Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #3 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't believe that people will have the option to refuse the 3rd and subsequent shots. I believe that these will then have the same status as the currently unjabbed ie no green tick so no entry allowed 😉 scary and I worry about the future for me and my kids although they are completely oblivious .
I was thinking the same thing.
As it stands 2 vaccines means fully vaccinated, and you'll be allowed to do anything you want with no questions or restrictions.
So let's say that in September you don't want the booster, does that now mean you're only 2/3 jabbed and are put in the same dirty selfish box as the unvaccinated, so lose privileges?
Then what about next year when there's another booster.. if you refuse that are you now only 1/2 vaccinated, or back to unvaccinated?

If you don't lose privileges then what's the point in the booster?
If you don't lose privileges then thats not fair on anyone unvaccinated, or single vaccinated.
If you do lose privileges then thats half a population not contributing to society and boosting the economy as they won't be allowed to do anything under domestic passport rules.

Has anyone in, or surrounding number 10 with a fraction of a brain cell even thought this through?.... that one's a rhetorical question!

This gets better by the day.

Be a legal resident and pay into society, but don't take the jab and lose your job and basic freedoms.

Come here illegally, take the jab and we'll just ignore that fact.
Never mind by finding these people more crime like slavery and corruption could be stopped, therefore actually protecting them

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Anyone out there really worried about their risk of dying from covid or being hospitalised from covid or even just interested to learn there’s an Oxford uni calculator! Here’s my

chances of dying from covid
0.0004%1 in 250000
Chances of being hospitalised
0.0201%1 in 4975

Reactions: 9
Ireland will begin the kiddie vaccination programme in two weeks I’m dying to know what info they have regarding benefit/risk

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I've had my two jabs and so has my whole family. To be honest I'm quite annoyed at people who refuse the jab because of non-medical reasons, and reading these threads is frustrating to me... Obvi I wont argue with anybody on here but according to science or whatever we need what, 85% of people vaxxed to reach herd immunity but vaccinations are tapering off at 60-70% and cases are going up.. I just don't see why you would refuse to get it and deprive everybody else of their herd immunity as well...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I've had my two jabs and so has my whole family. To be honest I'm quite annoyed at people who refuse the jab because of non-medical reasons, and reading these threads is frustrating to me... Obvi I wont argue with anybody on here but according to science or whatever we need what, 85% of people vaxxed to reach herd immunity but vaccinations are tapering off at 60-70% and cases are going up.. I just don't see why you would refuse to get it and deprive everybody else of their herd immunity as well...
Herd immunity isn’t only based on vaccines, you can gain immunity from having natural exposure to the infection. 9 in 10 adults in the U.K. have antibodies so this shows many of the population have been exposed to the virus whether through natural exposure or through vaccination. It shouldn’t annoy you what someone else’s chooses to do which is best for them in their circumstances I’m sure no one is annoyed at you for choosing to vaccinate yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Anyone out there really worried about their risk of dying from covid or being hospitalised from covid or even just interested to learn there’s an Oxford uni calculator! Here’s my

chances of dying from covid
0.0004%1 in 250000
Chances of being hospitalised
0.0201%1 in 4975

Damnit mines higher than yours and I wanna know why 😂 My risk of death is 0.0006% 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is herd immunity achievable with this virus ?

Reactions: 4
Is herd immunity achievable with this virus ?
I mean at this point we don't know, I'm just saying that the figure i've heard most often is 85% vaccination rate should be able to stop the spread but nowhere has reached that level yet so who knows.
It's pretty obvious though that high vaccination rates are slowing the spread, and I think I would be less annoyed by people not getting vaxxed if people were at least adhering to social distancing etc like they did at the beginning of the pandemic...

Reactions: 2
I mean at this point we don't know, I'm just saying that the figure i've heard most often is 85% vaccination rate should be able to stop the spread but nowhere has reached that level yet so who knows.
It's pretty obvious though that high vaccination rates are slowing the spread, and I think I would be less annoyed by people not getting vaxxed if people were at least adhering to social distancing etc like they did at the beginning of the pandemic...
Everyone needs to adhere to them for it to work though. Many people who have got the vaccines think it’s some sort of super sonic cloak that means they don’t need to mask or wash hands or keep distance etc, either way I don’t get annoyed by anyone it’s been a tough 18 months for everyone people have to do what they’re most comfortable with and so long as I know as an individual I’m taking precautions I feel necessary then that’s all that matters to me.

Damnit mines higher than yours and I wanna know why 😂 My risk of death is 0.0006% 👀
Low enough for me🤣🤣 maybe age?? I’m quite young 😇

Reactions: 5
Given immunity is short lived( Brazil and India are on the rise again) I'd doubt it .I think people will have to manage their own risk we can't relay on others for that.

The unvaccinated in America are getting hit hard

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Why does it annoy you?
The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching or spreading COVID. People I know personally who are double vaccinated have had COVID in varying levels of severity, one is still in hospital.

