Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch so many of these programmes I reckon I could get away with murder ;)
I don’t think you can beat the episode of Tales of the Unexpected (really old) where the wife kills the husband with a frozen leg of lamb then cooks it and serves it to the police investigating

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t think you can beat the episode of Tales of the Unexpected (really old) where the wife kills the husband with a frozen leg of lamb then cooks it and serves it to the police investigating
My dad used to love this prog. It freaked me out

Oh my! That's a blast from the past! I remember reading this at school. It's a short story by Roald Dahl, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
24 Hours in Police Custody.

Here are the judge's full sentencing remarks - they are definitely worth reading if you want to understand the case properly as there was actually a lot missing from the programme about the drugs operation, the hierarchy, the motive and what they did afterwards. The judge deemed it a murder carried out for gain which means a starting point of 30 years. He allowed a slight reduction (mitigation) for their ages.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

Here are the judge's full sentencing remarks - they are definitely worth reading if you want to understand the case properly as there was actually a lot missing from the programme about the drugs operation, the hierarchy, the motive and what they did afterwards. The judge deemed it a murder carried out for gain which means a starting point of 30 years. He allowed a slight reduction (mitigation) for their ages.

I don't want to read the whole thing but what was the real motive? I thought it was to rob him

Wow! They did miss a lot out in the programme didn’t they?!

Reactions: 5
Wow! They did miss a lot out in the programme didn’t they?!
I guess it's because the show features the initial police work - the police do enough to get a charging decision and that's what we see. After that, having watched a BBC programme called The Prosecutors (really interesting) it seems the CPS pretty much take over and fill in the blanks so to speak, with lots of input from the police and barristers, so that the case is ready for court.

Yeah i
I guess it's because the show features the initial police work - the police do enough to get a charging decision and that's what we see. After that, having watched a BBC programme called The Prosecutors (really interesting) it seems the CPS pretty much take over and fill in the blanks so to speak, with lots of input from the police and barristers, so that the case is ready for court.
i watched that too. It’s amazing what goes on behind the scenes. I love all crime progs

Reactions: 1

Thanks for sharing this. I just finished watching, vile pair. The link gives a lot more information on motives and reasoning. I think White thought he wouldn’t be convicted or get a lesser sentence for ‘admitting’ it was Shepherd 🙄.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.