Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #3 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they'll keep offering boosters until they get the vaccines in tablet of spray form ,even Pfizer is waning from 4-6 months why would the next booster be any different .

Reactions: 3
The problem I have with boosters and mixing of jabs is if a few years down the line there are long term problems with the vaccine how would they know which one caused it.🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
What about other medications that people take what if they react with them .

Reactions: 8
I've had my two jabs and so has my whole family. To be honest I'm quite annoyed at people who refuse the jab because of non-medical reasons, and reading these threads is frustrating to me... Obvi I wont argue with anybody on here but according to science or whatever we need what, 85% of people vaxxed to reach herd immunity but vaccinations are tapering off at 60-70% and cases are going up.. I just don't see why you would refuse to get it and deprive everybody else of their herd immunity as well...
Do you really believe herd immunity will happen if 85% are vaccinated when those who have had the jab can still catch and pass it on. The point being even if the whole country was vaccinated it will not eliminate covid it would still get passed on from vaccinated people. The majority of people hospitalised now have been vaccinated and more than likely caught it off a vaccinated person.

Reactions: 14
What about other medications that people take what if they react with them .
That’s the thing about clinical trials although they’re great and an important step in approving a medicine they never test the medicine alongside another medicine to rule out contraindications and it’s only in the final stages of trials when it’s released to the market that these things come to light!

Reactions: 4
That’s the thing about clinical trials although they’re great and an important step in approving a medicine they never test the medicine alongside another medicine to rule out contraindications and it’s only in the final stages of trials when it’s released to the market that these things come to light!
That's what I worry about as I have to take daily medication plus the booster will be Pfizer ( I had AZ ) and a flu jab at the same time ...it may put a lot of people off as the risk seems greater this time.

Reactions: 5
I mean at this point we don't know, I'm just saying that the figure i've heard most often is 85% vaccination rate should be able to stop the spread but nowhere has reached that level yet so who knows.
It's pretty obvious though that high vaccination rates are slowing the spread, and I think I would be less annoyed by people not getting vaxxed if people were at least adhering to social distancing etc like they did at the beginning of the pandemic...
How can it be when the vaccinated are still getting it? it does not make any sense for them to say this or for people to believe this

Being vaccinated will normally give you immunity and hence the herd eventually will be immune but this vaccine does not give you immunity so it's never going to reach herd immunity, It's the same with colds and flu.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Long post alert lol...This is a real convo someone had.

Just incase anyones confused!! 🥴😆

ME: UK gov, should I get vaccinated if I already had Covid?

UK gov: “Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had C0VID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from C0VID-19.”

ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does vaccine-induced immunity last?

Uk gov: “There is still a lot we are learning about C0VID-l9 vaccines and we are constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated.”

Me: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the vaccine was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long vaccine immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the vaccine immunity better than my natural immunity?

UK gov: …

Me: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?

UK gov: Yes. Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.

ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than vaccine immunity?

Uk gov: Possibly. You never know.

ME: Okay. If I get the vaccine, does that mean I won’t get sick?

Uk gov: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are vaccinated people.

ME: is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.K. catching Covid after getting the jab?

David Javid: Over 60%

ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the vaccine, how is it helping me?

Uk gov: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.

Uk gov: We don’t know “exactly, we think we've saved over 50,000 lives, but we haven't got any evidence of this.

ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?

Uk gov: We don’t know, okay? Next question.

ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the vaccine, is there any reason I should get it?

Uk gov: Yes, for the collective and to be allowed to dance at a night club (for now)

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting vaccinated?

Uk gov: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.

ME: Can a vaccinated person spread the virus to someone else?

Uk gov: Yes.

ME: So if I get vaccinated, I could still spread the virus to someone else?

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get vaccinated was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the vaccine?

Uk gov: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unvaccinated, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the vaccine’s protection, putting all vaccinated people at risk.

ME: So the vaccine stops the virus from mutating?

Uk gov: No.

ME: So it can still mutate in vaccinated people?

ME: Sorry but this seems confusing. If the vaccine doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting vaccinated help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the vaccine?

Uk gov: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unvaccinated, you pose a threat to vaccinated people.

ME: But what KIND of threat??

Uk gov: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.

ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the vaccine doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying vaccinated people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the vaccine just by running into an unvaccinated person! Which is it??

Uk gov: Your just obviously an anti-vaxxer!

ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get vaccinated, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long vaccine immunity lasts. And I should get the vaccine to keep a vaccinated person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the vaccine, I can give it to the vaccinated person anyways. And, the other vaccinated person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?"

