Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #3 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was angry too. Not on is it.

I’m doing ok, how are you?

I’ve been doing some thinking. Does anyone know someone who’s had covid mildly? The reason I ask is back in late March my son went on a bike ride and for a few days after he had a cough and felt very short of breath. He kept saying it was just from his bike ride and maybe his asthma, he hadn’t had asthma issues since he was little. After it passed he admitted it worried him as he felt short of breath for a few days, and didn’t feel right. He didn’t have a true cough but more he felt he had stuff in his throat occasionally so he had to clear his throat and he felt short of breath. It wasn’t a proper cough. He assumed he went too far on his bike. We didn’t test him as he played it down as maybe too much exercise affected his chest.

A week later out of the blue I started with a very sore throat, my gland were up, I felt sickly, and I had a very thick gooey thick throat. No cold but it felt like the back of my throat and nose felt thick and I had to keep clearing it with a throat scratching/ clearing noise, not so much a cough if you get me. My throat felt rough like sand was at the back of my throat, my typical I’ve got a virus feeling I get. I always get a dusty throat feeling when I’m ill. I didn’t have a fever. So unlike me as I very rarely get a bad throat and I’ve been housebound for a few years due to my health. No one at home had a sore throat or cold so I was puzzled how I’d caught it. We rarely went out back then due to lockdown, my son had been to the doctors around that time but other than that my family only went out for dog walks or exercise. I was baffled how I could be ill as I don’t get out and my family hadn’t been ill to pass it onto me.

It’s only now I look back and wonder was it my son who was ill and did he pass something onto me despite him not having a sore throat he still had shortness of breath. He’s 19. I spoke to my son and he said he now wonders if he had covid mildly but he at the time was only going out for exercise due to lockdown, didn’t mix with anyone and the only place had had been was for a doctors appointment masked up and it was all very safe. It’s now making me wonder if that strange virus I had was what he had but with slightly different symptoms. I’ve since developed bumps on my toe nails near the nail bed on my big toes I’ve got a thick bump and I read about how nails change with covid, it’s made me wonder. I mean at 42 it’s unlikely I got away with a mild case of covid and maybe I picked up a random virus but it’s rare I start with anything unless my family have had it first. Maybe it wasn’t covid but it just had me wondering.
Yes I've known lots had those symptoms the BIL I mentioned earlier had a scratchy throat also his two daughters ( all tested pos ) but his wife and other 3 kids didn't catch it as their tests were neg .I've got 3 nails on my right hand with those lines I didn't know it was related to Covid until Tim Spector posted about it on ZOE I put it down to using hand sanitiser it would be great to know if we already had it .

I was angry too. Not on is it.

I’m doing ok, how are you?

I’ve been doing some thinking. Does anyone know someone who’s had covid mildly? The reason I ask is back in late March my son went on a bike ride and for a few days after he had a cough and felt very short of breath. He kept saying it was just from his bike ride and maybe his asthma, he hadn’t had asthma issues since he was little. After it passed he admitted it worried him as he felt short of breath for a few days, and didn’t feel right. He didn’t have a true cough but more he felt he had stuff in his throat occasionally so he had to clear his throat and he felt short of breath. It wasn’t a proper cough. He assumed he went too far on his bike. We didn’t test him as he played it down as maybe too much exercise affected his chest.

A week later out of the blue I started with a very sore throat, my gland were up, I felt sickly, and I had a very thick gooey thick throat. No cold but it felt like the back of my throat and nose felt thick and I had to keep clearing it with a throat scratching/ clearing noise, not so much a cough if you get me. My throat felt rough like sand was at the back of my throat, my typical I’ve got a virus feeling I get. I always get a dusty throat feeling when I’m ill. I didn’t have a fever. So unlike me as I very rarely get a bad throat and I’ve been housebound for a few years due to my health. No one at home had a sore throat or cold so I was puzzled how I’d caught it. We rarely went out back then due to lockdown, my son had been to the doctors around that time but other than that my family only went out for dog walks or exercise. I was baffled how I could be ill as I don’t get out and my family hadn’t been ill to pass it onto me.

It’s only now I look back and wonder was it my son who was ill and did he pass something onto me despite him not having a sore throat he still had shortness of breath. He’s 19. I spoke to my son and he said he now wonders if he had covid mildly but he at the time was only going out for exercise due to lockdown, didn’t mix with anyone and the only place had had been was for a doctors appointment masked up and it was all very safe. It’s now making me wonder if that strange virus I had was what he had but with slightly different symptoms. I’ve since developed bumps on my toe nails near the nail bed on my big toes I’ve got a thick bump and I read about how nails change with covid, it’s made me wonder. I mean at 42 it’s unlikely I got away with a mild case of covid and maybe I picked up a random virus but it’s rare I start with anything unless my family have had it first. Maybe it wasn’t covid but it just had me wondering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes I've known lots had those symptoms the BIL I mentioned earlier had a scratchy throat also his two daughters ( all tested pos ) but his wife and other 3 kids didn't catch it as their tests were neg .I've got 3 nails on my right hand with those lines I didn't know it was related to Covid until Tim Spector posted about it on ZOE I put it down to using hand sanitiser it would be great to know if we already had it .

