Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am totally for Wayne Couzens being tried for his other nefarious actions. It'll make the Met act to root out that behaviour, and hopefully for his other victims, some justice. I understand how it feels too late, considering how awful he is and the crimes he has committed, but it's important that they're all on record, punished, and acknowledged.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m late to this & only stumbled across the Steven Clark case recently. I’ve now watched the ITV documentary: Accused of murdering our son: Documentary about missing Steven Clark
First aired in April 2021.

So, my first thought is - why isn’t the sister mentioned at all?
Maybe she didn’t want to be featured in the documentary, but there isn’t a word about her, where she was the day he went missing or how she misses her brother?? It said there was only a year between them I think?
The parents were both employed by the police at a point - but for a very short time (strange?) but they seemed so uneducated about police procedures?
I felt throughout the documentary they were in good humour - often laughing. They were delighted to be cleared of the murder - - ecstatic! which is fair enough - to a certain extent - but neither of them seemed heartbroken that their son was still missing assumed murdered?
I thought it was really strange for the father to mention that he told Stephen he wasn’t going to pay for this football ticket? Considering they also mentioned he couldn’t find a job due to his disability and that the father also called him something like “a tight fisted wee boy” or words to that effect. Very odd language to use? Especially in these circumstances?

I can’t get over the fact the mother simply left those toilets and went home without either entering the mens toilets or asking someone else to? They also said they could not prove the father was actually at the football match.
I really feel there is more to this. I really felt they were holding back on their relationship with their son.
I really do hope Steven ran away & made a new life for himself, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they had of killed him either. They both come across extremely cold. It sounds like Steven had a lovely relationship with his nan. Suicide could have been a possibility too?
Hopefully one day the truth will come out.
I live near where he went missing and this case is ‘new’ to me because I not from the UK and didn’t live here when he went missing. My older work colleague however is from Saltburn and ’word on the street’ is that he was never there (the beach or toilets) and the parents are responsible. The police just don’t have the evidence to prove it. Having waited numerous times for my sons to exit those exact toilets, I just can’t imagine how he wouldn’t have been seen or where he would have disappeared to.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it’s a mystery. Some happened at the family home and the parents concocted a ‘missing’ story.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I live near where he went missing and this case is ‘new’ to me because I not from the UK and didn’t live here when he went missing. My older work colleague however is from Saltburn and ’word on the street’ is that he was never there (the beach or toilets) and the parents are responsible. The police just don’t have the evidence to prove it. Having waited numerous times for my sons to exit those exact toilets, I just can’t imagine how he wouldn’t have been seen or where he would have disappeared to.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it’s a mystery. Some happened at the family home and the parents concocted a ‘missing’ story.
Not surprised at all - wonder where on earth they put the body!
poor man

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Yep I agree! The parents were shifty and the celebratory reactions when found they wouldn’t be suspects was, to me, like they were celebrating getting away with it.

Reactions: 6
Crime weekly are currently doing a podcast of the case of Micheal Sams who kidnapped Julie Dart and Stephanie Slater. Murdering Julie Dart. It's a case from the 90s which I didn't know much of the details about. Well worth a listen. Stephanie Slater has since died but what an incredibly brave and clever woman to befriend him which probably saved her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not surprised at all - wonder where on earth they put the body!
poor man
Saltburn is not a big place (beach and pier) and on a cold winter day (December 28th), although it could have been busy, there wouldn’t have been as many people out as if it was a nice spring or summer day. The fact that he didn’t work and didn’t appear to have a friendship group, probably gave the parents more time and opportunity to get ‘rid’ of him. The police dug up their garden for a reason.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I
Saltburn is not a big place (beach and pier) and on a cold winter day (December 28th), although it could have been busy, there wouldn’t have been as many people out as if it was a nice spring or summer day. The fact that he didn’t work and didn’t appear to have a friendship group, probably gave the parents more time and opportunity to get ‘rid’ of him. The police dug up their garden for a reason.
I believe he was never there. Those toilets are on a promenade with cliffs behind and sea in front. You can only walk left or right, and given that he came from the direction of Marske, even if he had turned the wrong way coming out of the toilets, he would have had to turn round to walk back, as he would have been heading out of town the wrong way. There's no way, if his mum was waiting outside, that she could have missed him. Also, with the exception of the sea front, Saltburn is quite hilly, I would imagine given his disabilities, Stephen might have found walking up these hills quite difficult, and surely someone would have noticed him.

The parents are dodgy. They were too happy at finding out they weren't under suspicion. Most people would have cried with relief that it was over. I can't work out which one did it or if both were involved but they definitely know more than they are letting on.

Reactions: 9
Crime weekly are currently doing a podcast of the case of Micheal Sams who kidnapped Julie Dart and Stephanie Slater. Murdering Julie Dart. It's a case from the 90s which I didn't know much of the details about. Well worth a listen. Stephanie Slater has since died but what an incredibly brave and clever woman to befriend him which probably saved her life.