I haven’t been vaccinated but I’ve tested positive for antibodies which before COVID and SAGE was one of the ways for a population to achieve herd immunity, now we can only achieve that by fully vaccinating the entire population. To give an example, my mum has natural TB antibodies so she has never had a BCG where I have be I have no antibodies. If someone has COVID antibodies why is it that we now need to be vaccinated.

Whats to say that in a few years time people start to have reactions to the vaccine, most who have had it might be fine now but we are all just one big clinical study till 2023.

According to WHO, there are hundreds of variations of COVID across the world.
That means the virus has the capacity to evolve as some viruses do, how many vaccines are we going to need to get rid of a virus that has the ability to mutate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Hello all, first time posting on this thread, I joined quite recently Tattle.

I've had Covid quite badly, in March 2020, first wave, before masks and lockdowns. I've had long covid and well, I still have some symptoms. I was young/healthy before this and sadly I know a lot of cases of long covid like that. At the moment, I still have things like chronic chest pain and food intolerances. Weird fatigue. Not fun.

Now, this jab doesn't prevent long covid. We have zero (zero) data on that. The trials didn't include neither how the jab affects people with long covid.

On the top of that, now it seems that we are pushing vaccine passports for a vaccine that doesn't prevent the spread neither.

The UK is the biggest example ever. And no, you can't blame only the unvaccinated for the 200k cases we had last week. I mean...

I am unvaccinated and cautious as I don't want to catch it again. But double jabbed people that think that the pandemic ended with the vaccine? I know quite a few.

I had Covid badly and I don't support this vaccine because it doesn't fit its purpose. Yes, it helps to reduce hospitalizations, but chances of being hospitalized as a 20 or 30 something years old were already low.

If this vaccine doesn't prevent the lingering fatigue of long covid (that let me tell you, it's no joke, I was bed bound) and it doesn't prevent the spread, what the F are we doing as a society?

This vaccine is perfect for people from the 60+ years old demographic. That's it.

We are allowing vaccinated folks to think they don't spread the virus and that they're not at risk when in reality they're spreading it and some of them are at the hospital already. What?

Sorry dear government, I need to see the evidence of how this jab isn't going to duck my already fucked immune system. The ONLY doctor (private, NHS hasn't helped at all) that helped me to recover from Long Covid, recommended me NOT to have it.
She's seen severe bad reactions from long covid patients. In general, people that already had Covid, shouldn't have 2 jabs at all: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n308

It seems that there's a pattern of people that had Covid and got bad reactions from the vaccine later. Who's researching or pointing that out in the media? Nobody. Scary times.

Don't let me start about the changes on periods after the jab!

I just don't know when we woke up into this dystopian nightmare where people are going to get vaccinated in exchange for a burger so they can go to the club. Freacking hell.

That being said, I respect people making their own mind and having all the vaccinations and boosters as they wish. What I don't support is a fascist worldwide regime that asks you your medical data so you can go to a Museum. Wow.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I do understand. I can appreciate how frustrating it must be. Everyone will have different reasons, for me it’s the absolute fear of side effects. I’m just as scared of catching covid again. I’m not taking any of this lightly or being flippant about it. I’m really terrified of being one of the people that has an adverse reaction. I know that not everyone will understand that and that’s ok but just know that it’s not just some of us not caring. We’ve lived under this threat to our health for 18 months and some of us are just scared every which way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well I'm not masking, not distancing, not vaccined, not sorry 😂 (y)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What gets me is no one seems to give a tit about people who neglect all other preventative health advice so why do people think they have the right to be so openly judgemental! Do we judge people on whether or not they attend screening appointments for cancers? Do we judge people on whether they eat a healthy balanced diet? Do we talk about incentivising people with McDonald’s, kebabs, taxis, supermarket vouchers etc to breastfeed? Tell people who smoke or drink excessively that well give them coupons if they stop? I’ve never seen anyone kick off about the morbidly obese contributing to the strain on the nhs taking up beds and clogging waiting lists!

no we don’t, because it’s unethical. It’s not ok to dictate to people how they must live their lives and discuss how annoying they are for not doing what someone else thinks they should do. Educate people and let them make their own minds up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi

You probably won't remember my story so background info.
Refused the jab on medical grounds, bad reactions to meds, allergies etc
Also i have a hormonal issue so was worried about all the stories re period changes as my thoughts were, if it effects periods it effects hormones and THAT literally could tip me into a bad bad place

Anyway. Last Friday i got my first jab, Pfizer. I got it for all the wrong reasons and i am annoyed at myself for giving in.
Never mind, the next 24hrs i spent on edge waiting for all the side effects you expect. I got none. No sore arm, no headache, zilch.

BUT. My hormones have gone completely batshit crazy. I'm guessing if i still had periods (hysterectomy due to mentioned hormone issue) that they would be affected.

I can't get my mood stabilised, my mood swings are horrific, I've had 2 panic attacks MAJOR panic attacks in 3 days, and I'm tipping over into depression

Now obviously i can't say for definite that this is vax related.
But i also can't confidently say its not.

I guess what I'm wanting to say is. If you have doubts. Listen to them. Listen to your gut.
You can always get it at a later stage, but this decision is a big one and should be thought through fully.

