Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always been pushing for the vaccine. But in the last month I have been diagnosed with ME and arthritis (along with several other conditions) and have just found out I’m pregnant (was told I couldn’t have kids and so have high risk of miscarriage)

I have never wanted anything as much as to be a mum. I have read up and new data suggests there would be no risk to my baby, and I get that. But I’m scared to get it now. I’m not looking to debate my thoughts but if anyone has any input, I’d love to hear it to consider my next steps.
I would get some medical advice for your GP/midwife not from an Internet forum

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve always been pushing for the vaccine. But in the last month I have been diagnosed with ME and arthritis (along with several other conditions) and have just found out I’m pregnant (was told I couldn’t have kids and so have high risk of miscarriage)

I have never wanted anything as much as to be a mum. I have read up and new data suggests there would be no risk to my baby, and I get that. But I’m scared to get it now. I’m not looking to debate my thoughts but if anyone has any input, I’d love to hear it to consider my next steps.
I'm also pregnant (37 weeks) and it was the fact they did such a quick U-turn from pregnant woman shouldn't have it, to 2 or so weeks later saying it was perfectly safe that scared me. How can they know in such little time?
The fact you have underlying health conditions makes it a trickier decision for you though, so I feel for you!

Reactions: 5

Congratulations! I think there was a pregnancy/covid thread bubbling around somewhere but I can't seem to find it. It's honestly up to you and how you feel. No one (I hope) will judge you for not getting it and it doesn't mean you can't have it later on if you decide to.

ETA: I found the thread pregnancy and the vaccine

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I would get some medical advice for your GP/midwife not from an Internet forum
I would trust real life people and experiences rather than a GP. Sorry now and kill me if ye wish but it's GP's who I hold mostly responsible for this tit show ...who do people trust the most ? Their GP.
and I applaud the ones who stuck their heads above the parapet and said 'No' to administering the jab 👏

In my opinion ? And this is what kept me focused through all of this....I would not take a drug that I don't know enough about....it is permanent/irreversible and there will be nobody there to pick up the pieces when you may or may not get a medical fallout from it and I am not prepared to take that chance.

That is my own personal stance on it and I dont ever try to change anyone's mind . Their own business.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
“If the trainer is medically vulnerable they should be sacked unless they’re willing to risk their life” is not the brilliant argument that you think it is.

OP could simply just go to a different provider if they have an issue with the rules. Why impose themselves on someone that isn’t comfortable with them being there? Weird behaviour.
If they’re CEV they’d be advised not to do that type of work,shielding may have ended but the advice remains the same , limit face to face contacts, shop at a quiet time, keep a safe distance from others work from home where possible unless your workplace is covid secure and always follow the hygiene measures to keep yourself safe.

Asymtomatic infections are also being picked up in fully vaccinated people
182E5404-39A2-4D10-A574-A4865AB0DE22.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I would trust real life people and experiences rather than a GP. Sorry now and kill me if ye wish but it's GP's who I hold mostly responsible for this tit show ...who do people trust the most ? Their GP.
and I applaud the ones who stuck their heads above the parapet and said 'No' to administering the jab 👏

In my opinion ? And this is what kept me focused through all of this....I would not take a drug that I don't know enough about....it is permanent/irreversible and there will be nobody there to pick up the pieces when you may or may not get a medical fallout from it and I am not prepared to take that chance.

That is my own personal stance on it and I dont ever try to change anyone's mind . Their own business.
That's what I thought. She's maybe been to her gp and they've give her the hard sell 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
You never said what exactly? You said you wouldn’t have a problem and that you’d email back saying they’re not able to get it. See below -
At what point there am I suggesting they divulge any personal information whatsoever? Oh yeah, I’m not. Im suggesting they say “no”. Please read properly.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
At what point there am I suggesting they divulge any personal information whatsoever? Oh yeah, I’m not. Im suggesting they say “no”. Please read properly.
It’s personal, sensitive information to disclose whether or not you’re a good candidate for vaccination or indeed any medicine or health procedure.

If you don’t want to admit you got your wires crossed that’s absolutely fine it’s not that deep.

Reactions: 3
It’s personal, sensitive information to disclose whether or not you’re a good candidate for vaccination or indeed any medicine or health procedure.

If you don’t want to admit you got your wires crossed that’s absolutely fine it’s not that deep.
“No” doesn’t disclose any personal, sensitive information about whether you are a candidate for anything. Absolutely none whatsoever. “No” includes “no I haven’t yet” and also “no I don’t want to”.

PSA if someone voluntarily tells you they’ve not had the vaccine, it doesn’t mean they are disclosing any medical conditions preventing them from getting it. It literally just means they have not been injected with the vaccine.

It’s not that deep.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This is why people should do their own research and look beyond the government spin, always keep yourself safe , don’t depend on a stranger to do that for you.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
“No” doesn’t disclose any personal, sensitive information about whether you are a candidate for anything. Absolutely none whatsoever. “No” includes “no I haven’t yet” and also “no I don’t want to”.

PSA if someone voluntarily tells you they’ve not had the vaccine, it doesn’t mean they are disclosing any medical conditions preventing them from getting it. It literally just means they have not been injected with the vaccine.

It’s not that deep.
The question is inappropriate by the way in which it is asked and the communication method used to capture the answer. It should only be asked appropriately where it can be contained confidentially and securely and easily accessed only by those who require to know the detail. Saying no or yes answers a confidential question which relates to the persons health.

This. And there will never be a balanced conversation with most if not all GPs, it’s simply vax or you are stupid. Same with pretty much any medication they push tbh.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.