Rebecca Lamb #97 Call the ranger, my brows are running wild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still don’t like her or agree with a lot she does, but I do sometimes wonder if even myself is too harsh with the whole children being bought up. I mean the pictures (as excessive as they are) show a fairly nice life for a child who is clearly loved? What am I missing? And surely not every 8 year old is into the same kind of thing I.e football 🤷🏼‍♀️
As others have said, his life seems pretty crap, not nice.

Yes he has food and clothes, but doesn’t have a varied diet, his house is a cold shack in the middle of nowhere, his parents value brits abroad holidays instead of an education, and on and on.

Im sure Rebecca and Steve do love him, but love isn’t enough. You need care, nurture, encouragement, discipline, someone who values education and health care.

My boys are a similar age and really don’t care for football, but they have other interests and past times, like swimming lessons and club, skateboarding, riding their bikes in the street with the neighbours, gardening, catching bugs and insects, making mud pies and climbing trees, building forts from tarps, fishing, animals (we spent a random hour last year learning about sea eagles after they were spotted at Loch Lomond for the first time in over a hundred odd years), they both have rock tumblers, ones on the waitlist for drama school, massive bookcases in their rooms filled with fact and fiction books from the charity shop, library, big packs from Costco, etc, etc.

Most of these things don’t cost any money, but I think my kids have a nice life. My eldest son is on the spectrum and is bloody hysterical. He takes up a lot of my time caring for him but he still lives a full and happy life. He gets access to all the support he needs, I recently used some of his DLA to get him access to private healthcare because the wait is too long on the NHS.

The pair of them treat those kids like absolute crap and put themselves first. Everyone knows your kids come first. I could be walking about with holes in my knickers but as long as my kids are all sorted then I don’t care. For Rebecca and Steve it’s the other way round unfortunately. The world revolves around them and not their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't know why but those sweets kill me 😭 I would put something like that in my kid's bday bag, but it's because it's dingle. I just can't 😭😭 Where's the skipping rope?
Boss babe Beggy wrapping up a bag of maoams 🤣🤣🤣 if they're his favourite why did he only get one bag. I am yet to see the skipping rope, I sound like a right bleep but I can't imagine alfeh being Co ordinated enough to skip 😭😭

I'd also like to point out alfeh is wearing a short PJ set, in bleeping winter, in the cold shack. Meanwhile Beggy sits there in hoodies under her dressing gown.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Boss babe Beggy wrapping up a bag of maoams 🤣🤣🤣 if they're his favourite why did he only get one bag. I am yet to see the skipping rope, I sound like a right bleep but I can't imagine alfeh being Co ordinated enough to skip 😭😭

I'd also like to point out alfeh is wearing a short PJ set, in bleeping winter, in the cold shack. Meanwhile Beggy sits there in hoodies under her dressing gown.
Gownd

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I still don’t like her or agree with a lot she does, but I do sometimes wonder if even myself is too harsh with the whole children being bought up. I mean the pictures (as excessive as they are) show a fairly nice life for a child who is clearly loved? What am I missing? And surely not every 8 year old is into the same kind of thing I.e football 🤷🏼‍♀️
A nice life for a child? More or less cut off from everything! Stuck in a ramshackle, dirty hovel in the middle of nowhere! Never goes anywhere unless it's for a pub meal or if it's for free. No activities outside of school! No one to play with except his 4 year old brother! I don't call that a nice life!! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Her behaviour and obsession about him turning 8 is very revealing. It’s almost as if she has suddenly realised he’s not a baby anymore and he doesn’t need a pram on holiday. The realisation he’s now old enough to need encouragement to explore, grow and learn independently and not be treated like a baby has come about 2 years too late.

The school should take some responsibility too as they’re failing to deal with his extended absences by not reporting the parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Her behaviour and obsession about him turning 8 is very revealing. It’s almost as if she has suddenly realised he’s not a baby anymore and he doesn’t need a pram on holiday. The realisation he’s now old enough to need encouragement to explore, grow and learn independently and not be treated like a baby has come about 2 years too late.

The school should take some responsibility too as they’re failing to deal with his extended absences by not reporting the parents.
I will never get over how they put those boys in a pram 😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I will never get over how they put those boys in a pram 😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫
Me neither, of all the piss poor parenting she does, that’s got to be up there with the worst.

‘Move over Woodeh so your gigantic 7 year old brother can get in too’

• Haha
Reactions: 23
No not every 8 year old is in to the same kind of thing, and of course their individual interests and hobbies should be encouraged. However i used my son and his class mates as an example as they are the same age as Alfie. But also, due to the profession i am in (a social worker) i have met lots of boys who are Alfies age and more often than not they all do seem to share some interests (like the things i mentioned in my previous post).
*Sorry everyone for using my son as an example again* but he also has a real interest in sewing and more recently knitting, and its absolutely wonderful to see. He loves it and he is just as passionate about sewing as he is about playing football. duck knows where he got this from, as i cant even sew a button on a shirt! But the point is, Beggy and 2SS should encourage Alfie with his interests and then pursue them with him. But they dont because they are massively neglectful and so selfish, and only like to do thing for themselves. In my personal and professional opinion those boys could easily be placed on S17 Child in Need plans, and both Beggy and 2SS would benefit from parenting courses and to learn how to prioritise the needs of the children above their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There are far more things a child needs than to be "loved" which Dingle and Steaver don't provide many of 🤷🏻‍♀️

Such as a warm and safe place to live, access/priority given to education, working with professionals to help your child thrive (not turning your nose up and having a tantrum when a teacher who's gone through years of training suggests speech therapy) age appropriate clothing and toys, a varied diet, appropriate bedding, interaction, stimulation, privacy, hobbies ( whilst your 100% correct he doesn't need to like football, where's his other hobbies? Archery, theatre school, arts and crafts, a musical instrument, golf - even as a really shy child my mum made sure I went to dance class 2x per week, played tennis, went to Italian class etc)

I think your confusing a nice life for the bare minimum, I suppose he gets 3 meals a day, a roof over his head, clothes to match his 4 years younger brother etc...... but I wouldn't ever consider those things to mean a nice life 🤷🏻‍♀️ if it is, basically every other kid I know lives like Rockefeller 😂
I bet Alfie would love beavers or cubs but his tit parents are to lazy to take him to anything fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
His presents look like the pile of crap my kids ask me for when we pop into Poundland, she’s so tight when it comes to spending on those boys, for someone who claims to be earning thousands! And the amount she spends on her self it’s sickening. My daughters 6 next month and asked for a new iPad as the old one has gone slow so we got an Apple Pencil to go with it so she can draw, that’s without the other stuff she’s got, and a party where she’s invited 15 kids from her class, and I’m far from claiming to be a boss babe hun.

Reactions: 21
I've just brought my son some of those maomo sweets in my asda shop just as a treat he's 20 lol 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I bet Alfie would love beavers or cubs but his tit parents are to lazy to take him to anything fun.
doooonnttt be silly, I bet you have to pay subs for that and that takes away from the 17 beauty treatments single has done per month.... remember when she booked herself a pony trek and only let Alfie and Woody come along on the second one as an afterthought 😂🙀

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.