That was a huge long word fart. Sorry. I just needed to share it somewhere

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Someone I know got vaccinated to be able to go on holiday. They were meant to fly out today.
2 days ago they tested positive without any symptoms, today they woke up unwell. Their friend who is unvaccinated is now sunning it up on holiday whilst the vaccinated is at home unwell.

I’ve been so stressed about being unvaccinated and having the prejudice of everyone around me that this really made me laugh a little today.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi

You probably won't remember my story so background info.
Refused the jab on medical grounds, bad reactions to meds, allergies etc
Also i have a hormonal issue so was worried about all the stories re period changes as my thoughts were, if it effects periods it effects hormones and THAT literally could tip me into a bad bad place

Anyway. Last Friday i got my first jab, Pfizer. I got it for all the wrong reasons and i am annoyed at myself for giving in.
Never mind, the next 24hrs i spent on edge waiting for all the side effects you expect. I got none. No sore arm, no headache, zilch.

BUT. My hormones have gone completely batshit crazy. I'm guessing if i still had periods (hysterectomy due to mentioned hormone issue) that they would be affected.

I can't get my mood stabilised, my mood swings are horrific, I've had 2 panic attacks MAJOR panic attacks in 3 days, and I'm tipping over into depression

Now obviously i can't say for definite that this is vax related.
But i also can't confidently say its not.

I guess what I'm wanting to say is. If you have doubts. Listen to them. Listen to your gut.
You can always get it at a later stage, but this decision is a big one and should be thought through fully.

That was a huge long word fart. Sorry. I just needed to share it somewhere
I’m so sorry that you’re feeling this way, I so understand the anxiety and wish I could give you a hug. Please do everything you can to reduce the stress on your body and to try to stay calm and relaxed. Easier said than done I know. Lots of love xx

• Heart
Hello all, first time posting on this thread, I joined quite recently Tattle.

I've had Covid quite badly, in March 2020, first wave, before masks and lockdowns. I've had long covid and well, I still have some symptoms. I was young/healthy before this and sadly I know a lot of cases of long covid like that. At the moment, I still have things like chronic chest pain and food intolerances. Weird fatigue. Not fun.

Now, this jab doesn't prevent long covid. We have zero (zero) data on that. The trials didn't include neither how the jab affects people with long covid.

On the top of that, now it seems that we are pushing vaccine passports for a vaccine that doesn't prevent the spread neither.

The UK is the biggest example ever. And no, you can't blame only the unvaccinated for the 200k cases we had last week. I mean...

I am unvaccinated and cautious as I don't want to catch it again. But double jabbed people that think that the pandemic ended with the vaccine? I know quite a few.

I had Covid badly and I don't support this vaccine because it doesn't fit its purpose. Yes, it helps to reduce hospitalizations, but chances of being hospitalized as a 20 or 30 something years old were already low.

If this vaccine doesn't prevent the lingering fatigue of long covid (that let me tell you, it's no joke, I was bed bound) and it doesn't prevent the spread, what the F are we doing as a society?

This vaccine is perfect for people from the 60+ years old demographic. That's it.

We are allowing vaccinated folks to think they don't spread the virus and that they're not at risk when in reality they're spreading it and some of them are at the hospital already. What?

Sorry dear government, I need to see the evidence of how this jab isn't going to duck my already fucked immune system. The ONLY doctor (private, NHS hasn't helped at all) that helped me to recover from Long Covid, recommended me NOT to have it.
She's seen severe bad reactions from long covid patients. In general, people that already had Covid, shouldn't have 2 jabs at all: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n308

It seems that there's a pattern of people that had Covid and got bad reactions from the vaccine later. Who's researching or pointing that out in the media? Nobody. Scary times.

Don't let me start about the changes on periods after the jab!

I just don't know when we woke up into this dystopian nightmare where people are going to get vaccinated in exchange for a burger so they can go to the club. Freacking hell.

That being said, I respect people making their own mind and having all the vaccinations and boosters as they wish. What I don't support is a fascist worldwide regime that asks you your medical data so you can go to a Museum. Wow.

SAGE announced on Saturday the results of a UK wide study showing that those who are doubled vaccinated were 50% less likely to suffer with long covid. There is such a strong link between long covid suffers finding that their symptoms were eased following vaccination that a trial is just about to get underway to give those with long covid symptoms 2 extra doses to study any improvements that they may have.

There is nothing in that study that you quoted that says "people shouldn't have 2 jabs at all" it says that one would produce the necessary antibody response, 2 will mean that they are more susceptible to short term side effects such as headaches and fatigue, due to the higher antibody response that they will produce. That is a short term effect that is well documented.

I’ll be interested to see the uptake for third jabs as I know a few people now saying they won’t take a third. I think the uptake will still be very high but not as high as for the first 2. What happens for people who did have a bad reaction to the first or second?
I’m in that camp. Had both vaccines (Oxford AZ) it has been reported the booster will be Pfizer. This tells me AZ didn’t give me as much ‘cover’ as it could have. I’m not agreeing to a booster a few months after my second vaccine. No way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.