Yes thats what I have. It’s just on my 2 big toes and a couple of smaller toes. It’s like a hill that goes 1/3 way up the nail then dips back down and has created a white line across the nail. It made me wonder too after I goggled it. I don’t have it on my finger nails.

I just remember thinking that virus was a mystery as no one else was ill in the house but then remembered my son had that tight chest for a few days and he now admits he thinks he had a virus of some sort but didn’t want to worry me at the time. No one else got it in the house only me, not even my asthmatic husband. So maybe it wasn’t covid as surely he would have caught it if it was what I had.

It’s annoying we don’t know.

Reactions: 5
Yes thats what I have. It’s just on my 2 big toes and a couple of smaller toes. It’s like a hill that goes 1/3 way up the nail then dips back down and has created a white line across the nail. It made me wonder too after I goggled it. I don’t have it on my finger nails.

I just remember thinking that virus was a mystery as no one else was ill in the house but then remembered my son had that tight chest for a few days and he now admits he thinks he has a virus of some sort but didn’t want to worry me at the time. No one else got it in the house only me, not even my asthmatic husband. So maybe it wasn’t covid as surely he would have caught it if it was what I had.

It’s annoying we don’t know.
It's really odd I wish we could find out ...I have it on my thumb nail ,small finger and first index finger ,one of my husbands toes turned black he thought he may have injured it at work but maybe we could've had the virus without symptoms 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
It's really odd I wish we could find out ...I have it on my thumb nail ,small finger and first index finger ,one of my husbands toes turned black he thought he may have injured it at work but maybe we could've had the virus without symptoms 🤷‍♀️
I’ve heard of so many who have been asymptonatic but positive tests.

Reactions: 3
Hi, you get those lines with any illness,(ive had them before covid) so it doesn't answer whether you had covid or not!
My hubby tested positive in March and was quite poorly for a few days. I lost sense of smell and taste and was out of breath but didn't get tested. Other than that I was fine, ( had lines on nails). Im presuming I had it, kids had no symptoms and wouldn't dream of having them tested anyway!
It sounds like you had a normal virus, anti body test would show it, but they don't seem to be pushing those do they??

Reactions: 6
I’ve heard of so many who have been asymptonatic but positive tests.
I had mild covid syptoms, I didn't have a cough, like you said I had a irritating clearing of the throat for a few days, headache and swollen lymph nodes in my armpits which was the last symptom to go. I also lost taste and smell for 5 months but other than that the other symptoms lasted about a week.

How does everyone cope with the constant onslaught of negative and scaremongering news and disgusting comments that are right behind it?

My husband is getting swallowed up by it all and his mental health is getting worse each day. I’m getting more worried he’s going to hurt himself but I feel so lost and helpless with it all

We’re both worried about the possible side affects of the vaccine as much as we’re worried about catching covid itself

if anyone has any advice it’d be really appreciated

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How does everyone cope with the constant onslaught of negative and scaremongering news and disgusting comments that are right behind it?

My husband is getting swallowed up by it all and his mental health is getting worse each day. I’m getting more worried he’s going to hurt himself but I feel so lost and helpless with it all

We’re both worried about the possible side affects of the vaccine as much as we’re worried about catching covid itself

My advice is become more comfortable in your own choice. Block out anyone who is making you question your own decision. The only person who has to live with your choice is you don’t give anyone elses opinion or views too much of your attention instead focus on being confident in your choices and remind yourself why you came to your decision with your choice!

the news can be really scaremongering at times if it gets too intense don’t watch it, ask a trusted friend or relative to give you a breakdown of anything important you need to know.

make time for yourselves to focus on your interests outside of covid and everything else! Life’s so short, enjoy it! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There’s no way like the American way 🙄View attachment 690423
Absolutely disgusting. The most unethical medical scheme I’ve witnessed! Why are we bribing anyone for a start?!! Aside from how unethical it is to bribe someone to take a medicine, why are we bribing them with fast food or junk food?! We know that obesity is a key contributor to many pathologies but it has been highlighted from the beginning that people who are overweight and obese are more likely to suffer with covid vs those of a healthy weight. I know one kebab or one McDonald’s doesn’t make anyone overweight or obese but it enables people who are already in a poor relationship with food to continue eating poorly at the expense of the taxpayer.

this is wrong. this is unethical.

