Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm too scared to have vaccine I'm in my late twenties no health conditions but my family are fuming with me for resisting, anyone had Pfizer jab an been fine? šŸ˜­
Im 28 and my family have been the same, but it is my body and my choice, not theirs. I donā€™t stick my nose in matters to do with anyone elseā€™s health, so they donā€™t get to do it to me. If your family love you, they will accept your choices even if they donā€™t agree with them. Thatā€™s how being an adult works unfortunately. If you choose to have the vaccine, that is completely your decision, but donā€™t let yourself be bullied into it because it will just create resentment down the line.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm too scared to have vaccine I'm in my late twenties no health conditions but my family are fuming with me for resisting, anyone had Pfizer jab an been fine? šŸ˜­
I'm late 20s, pfizer and had next to no side effects apart from a sore arm and a bit of a sore neck for a couple of days after it. But don't let anyone pressure you into something you don't want to do.

Reactions: 1
So my family have said they think I'm stupid and i am irresponsible an if I get it I will make my kids ill or they be without a mother so I feel like I can't win
I could catch it bad and be ill or could die from vaccine or have something bad happen all stressing me out now I have health anxiety so it's a struggle šŸ˜Ÿ

• Sad
Reactions: 4
So my family have said they think I'm stupid and i am irresponsible an if I get it I will make my kids ill or they be without a mother so I feel like I can't win
I could catch it bad and be ill or could die from vaccine or have something bad happen all stressing me out now I have health anxiety so it's a struggle šŸ˜Ÿ
Taking out all your families opinions, what do you want to do and what makes you feel safer? Go for that option. You donā€™t have to tell your family you got it or anyone else that you did or didnā€™t get it. Itā€™s your body and your choice! There is no right or wrong

Reactions: 8
Its a really difficult decision and I have anxiety too so I can completely understand that. Ultimately though, it is your choice what you do so although itā€™s hard, try to take what your family say out of the equation. Bullying tactics do not make for a well thought out decision making process. If my family spoke like that (which they have at times) I simply refuse to talk about the subject any further. If they have an issue with that, thats their issue to deal with, not mine.

There is not 100% right or wrong, everything in life has positives and negatives, you just have to pick which seems more positive/less negative to you.

• Heart
This mustā€™ve been the cheaper option
312372E0-FA31-4DCE-A6ED-D58618474B02.jpeg

Babies next on the agenda šŸ™

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I haven't read the whole thread but I would like to wait until the testing has been finished on these vaccinations because I hear of sooo many bad side effects and some have been serious

Reactions: 6
Tell them to keep their noses out you have health anxiety and they are making it worse. Dont make any decisions until you are ready. People are out of order its not mandatory. Good luck i hope you come to a decision that suits you and you only x

Based on these stats I wouldnā€™t be rushing to give my child a potentially fatal heart condition

Reactions: 8
Based on these stats I wouldnā€™t be rushing to give my child a potentially fatal heart condition
Doesn't your post like 3 up from this one criticise the government for not vaccinating children as it ā€œmustā€™ve been cheaperā€?

Reactions: 2
Itā€™s interesting in the UK they tell us the young arenā€™t at risk of covid but in the US they want to vaccinate them, why vaccinate them if they arenā€™t a risk šŸ¤”

Reactions: 5
I have a friend who lost a son to myocarditis about 5 years ago (from a virus) and she shared this recently because people were asking why she let her other sons get vaccinated with the risk.

ā€œContracting myocarditis after getting the vaccine is a real, but vanishingly rare event. Dying from COVID-19, no matter how much you believe it wonā€™t harm you, is 1000X more risky.ā€

Doesn't your post like 3 up from this one criticise the government for not vaccinating children as it ā€œmustā€™ve been cheaperā€?
Not criticism just observation!

I have a friend who lost a son to myocarditis about 5 years ago (from a virus) and she shared this recently because people were asking why she let her other sons get vaccinated with the risk.

ā€œContracting myocarditis after getting the vaccine is a real, but vanishingly rare event. Dying from COVID-19, no matter how much you believe it wonā€™t harm you, is 1000X more risky.ā€

How many kids have died with it? Even the medical profession admit itā€™s very rare in kids, even the multi inflammatory syndrome.

While some people may be comforted with that helpful information, others may be more alarmed at the risk of the effects of the vaccine and thatā€™s perfectly ok to feel that way especially seeing were equally told ā€œCovid is not a risk in young people.ā€ Itā€™s ok whatever parents decide is best for their children. Either way is a risk.

ETA Iā€™m not accusing you of saying otherwise please donā€™t feel you need to defend yourself Iā€™m not saying this to have a go, Iā€™m just stating my opinion.

Last edited:
While some people may be comforted with that helpful information, others may be more alarmed at the risk of the effects of the vaccine and thatā€™s perfectly ok to feel that way especially seeing were equally told ā€œCovid is not a risk in young people.ā€ Itā€™s ok whatever parents decide is best for their children. Either way is a risk a
Of course, never said it wasnā€™t.

Not criticism just observation!

How many kids have died with it? Even the medical profession admit itā€™s very rare in kids, even the multi inflammatory syndrome.
I have no idea, Iā€™m struggling to find any data on that. šŸ¤”

ā€œIn terms of outcomes, the vaccine-linked myocarditis cases have generally fared well. Studies of cases that required hospitalization showed vaccinated individuals spent less time in the hospital than typical myocarditis patientsā€”three or four days, rather than six. These myocarditis patients also tended to only need minimal treatment. In a look at outcomes of 323 confirmed myocarditis or pericarditis cases in people ages 29 and younger, 309 were hospitalized, but 295 were discharged. Of those 295, 218 were known to have recovered. Only nine were known to still be in the hospital, with two in the intensive care unit. Fourteen of the 323 were not hospitalized.ā€

I donā€™t think this is up to date though.

Of course, never said it wasnā€™t.

I have no idea, Iā€™m struggling to find any data on that. šŸ¤”

ā€œIn terms of outcomes, the vaccine-linked myocarditis cases have generally fared well. Studies of cases that required hospitalization showed vaccinated individuals spent less time in the hospital than typical myocarditis patientsā€”three or four days, rather than six. These myocarditis patients also tended to only need minimal treatment. In a look at outcomes of 323 confirmed myocarditis or pericarditis cases in people ages 29 and younger, 309 were hospitalized, but 295 were discharged. Of those 295, 218 were known to have recovered. Only nine were known to still be in the hospital, with two in the intensive care unit. Fourteen of the 323 were not hospitalized.ā€

I donā€™t think this is up to date though.
PIMS very rare syndrome https://www.porterhousemedical.com/...-this-rare-post-covid-19-illness-in-children/

Good point šŸ§
63634898-2DDE-4ACB-9CDA-BF22D64BBF73.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I was totally fine, I am early 30s, bit of a sore arm like with any other vaccines I have had but absolutely nothing else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.