Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for sharing this. I just finished watching, vile pair. The link gives a lot more information on motives and reasoning. I think White thought he wouldn’t be convicted or get a lesser sentence for ‘admitting’ it was Shepherd 🙄.
I agree. I was waiting for them to question why Sheppard would be so specific when explaining where he stabbed him and in which order - that seems a little off to me.

Anyone that is interested in true crime I seriously recommend the West Memphis 3 case. I found out about it after the film Devils Knot with Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon was released and have been hooked ever since. I think I’ve read pretty much every book available and most of the documentaries - West of Memphis being the best, although Netflix have taken it down. I still read up on the case every few months as I hope they one day catch the real killer and give the three convicted full exoneration, although doubt that will ever happen unfortunately.

Reactions: 6
Anyone that is interested in true crime I seriously recommend the West Memphis 3 case. I found out about it after the film Devils Knot with Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon was released and have been hooked ever since. I think I’ve read pretty much every book available and most of the documentaries - West of Memphis being the best, although Netflix have taken it down. I still read up on the case every few months as I hope they one day catch the real killer and give the three convicted full exoneration, although doubt that will ever happen unfortunately.
Is that the case Johnny Depp had some involvement in?

Reactions: 2
Is that the case Johnny Depp had some involvement in?
Yes that's right, Johnny Depp openly supported the three whilst they were imprisoned for the crime and is good friends with Damien Echols who was on death row for it (the other 2 had life sentences)

Last edited:
‘Killer Inside’ The story of Aaron Hernandez is on Netflix. I deliberately have not researched it much but he was an NFL player who was accused of killing his brother in law and two others and I think he died pretty young.

Reactions: 3
This rings a bell I’m sure I’ve watched docs about it... is this the one where it’s mostly likely to be the stepfather but it was pinned on three kids that were into rock music and they (press) made it out as a satanic ritual murder or something?

This rings a bell I’m sure I’ve watched docs about it... is this the one where it’s mostly likely to be the stepfather but it was pinned on three kids that were into rock music and they (press) made it out as a satanic ritual murder or something?
that’s the one! I reckon it was the stepdad too but honestly don’t think it’ll ever come out as as far as the Arkansas state see it it’s case closed!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
‘Killer Inside’ The story of Aaron Hernandez is on Netflix. I deliberately have not researched it much but he was an NFL player who was accused of killing his brother in law and two others and I think he died pretty young.
There is also a podcast about him called 'gladiator'. It was pretty good to listen to but I thought it sounded a bit like they were making Aaron out to be a victim. He may have had a rough childhood but so have others and they didn't murder anyone. I think he was just an entitled little tit!

I have not seen the Netflix one, will have to check it out.

I didn’t know about the podcast so thank you, will have a look.
I thought I would watch without being swayed by any previous research so I am looking forward to Killer Inside.

The rough childhood is common with a lot of criminals/killers but as you say some people have a horrific childhood yet go on to achieve praiseworthy lives. I have always been fascinated by the nature/nurture debate. Head/frontal lobe injury is also often cited in what contributes to having that ‘killer nature’, being a NFL player and quite young I wonder if his is raised with Aaron Hernandez.

Last edited:
I didn’t know about the podcast so thank you, will have a look.
I thought I would watch without being swayed by any previous research so I am looking forward to Killer Inside.

The rough childhood is common with a lot of criminals/killers but as you say some people have a horrific childhood yet go on to achieve praiseworthy lives. I have always been fascinated by the nature/nurture debate. Head/frontal lobe injury is also often cited in what contributes to having that ‘killer nature’, being a NFL player and quite young I wonder if his is raised with Aaron Hernandez.

He hung himself in prison so they did an autopsy of his brain and talk about all the damage he had.

I started watching Don't duck With Cats. I got to the bit where they started showing the video and turned it off and then googled what it was about. 🤮 Weird, humans I can watch, animals I can't despite animal kills being a common pre-cursor to human kills. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Funny you should say that, I watched the first episode behind a cushion because I couldn’t bear to see the cats die 😭

Anyone else just watch the trial of Margaret Fleming? What are your thoughts!?
Recorded it to watch with the other half. Same with White House Farm. He works really late. He's really not interested in 95% of the crime stuff I watch but I think he would actually find both of these interesting. We actually used to live less than ten miles from Tolleshunt D'Arcy and we drove through it one day - I made him look for the house obvs 🙈

I’m only into ep 1 of 24 hours in police custody but how obvious is it that Jordan did it?! When they tell him what he’s been arrested for he doesn’t even act shocked 😂

I just watched it. It was a decent documentary. So sad that she was simply lost in the system for all them years. Thought the initial police investigation was pretty shoddy.
I know it’s a terribly sad case but I have to admit I did laugh a few times during the court case part . “Clown” Good outcome though.
Unless I missed it, I didn’t hear the police say they actually got divers in the water to check for her body :unsure:

Funny you should say that, I watched the first episode behind a cushion because I couldn’t bear to see the cats die 😭
Oh thank goodness I'm not alone! I own a cat who's always by my side too so she'd end up watching it with me. That feels very wrong.

Reactions: 4
I just watched it. It was a decent documentary. So sad that she was simply lost in the system for all them years. Thought the initial police investigation was pretty shoddy.
I know it’s a terribly sad case but I have to admit I did laugh a few times during the court case part . “Clown” Good outcome though.
Unless I missed it, I didn’t hear the police say they actually got divers in the water to check for her body :unsure:
Are you in Scotland? If so, the second part is being shown tomorrow night in the UK 🙂 I know it was shown in Scotland tonight.

I’m only into ep 1 of 24 hours in police custody but how obvious is it that Jordan did it?! When they tell him what he’s been arrested for he doesn’t even act shocked 😂
Jordan really doesn't have much of a poker face 😂

Just watched it and thought it was really interesting. I actually followed the trial and know the case anyway but it was nice to hear and see a little bit more about Margaret.

Court TV really is the bleeping dream!

But I wouldn't want all the hoopla that comes with it like in the USA and gobshites like that Nancy Grace discussing the case every night in TV while the trial is ongoing. That is ALL wrong.

Are you in Scotland? If so, the second part is being shown tomorrow night in the UK 🙂 I know it was shown in Scotland tonight.
Yeah I’m in Scotland- oops sorry for any posters that haven’t seen the second part yet :confused:

Jordan really doesn't have much of a poker face 😂

Just watched it and thought it was really interesting. I actually followed the trial and know the case anyway but it was nice to hear and see a little bit more about Margaret.

Court TV really is the bleeping dream!

But I wouldn't want all the hoopla that comes with it like in the USA and gobshites like that Nancy Grace discussing the case every night in TV while the trial is ongoing. That is ALL wrong.
Haha yes GOBSHITE is the best word for Nancy Grace- she is unbelievably irritating!!!

Last edited:
That pair on 24 hours in police custody were vile! Jordan seemed totally dead behind the eyes. They act like such hard men but as soon as they are in the interviews they cry and start snitching on each other 🙄 total waste of three young lives!

Reactions: 9
I'm not sure if it's the same documentary, but there's a 3 part documentary called Paradise Lost that was made at the time the guys were tried. I watched it on Youtube after I'd heard about the case. Gripping stuff and definitely recommend it. Warning through -first few mins of it shows the dead boys' bodies so not for the faint hearted

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.