Logical thinking is now a fringe activity.
I could not of put this better myself, and still the unvaccinated are seen to be a menace to society. Seriously if people need to be bribed or offered incentives to have this vaccine doesn’t that smell a little fishy, I’m sure there’s more than me who’s spidey senses are tingling.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What gets me is no one seems to give a tit about people who neglect all other preventative health advice so why do people think they have the right to be so openly judgemental! Do we judge people on whether or not they attend screening appointments for cancers? Do we judge people on whether they eat a healthy balanced diet? Do we talk about incentivising people with McDonald’s, kebabs, taxis, supermarket vouchers etc to breastfeed? Tell people who smoke or drink excessively that well give them coupons if they stop? I’ve never seen anyone kick off about the morbidly obese contributing to the strain on the nhs taking up beds and clogging waiting lists!

no we don’t, because it’s unethical. It’s not ok to dictate to people how they must live their lives and discuss how annoying they are for not doing what someone else thinks they should do. Educate people and let them make their own minds up.
Society absolutely judges people who dont take care of themselves and its naive to say we dont.

Reactions: 1
Society absolutely judges people who dont take care of themselves and its naive to say we dont.
We don’t tell them they can’t participate in life do we? are they being told they’ll be restricted and not allowed to go to nightclubs if they’re obese? Are countries preventing people from eating indoors at restaurants for being obese? Have the government bribed people with money, festival tickets and fast food coupons for being a smoker, overweight? Have we ever give someone money for attending a cancer screening appointment? Not in the country I live in.

Difference is, they don't get forced into changing their behaviour. Obesity alone is one of the biggest strains on the healthcare system and the toll it takes on resources has a ripple effect for the care everyone else receives. Do we force obese people to have medical care because of that? No, despite the fact that has a much more direct impact on the majority of people than COVID does. And we certainly don't tell them we are taking their freedoms if we don't. Can you IMAGINE a world where obese people have to stay in their houses until they change their behaviour? As if.

Judging people is not the same as forcing them into healthcare to *potentially* help someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We don’t tell them they can’t participate in life do we? are they being told they’ll be restricted and not allowed to go to nightclubs if they’re obese? Are countries preventing people from eating indoors at restaurants for being obese? Have the government bribed people with money, festival tickets and fast food coupons for being a smoker, overweight? Have we ever give someone money for attending a cancer screening appointment? Not in the country I live in.
You said no one gives a tit about people who ignore preventive health care. You said we dont judge those people I simply disagree. Society imo most certainly does judge people who abuse their bodies.

Again, this constant narrative of "other than a sore arm". LONG TERM, LONG TERM, LONG TERM.

Why can noone get it through their heads that we are worried about potential long term effects, not a bloody sore arm short term. I don't doubt that most people will be fine short term, that has *never* been the argument I have been making. Jesus wept. You and your pals feeling fine now tells me NOTHING

Oh how handy Humphrey, you deleted your comment before I could quote it :rolleyes:

• Heart
Again, this constant narrative of "other than a sore arm". LONG TERM, LONG TERM, LONG TERM.

Why can noone get it through their heads that we are worried about potential long term effects, not a bloody sore arm short term. I don't doubt that most people will be fine short term, that has *never* been the argument I have been making. Jesus wept. You and your pals feeling fine now tells me NOTHING
The blood clots and other reactions all seemed to happen fairly soon after the jab though? At least from what I’ve seen on social media. I agree though the long term effects are what worried me most. Whenever I was vocal about being worried to get the jab people told me “don’t worry it doesn’t hurt” like I’m scared of a bleeping needle 😂 Erm, no that’s not the reason I’m scared.

I will tell people on here my experience, which was no negative side effects immediately after the jab as I feel maybe it will help people make up their mind. No one can say what will happen years down the line. Id never in a million years judge someone for not having it though, it’s an attitude I cannot understand at all! Ive heard others saying people without a jab shouldn’t get NHS treatment. Appalling!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The blood clots and other reactions all seemed to happen fairly soon after the jab though? At least from what I’ve seen on social media. I agree though the long term effects are what worried me most. Whenever I was vocal about being worried to get the jab people told me “don’t worry it doesn’t hurt” like I’m scared of a bleeping needle 😂 Erm, no that’s not the reason I’m scared.

I will tell people on here my experience, which was no negative side effects immediately after the jab as I feel maybe it will help people make up their mind. No one can say what will happen years down the line. Id never in a million years judge someone for not having it though, it’s an attitude I cannot understand at all! Ive heard others saying people without a jab shouldn’t get NHS treatment. Appalling!
I'm not saying there is no short term effects at all, just that for most people, the long term ones are the main concern. My comment was in reference to a post Humphrey has since edited saying that they had nothing other than a sore arm and for everyone they know, they just felt under the weather.