Reactions: 20
Absolutely disgusting. The most unethical medical scheme I’ve witnessed! Why are we bribing anyone for a start?!! Aside from how unethical it is to bribe someone to take a medicine, why are we bribing them with fast food or junk food?! We know that obesity is a key contributor to many pathologies but it has been highlighted from the beginning that people who are overweight and obese are more likely to suffer with covid vs those of a healthy weight. I know one kebab or one McDonald’s doesn’t make anyone overweight or obese but it enables people who are already in a poor relationship with food to continue eating poorly at the expense of the taxpayer.

this is wrong. this is unethical.
it's basically a night out for a young person if they're offering all 3 together .

DBFD5004-01E9-43B4-8DCE-8C2FBB03ECC5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
it's basically a night out for a young person if they're offering all 3 together .

View attachment 690454
Just saw on twitter the government are in talks with McDonald’s to offer discounts to people who are vaccinated!!!!!! MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!! Someone PLEASE enlighten me why we are offering people discounts at fast food outlets for a disease which is worsened by obesity!!!!! Why??!?! Does anyone on here support this bullshit.
It actually infuriates me more every day 🤯🤯🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just saw on twitter the government are in talks with McDonald’s to offer discounts to people who are vaccinated!!!!!! MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!! Someone PLEASE enlighten me why we are offering people discounts at fast food outlets for a disease which is worsened by obesity!!!!! Why??!?! Does anyone on here support this bullshit.
It actually infuriates me more every day 🤯🤯🤯
I hate McD’s too 😂 …I wonder how much all this is costing 🤔

Reactions: 4
I hate McD’s too 😂 …I wonder how much all this is costing 🤔
I have seen an article that said so far the covid certification scheme had run up to £23.6 MILLION so far!!!! That’s just the vaccine passport element, so duck knows what all the bribery costs - all at the expense of the taxpayer! Encouraging people to eat shite

• Wow
I have seen an article that said so far the covid certification scheme had run up to £23.6 MILLION so far!!!! That’s just the vaccine passport element, so duck knows what all the bribery costs - all at the expense of the taxpayer! Encouraging people to eat shite

I wonder will they start charging for them as time goes on ( passports ) they're supposed to be charging for tests next month ,they'll have to try and reign in some of that money they won't keep freebies going forever .

9AC67A1D-647F-431C-9937-2A1D422E35B5.jpeg
Does anyone really believe this is about health and protecting others at this point?!

• Haha
I had mild covid syptoms, I didn't have a cough, like you said I had a irritating clearing of the throat for a few days, headache and swollen lymph nodes in my armpits which was the last symptom to go. I also lost taste and smell for 5 months but other than that the other symptoms lasted about a week.
My taste and smell was fine so I assumed it couldn’t be covid as I heard so many say that was their main symptom. Not sure if you can have covid and keep your taste and smell.

My throat was so thick and I had a horrid taste at the back of my throat. I also felt like I had a lot of energy/adrenaline in my body which felt weird. My sore throat lasted about 2 weeks in total, it was a bugger to shift. I had mild aches in my body but no fever.

No news. Both stop watching and reading. My anxiety has been awful during covid and cutting out the news and focussing on my mental health is helping. Eating healthy, exercise, meditation, reading, any hobbies you enjoy…. Anything but the news and social media. It’s so damaging and they scare monger daily, it’s getting worse so I’ve had to stop watching. I didn’t watch the news for 7years before covid, trust me it betters your mental health.

I hope your husband is ok x

Hi, you get those lines with any illness,(ive had them before covid) so it doesn't answer whether you had covid or not!
My hubby tested positive in March and was quite poorly for a few days. I lost sense of smell and taste and was out of breath but didn't get tested. Other than that I was fine, ( had lines on nails). Im presuming I had it, kids had no symptoms and wouldn't dream of having them tested anyway!
It sounds like you had a normal virus, anti body test would show it, but they don't seem to be pushing those do they??
Most likely it was a normal virus, it was just very strange no one else in my home had the symptoms for me to catch it from them as I’m housebound due to my health condition.

Last edited:
Vaccine festival anyone?

No ID needed, so you could be on your 67th jab, or under 18, an illegal immigrant evading the Home Office, mixing vaccines, having them too close together.

Then after you've had it you can get pissed and party all night - which is the complete opposite of what you're told when you go to get the jab

But hey, it's better for everyone right

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Vaccine festival anyone?

No ID needed, so you could be on your 67th jab, or under 18, an illegal immigrant evading the Home Office, mixing vaccines, having them too close together.

Then after you've had it you can get pissed and party all night - which is the complete opposite of what you're told when you go to get the jab

But hey, it's better for everyone right
No ID?! I have no words at this point. What more will it take for people to realise they *are absofuckinglutely not* doing this for your health.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

He isn’t alone, I feel exactly the same way. No advice I wish I had some but sometimes just knowing that you’re not alone can help a bit.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.