Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think we should be dependent on a vaccine as a way of running society.
Thanks for answering my question. Could you clarify what you mean by 'a way of running society'? I assume that you are in favour of the vaccine programme itself but you seem to be concerned about the prospect of boosters. I guess you are also not in favour of vaccination being used as a 'gateway' to access services etc. i.e. 'vaccine passports'.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for answering my question. Could you clarify what you mean by 'a way of running society'? I assume that you are in favour of the vaccine programme itself but you seem to be concerned about the prospect of boosters. I guess you are also not in favour of vaccination being used as a 'gateway' to access services etc. i.e. 'vaccine passports'.
I think those that want to avail of the vaccines do so, but those that don’t shouldn’t be penalised. I’m also not in favour of the endless ads and posters ,if people want it they know where to get it by now . I don’t like the fact there’s posters guilting people into having it I’d hate to think if I died with covid and my kids felt vaccines weren’t for them they’d always be wondering ‘what if ‘if there’s posters everywhere stating they could’ve saved me…When we know it’s the virus is the killer not people.

Reactions: 13
I think those that want to avail of the vaccines do so, but those that don’t shouldn’t be penalised. I’m also not in favour of the endless ads and posters ,if people want it they know where to get it by now . I don’t like the fact there’s posters guilting people into having it I’d hate to think if I died with covid and my kids felt vaccines weren’t for them they’d always be wondering ‘what if ‘if there’s posters everywhere stating they could’ve saved me…When we know it’s the virus is the killer not people.
Again thanks for answering. You won't be surprised that I don't agree with everything you're saying but it is helpful to know where you are coming from.

Reactions: 6
Through all of the campaigns, adverts, bribery, scare tactics to coerce those who choose not to have this vaccine, its actually made me question how necessary other medical procedures are given how all this has played out. In other words I'm going to be far less likely to trust or visit the dr now if the need arises.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Through all of the campaigns, adverts, bribery, scare tactics to coerce those who choose not to have this vaccine, its actually made me question how necessary other medical procedures are given how all this has played out. In other words I'm going to be far less likely to trust or visit the dr now if the need arises.
Medical coercion is very common particularly in pregnant women surrounding the planning and labour of birth! Options are presented as the thing to do instead of a choice and many people don’t question things they do as they’re told but when you do research it’s very clear how many women have been failed by the system and have birth trauma as a result. I’m sure it happens to men too and indeed children in other areas of medicine.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm too scared to have vaccine I'm in my late twenties no health conditions but my family are fuming with me for resisting, anyone had Pfizer jab an been fine? 😭

Reactions: 4
I'm too scared to have vaccine I'm in my late twenties no health conditions but my family are fuming with me for resisting, anyone had Pfizer jab an been fine? 😭
Im late 20s and decided not to have the vaccine either as I also have no health conditions and I look after my health so for me personally I’m more afraid of the unknown risks of the vaccine than I am of my body’s ability to fight covid. I follow all other health guidance to keep others and myself safe such as wearing a face covering and social distancing and washing hands frequently.

There are millions of people across the world who have had the Pfizer vaccine and been absolutely fine, as well as all vaccines on offer. Most people respond well to vaccination with minimal side effects such as a sore arm or feeling flu type illness for a couple of days. There are also a small group of people who don’t respond well to the vaccine and these reports include things like heart inflammation and blood clots - these cases aren’t common but they have been reported when using some vaccines and in even smaller numbers have had significant adverse reactions which have included deaths according to the office of national statistics, these numbers are tiny so it is unlikely to happen to most people.

Make your own informed choice instead of feeling coerced by your family or anyone else you feel pressure from. There’s no right or wrong thing to do, do what makes you feel most comfortable, and safe!

some people prefer to be vaccinated as they’ll feel protected from this virus, others will feel getting the vaccine gives them anxiety as they worry more about the side effects of it than the side effects of the virus itself. I think it’s a very individual thing as no two peoples lives and health status are exactly the same so what works for one person may not work for another.

get your info from reliable sources when you’re making your decision so avoid documentaries that aren’t credible but instead focus on facts from reputable organisations instead of individuals who may have agendas for one way or the other. The world health organisation, NHS, British medical journal and office of national statistics should have data to help get you started and help you make your decision. All the best with whatever you decide.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Many people have had the Pfizer vaccine and been fine, including at least 20 I know, but it's your decision and not your family's. There's really very little to be scared of, according to all the reliable reports. However it's your body and your choice!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have. I'm a 32 year old male. Why are you scared? What is your health like in general?

Reactions: 1
I'm glad I missed the Wimbledon opening day. Apparently there was a round of applause for the health proffesionals, who created the Astra-Zeneca vaccine.
Don't get me wrong, I am full of admiration for the NHS, but the creation of this highly questionable vaccine, is nothing to celebrate.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Need to vent!! Living in Ireland and this tit is really after pissing me off 😡😡😡
Nphet stands for the national public health emergency team and they are basically running the country 😡😡😡
Fully vaccinated with the AZ ,even the young people ...Mehole loves the idea of vaccine passports has done for ages.

My father in law is 82 before this tit show he was remarkable for his age. Really sharp minded, are healthily, was out and about frequently his sons in their fifties admired his health and well being they didn’t have any health worries for him. He had had a heart attack in his fifties got a by pass and never looked back. He was unfortunately afraid by all the overwhelming media reports, his son who lives with him cane down on him hard insisting he self isolated etc etc
Fast forward 18 months, he is in a terrible state, he took a flu jab then the 2 covid jabs and 4 days later took a heart attack he was incredibly lucky to get to hospital in time for life saving treatment. He was allowed one visitor for one hour a week 🤦🏻‍♀️ He has aged 25 years in no time at all. He confided in me yesterday that he sorely regretted not just going about his day to day routine taking precautions and that if he had his time over again he would refuse the vaccine. He is so down and depressed I have never in 34 years of knowing him seen him so bad. Heartbreaking and it seems for talking to elderly relatives there are many more like him

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Absolutely fine here! Mid 30s, in v.good health. Had a dead arm for a day and that was it!

Reactions: 1
I will start by declaring I am pro vaccine.

When this pandemic started and they were working on a vaccine, I didn’t think I would have it.
My reasons? A friend of a friend in her 20s had the swine flu vaccine years ago. They ended up with narcolepsy. Obviously they could no longer work or drive. Eventually they committed suicide because they had no quality of life.
I was concerned that this, or something similar, could happen again with this vaccine.

However, after weighing up the pro’s and cons, I have had my vaccine. I saw what Covid did to people and that if we didn’t vaccinate that it could go on and on.
I am in my 50s and decided it was a risk I was willing to take with regards to the possible long term side effects.
My children are in their 20s. I have not pushed my views on them, it is their bodies, their lives so they must make that decision for themselves. One has had theirs, the other is having theirs this week. Their choice.

I think it is wrong of your family to be angry with you.
I do wonder if it’s an age thing.
Had I been in my 20s I may well not have been vaccinated because I’d have my whole life ahead of me. A big part of me wishes my children didn’t have it in case there are long term effects but it wasn’t my decision to make.

You do you. Don’t let your family talk you into something if you’re not comfortable.

as for your question - I had Pfizer and I am completely fine. Sore arm after the first one and again with the second. Did have some mild flu symptoms with the second but nothing remarkable.

I know it’s everyone’s choice, but my heart sank when two out of my three adult sons took the vaccine
In their words “to get away on holiday “
Only time will tell where this will all wind up

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.