I've been listening too and completely agree with you about how strong and brave Stephanie was. What an awful strange man Michael Sams was.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I

I believe he was never there. Those toilets are on a promenade with cliffs behind and sea in front. You can only walk left or right, and given that he came from the direction of Marske, even if he had turned the wrong way coming out of the toilets, he would have had to turn round to walk back, as he would have been heading out of town the wrong way. There's no way, if his mum was waiting outside, that she could have missed him. Also, with the exception of the sea front, Saltburn is quite hilly, I would imagine given his disabilities, Stephen might have found walking up these hills quite difficult, and surely someone would have noticed him.

The parents are dodgy. They were too happy at finding out they weren't under suspicion. Most people would have cried with relief that it was over. I can't work out which one did it or if both were involved but they definitely know more than they are letting on.
Yes. Precisely. Where would he go, disappear to? I don’t want to sound grim, but he may have been dead for a few days (I don’t know when he was last claimed to be seen) and the story of the beach and toilets was created. No parent would leave their vulnerable child in a toilet block and/or beach. He was never there. The police and locals know it and maybe some day evidence wlll emerge to give Steven Clark justice.

I’m late to this & only stumbled across the Steven Clark case recently. I’ve now watched the ITV documentary: Accused of murdering our son: Documentary about missing Steven Clark
First aired in April 2021.

So, my first thought is - why isn’t the sister mentioned at all?
Maybe she didn’t want to be featured in the documentary, but there isn’t a word about her, where she was the day he went missing or how she misses her brother?? It said there was only a year between them I think?
The parents were both employed by the police at a point - but for a very short time (strange?) but they seemed so uneducated about police procedures?
I felt throughout the documentary they were in good humour - often laughing. They were delighted to be cleared of the murder - - ecstatic! which is fair enough - to a certain extent - but neither of them seemed heartbroken that their son was still missing assumed murdered?
I thought it was really strange for the father to mention that he told Stephen he wasn’t going to pay for this football ticket? Considering they also mentioned he couldn’t find a job due to his disability and that the father also called him something like “a tight fisted wee boy” or words to that effect. Very odd language to use? Especially in these circumstances?

I can’t get over the fact the mother simply left those toilets and went home without either entering the mens toilets or asking someone else to? They also said they could not prove the father was actually at the football match.
I really feel there is more to this. I really felt they were holding back on their relationship with their son.
I really do hope Steven ran away & made a new life for himself, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they had of killed him either. They both come across extremely cold. It sounds like Steven had a lovely relationship with his nan. Suicide could have been a possibility too?
Hopefully one day the truth will come out.
I can't get my head round the opening narrative from the dad when recalling how Steven had become disabled. Dad says "he was only 2 and a half or 3, something like that". How can you not remember his aged at such a huge significant life-changing event??

Reactions: 22
Was he a burden to them, they resented him, and they snapped one day? I didn’t like how - - something about- his Dad wouldn’t pay for a ticket for him to go to the footy with him. He’s your son, why not buy him his ticket fgs! His Dad came across as mean.

I seem to recall they also had a daughter, I found it very strange she took no part in the documentary. I get people can be very private but if my elderly parents were accused of murdering my brother and concealing his body I'd want to speak up for them.
She would surely be able to shed some light on their relationship with Steven, the upbringing she and Steven had... I wonder from her absence is she estranged from them?

I seem to recall they also had a daughter, I found it very strange she took no part in the documentary. I get people can be very private but if my elderly parents were accused of murdering my brother and concealing his body I'd want to speak up for them.
She would surely be able to shed some light on their relationship with Steven, the upbringing she and Steven had... I wonder from her absence is she estranged from them?
Omg yes, why isn’t she there flying their flag. Is she estranged? Must be! So bloody odd.

Reactions: 5
I have searched google and I cannot find anything about the sister! Not even her name. SOOOOO weird?
I've just done the same and all I could find was another thread on a different website. Someone said if he had gone missing before and the day out was a cover up you would think she would notice so maybe she didn't live there at the time but then I saw something else about her doing a campaign for it then taking it down. I mean these are only snippets of info I've seen though.

Reactions: 1
I've just done the same and all I could find was another thread on a different website. Someone said if he had gone missing before and the day out was a cover up you would think she would notice so maybe she didn't live there at the time but then I saw something else about her doing a campaign for it then taking it down. I mean these are only snippets of info I've seen though.
Me three! I searched as well but nothing. But she is mentioned at the beginning of the documentary, when the mother talks about Steven being 22 when they moved to Marske "and Victoria 21".. It was only from this I realised there was a sibling.

Me three! I searched as well but nothing. But she is mentioned at the beginning of the documentary, when the mother talks about Steven being 22 when they moved to Marske "and Victoria 21".. It was only from this I realised there was a sibling.
this article is 2004 & says Victoria was 32
So Victoria Clarke would be 50 now.
Funny she has never been vocal..

What was the childhood accident’ its always glossed over but he was left was left without the use of one hand and with learning difficulties. What happened ???

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.