's like someone stealing your possession then dictating to you what you need to give them, to get back what was already yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.