Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clarity456

VIP Member
What about the Tesla? Assuming it’s on a monthly rental contract rather than owned outright, would they be able to claim UC whilst paying a lot of money every month for a car that’s more expensive than they need, and whilst owning or having the use of a second car? Would that be classed as essential outgoings in the same way as mortgage / food / school uniforms etc? I know you save a lot by not having to buy fuel but still seems like an extravagance rather than essential.
Hopefully the benefits advisor will come and correct me if I'm wrong but they don't assess amount of UC on your outgoings it's done on things like amount of rent/mortgage, what the local housing allowance is if they're "renting" off beaver senior, whether they've any income from work, if anyone in the household has caring needs, how many children they have etc. Once they've calculated all them things, it will give them a figure of how much they're entitled to and sadly they can spend that money as they wish even if it's on a ridiculous car. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
Former DWP benefits advisor and visiting officer here. I used to do living together visits and assessments. No such rule as allowed to stay x many nights per week exists. It all goes down to if you are living as husband and wife looking at your overall living situation and lifestyle. An off shore worker might be away for weeks at a time but is still living with his partner. Then again you can be sharing the same house as your partner but the relationship has broken down and you are genuinely separated in the same household. The way beaver and Beggy show their lives there is no way they would get away with her claiming as a single parent.
If they were joint claimants - him technically unemployed and her low income self employed and their calculations were done do you reckon they could be eligible for UC ?
I feel like it's possible and they have had that cost of living money .

• Heart

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Hopefully the benefits advisor will come and correct me if I'm wrong but they don't assess amount of UC on your outgoings it's done on things like amount of rent/mortgage, what the local housing allowance is if they're "renting" off beaver senior, whether they've any income from work, if anyone in the household has caring needs, how many children they have etc. Once they've calculated all them things, it will give them a figure of how much they're entitled to and sadly they can spend that money as they wish even if it's on a ridiculous car. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
From what I can remember from work it goes by your income. So any earnings, savings, benefits etc. They don't pay towards a mortgage and you can't claim HB for property owned by family. They're listed as the owners on the shack deeds, but there is deffo something not right about it all

NellieMo

VIP Member
I’m typing this, not because I’m taking the piss but actually concerned. It’s maybe just me but Roma has the look of children that have dwarfism? I feel horrible saying that but looking it up, there’s similarities with the nose and developmental delays, hearing difficulties. Surely this would have been picked up in the womb and after birth? Not saying she is, don’t mean it in a horrible way just a thought.
It’s a possibility, it’s sometimes not diagnosed straight away.

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that theres only one dog in her stories. Again, this morning she's out in the garden in a tshirt (bra less 🤢) & days she's out with the doggies. But still, there's only one.
Is it a girl dog? If it is, bet you they've got it pregnant to make a bit of cash, & that's why she's not showing it.
Or its magically disappeared like the 2 cats, & the chickens.
The dog she's showing is the girl who she had done not so long ago (after breeding her for puppies in secret) the missing dog is the grey staffie Oscar! She had him for years, when they had Lola, so where the hell is he?!

Think she trying to copy Emily (part time working mummy's ex bestie) on the food stuff with babble gurl. She shows her daughters lunch n dinner plates and updates how little she likes it lol, in a funny relatable way.

Mumofone27

Roma's outfit is hideous as yes it's way too big. However I actually think she's cute. Not the cutest I've ever seen but she looks fine to me. I swear people go way overboard here on how they speak about children. And all kids develop at different rates.

• Heart
  • Wow

Anotherct

VIP Member
I don’t know anything about wooden beams, but surely if someone did buy that, that would show up on the survey?

Clarity456

VIP Member
Man jam 😂😂😣🤢.... Brilliant.
---

I so want to see those walking boots that she got last year - they've got to have been sent back to catalogue. Prove me wrong Rebecca.
As far as I'm aware them boots were for Xmas or birthday years ago, last year I think he just lit some tea lights for her 😂🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha

LottieM

What about the Tesla? Assuming it’s on a monthly rental contract rather than owned outright, would they be able to claim UC whilst paying a lot of money every month for a car that’s more expensive than they need, and whilst owning or having the use of a second car? Would that be classed as essential outgoings in the same way as mortgage / food / school uniforms etc? I know you save a lot by not having to buy fuel but still seems like an extravagance rather than essential.

Imhere123

VIP Member
They will get UC even if he does work. They would get a child element (not sure how much that it), annual entitlement then I think there’s a deduction from that based on household income. But even if that meant they’re only entitled to a few £ a week, they would still be entitled to the cost of living payments. My sister has 1 child, she works 4 days a week & she gets UC.

• Heart
Reactions: 5