Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure if it's the same documentary, but there's a 3 part documentary called Paradise Lost that was made at the time the guys were tried. I watched it on Youtube after I'd heard about the case. Gripping stuff and definitely recommend it. Warning through -first few mins of it shows the dead boys' bodies so not for the faint hearted
I know the one you're referring to, that's a separate documentary from the late 90's/early 2000's I think. It's what brought the case some more attention and made people question whether the three imprisoned were innocent.
They also show the dead bodies in West of Memphis and agree it is very hard viewing!

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend some good shows/podcasts for true crime?

I listen to the Crime Junkies podcast
I've watched most of the Netflix specials e.g making a murderer, the staircase, don't duck with cats, confession tapes etc but looking for more!

Have you watched Who killed little Grégory? It’s on Netflix. I have followed the story for updates on/off for a few years.

Reactions: 2

I've watched most of the Netflix specials e.g making a murderer, the staircase, don't duck with cats, confession tapes etc but looking for more!
There's quite a few earlier in this thread

I haven't watched it but I have read about it so I will give that a go tonight. Thanks!

I would definitely recommend Cold Justice. Most of the episodes are on You Tube and the last season is currently being shown on CBS Reality, New episodes start in March 🙌🏼

Out of all the crime shows I watch (and there are many) it's probably my absolute favourite. A close second is The First 48.

My Favorite Murder and Small Town Dicks are my two favourites! I also dip in and out of True Crime Garage. Also PLEASE listen to Dirty John and Dr Death! Someone Knows Something is good too!

Reactions: 3
I just watched it. It was a decent documentary. So sad that she was simply lost in the system for all them years. Thought the initial police investigation was pretty shoddy.
I know it’s a terribly sad case but I have to admit I did laugh a few times during the court case part . “Clown” Good outcome though.
Unless I missed it, I didn’t hear the police say they actually got divers in the water to check for her body :unsure:
I also found myself laughing at a few bits, when he told the lawyer to away and boil his heed. He really was a cocky little prick in that courtroom. Seen when they were talking about the duct tape and he said to the lawyer oh aye you think your smart eh 😱 how rude !

• Haha
Anyone else just watch the trial of Margaret Fleming? What are your thoughts!?
It was a good documentary. Just finished watching it. They 100% killed Margaret in my opinion. Eddie was the owner of a diving company, I suspect he got rid of her body in the Loch. As far as I’m aware the police didn’t look for her body in the water as it would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Going on the evidence we were shown I’m not sure if I was on the jury, I could say beyond reasonable doubt they murdered her. Shocking that no-one checked up on her all those years.
I did laugh out loud at the ‘bile your heid’ comment!
I also noticed he called the crown prosecutor a bastard as he walked by him outside the court!

Have you watched Who killed little Grégory? It’s on Netflix. I have followed the story for updates on/off for a few years.
I haven’t yet but it’s our next programme to watch.

Yeah I’m in Scotland- oops sorry for any posters that haven’t seen the second part yet :confused:

Haha yes GOBSHITE is the best word for Nancy Grace- she is unbelievably irritating!!!
Watched the second part tonight. I think they would’ve got away with it if it wasn’t for the Hotel/Letter dating blunder. As in, not enough sufficient evidence.

I get a vibe that the man carried out the murder, who refers to someone they care for as fat, smelly etc? And I reckon Avril did nothing (defending or taking part in the murder) but continued in claiming the money.

It’s a disgrace Margaret was lost in the system, I have a SEN Child and if we miss one hospital appointment without reasoning/contact they will inform social services. My heart really goes out to the poor girl, she sounded very lovely. I hope they find her remains or get a confession at least but I’m doubtful.

P.s Clown made me LoL too.
Edit to add that I think Avril was fully aware of the murder, and most likely was her idea to ‘cover up’ (London) but I don’t reckon she carried it out.. who knows!?

Watched the second part tonight. I think they would’ve got away with it if it wasn’t for the Hotel/Letter dating blunder. As in, not enough sufficient evidence.

I get a vibe that the man carried out the murder, who refers to someone they care for as fat, smelly etc? And I reckon Avril did nothing (defending or taking part in the murder) but continued in claiming the money.

It’s a disgrace Margaret was lost in the system, I have a SEN Child and if we miss one hospital appointment without reasoning/contact they will inform social services. My heart really goes out to the poor girl, she sounded very lovely. I hope they find her remains or get a confession at least but I’m doubtful.

P.s Clown made me LoL too.
Edit to add that I think Avril was fully aware of the murder, and most likely was her idea to ‘cover up’ (London) but I don’t reckon she carried it out.. who knows!?
It’s a complete disgrace she was lost in the system. I couldn’t quite believe that she hadn’t been requested to attend any appointments over so many years! And to think if Avril hadn’t have been so extreme, when filling out the new PIP form, it may well never have even of stuck out so much and then got looked in to further. Actually If they hadn’t have been so greedy to still claim Margaret’s money, they would probably still be getting away with it. But yes the nail in the coffin was the letters sent from London!

Reactions: 5
Love forensic files and ID shows are great plus any documentary I can find on Netflix too
I listen to so many podcasts too:
Casefile
Small Town Murder
In The Dark
Someone Knows Something
True Crime Garage
Up and Vanished
Crime in Sports
The Killing of .. (Marilynn Monroe S1 & JonBemet Ramsey S2)

Love this thread. Real life crime programmes are my favourite.
Who killed little Gregory on Netflix was good.
I enjoy Deadline with Tamron Hall on the ID channel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.