My point is, it's insulting to act like because you had a sore arm, we will all be fine, when for most people, it's concerns over potential long term risks that we are concerned about. We aren't all just scared of needles, or a little bit of pain which is how people treat us. It's grossly oversimplifying people's very valid and thought out concerns.

Just because someone had a short term reaction, or none, does absolutely nothing to attest to anything down the line. It's guesswork at best. So it is no wonder that people feel dubious to take the unknown for a virus they have very little risk of.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You said no one gives a tit about people who ignore preventive health care. You said we dont judge those people I simply disagree. Society imo most certainly does judge people who abuse their bodies.
I also said “Do we talk about incentivising people with McDonald’s, kebabs, taxis, supermarket vouchers etc to breastfeed? Tell people who smoke or drink excessively that well give them coupons if they stop? I’ve never seen anyone kick off about the morbidly obese contributing to the strain on the nhs taking up beds and clogging waiting lists!” But you chose to ignore that part.

I'm not saying there is no short term effects at all, just that for most people, the long term ones are the main concern. My comment was in reference to a post Humphrey has since edited saying that they had nothing other than a sore arm and for everyone they know, they just felt under the weather.

My point is, it's insulting to act like because you had a sore arm, we will all be fine, when for most people, it's concerns over potential long term risks that we are concerned about. We aren't all just scared of needles, or a little bit of pain which is how people treat us. It's grossly oversimplifying people's very valid and thought out concerns.

Just because someone had a short term reaction, or none, does absolutely nothing to attest to anything down the line. It's guesswork at best. So it is no wonder that people feel dubious to take the unknown for a virus they have very little risk of.
I agree. Insulting to my cousin who is fighting for his life in hospital atm with 15% heart function due to heart failure caused by his second jab according to his consultant. This might be rare but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen! He was healthy fighting fit when he got the jab and this is how it’s left him!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I had a wobble last night. My son found out on Saturday (and only told us last night) that his friend who he was in a car with and at a friends house with the Friday before last , became unwell last Monday 3 days after contact with his friends, and tested positive on Wednesday. It’s apparently rife in his work place. My sons been mixing with the group of friends that were also with this friend the weekend before he tested positive, he went to the cinema with some of them this weekend. I panicked and made him test last night and thankfully he’s negative. His friends are all single or double jabbed other then this boy who’s now ill with covid. He's refusing the vaccine. He said it’s not mild like a cold, he feels really unwell. He’s 19 and in full health. It made me fear I’ll get it eventually with my son mixing with friends indoors now he’s double jabbed. My husband told him in future he tells us right away if a friend becomes ill with covid because had he tested positive he’s been all around the house close to me and not being extra careful incase he tested positive, we’re lucky he didn’t.

So it’s given me a fright with it being that close to home. If his friends so unwell I’m worried what it’ll do to me at almost 42 with ME/CFS. I just needed to let out my wobble 😳😃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ll hear them out and see if they can provide a reasonable answer to any of the questions I put to them (which won’t be on their script) but I’m the kind of person that keeps spam callers on the phone as long as possible to reduce their time with others (53 minutes current record).
Two very drunk friends of mine invited a coupe of jehovah witnesses into the house one Sunday afternoon years ago, made a point of letting them see they locked the door behind them then started to wind them up by answering all their questions with their questions apparently they really lost their cool and ended up screaming to be let out 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I also said “Do we talk about incentivising people with McDonald’s, kebabs, taxis, supermarket vouchers etc to breastfeed? Tell people who smoke or drink excessively that well give them coupons if they stop? I’ve never seen anyone kick off about the morbidly obese contributing to the strain on the nhs taking up beds and clogging waiting lists!” But you chose to ignore that part.

I agree. Insulting to my cousin who is fighting for his life in hospital atm with 15% heart function due to heart failure caused by his second jab according to his consultant. This might be rare but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen! He was healthy fighting fit when he got the jab and this is how it’s left him!
I’ve always struggled to make sense of the government’s stance on this.
A virus that attacks those vulnerable and in poor health. So instead of encouraging vitamins, healthy eating, exercise and fresh air we lock up the population, restrict outdoor activities and encourage stay home take always while bribing vaccine uptake through fast food discounts.

While obesity is a risk factor, costly to the nhs and the government and media use obesity as a scape goat - no one talks about the real drain to our health services across all services and that is alcoholism. I do wonder how many people severely effected by covid are functioning alcoholics.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.