Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watch or remember the all 4 doc 'killed by a rich kid' I couldn't remember the case but was a good watch . Couldn't believe the result šŸ˜³

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Corrie McKeague found his friend dead on a railway line when he was just 15 years old. His dad said that after that he had a binge drinking problem. He had slept in a bin and under bin bags before. So utterly awful poor lad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Anyone watch or remember the all 4 doc 'killed by a rich kid' I couldn't remember the case but was a good watch . Couldn't believe the result šŸ˜³
Yes I watched it. It made me so cross. I think itā€™s obvious what happened. That kid shouldnā€™t have got off. But then money talks evidently

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I watched it too. Judicial system failed that boy and his family. Had those boys come from a council estate the verdicts would have been different.

Reactions: 18
Horrific.

But why did I know that a ā€œlooks like a pit bullā€ would be involved? And whilst recognising the parents grief, at some point you have to address the elephant in the room at ask WTF they were thinking bringing a dog like that into an environment with a young child.
Absolutely heartbroken again to hear of another innocent child killed because their parents were too stupid NOT to keep a dangerous animal in the same house šŸ˜” unfortunately I donā€™t think this will be the last one either. Poor little angel. What goes through these parentsā€™ minds getting a dog like that? Iā€™ll never understand it.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Absolutely heartbroken again to hear of another innocent child killed because their parents were too stupid NOT to keep a dangerous animal in the same house šŸ˜” unfortunately I donā€™t think this will be the last one either. Poor little angel. What goes through these parentsā€™ minds getting a dog like that? Iā€™ll never understand it.
Completely agree and then the comments section on facebook is a joke, I don't agree with people making negative comments for them to see however the amount of people saying "my dog is fine around kids" or "they didn't know this would happen" but they had this dog a week!! Poor baby

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I completely agree. Maybe too much time has passed and they arenā€™t as emotional about it any more. Maybe they made their peace before. However, I still found their behaviour strange. Like yourself and others have said, their reaction to being ā€˜let offā€™ was strange. They havenā€™t been proven innocent, they just havenā€™t got enough evidence against them to be proven guilty. Thereā€™s a difference
Were any witnesses from the public toilets identified or came forward to corroborate the mum's story?

Horrific.

But why did I know that a ā€œlooks like a pit bullā€ would be involved? And whilst recognising the parents grief, at some point you have to address the elephant in the room at ask WTF they were thinking bringing a dog like that into an environment with a young child.
Her family said she would be "sadly missed but never forgotten" doesnā€™t really cut it does it? I have a 19 month old and this tragedy has been in my thoughts all day. As a result of my employment, I barely trust people around my child, let alone animals. Iā€™m not looking to get into the trustworthy pet debate. A human child deserves to be protected. Poor, innocent baby šŸ’”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Today marks 20 years since Milly Dowler was murdered
Yes I thought about her the other day knowing the anniversary was coming up. I hope the family got away for it. I read Gemmaā€™s book last year and I canā€™t ever forget what they all went through from that day forward.

Reactions: 7
Her family said she would be "sadly missed but never forgotten" doesnā€™t really cut it does it? I have a 19 month old and this tragedy has been in my thoughts all day. As a result of my employment, I barely trust people around my child, let alone animals. Iā€™m not looking to get into the trustworthy pet debate. A human child deserves to be protected. Poor, innocent baby šŸ’”
Itā€™s happening far too often.

Reactions: 12
This is a strange one,2 sisters went missing from Arizona and killed themselves by assisted suicide in Switzerland....one was a doctor the other a nurse...friends said it was completely out of character,they must have been very close.

Odd that they were apparently in good health, and a friend said their last texts weren't sent by them.

It reminded me of this case which was so sad and also quite a wtaf that this woman got them so scared of going to prison that they killed themselves

Mother and daughter died in suicide pact after bizarre jail scare con | Daily Mail Online

When I googled it just now I found a followup story on Linsey Cotton I wasn't aware of

Cruel conwoman Linsey Cotton who drove mother and daughter to suicide found dead in her cell - Daily Record

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Completely agree and then the comments section on facebook is a joke, I don't agree with people making negative comments for them to see however the amount of people saying "my dog is fine around kids" or "they didn't know this would happen" but they had this dog a week!! Poor baby
I can't quite remember the context. But I do remember years ago my parents discussing their dogs behaviour. Whilst we've never had any problems, they did say that their dogs could turn nasty without warning. They've never really been around children as we don't really have any family with young children.

I saw the "Killed by a rich kid" doc and am aware of the case. The verdict baffles me. I do agree that if they were from a council estate, it would have been different.

Reactions: 7
Odd that they were apparently in good health, and a friend said their last texts weren't sent by them.

It reminded me of this case which was so sad and also quite a wtaf that this woman got them so scared of going to prison that they killed themselves

Mother and daughter died in suicide pact after bizarre jail scare con | Daily Mail Online

When I googled it just now I found a followup story on Linsey Cotton I wasn't aware of

Cruel conwoman Linsey Cotton who drove mother and daughter to suicide found dead in her cell - Daily Record
Iā€™m fascinated by this case but havenā€™t found much about it - has anyone come across an in depth article or podcast maybe?

Reactions: 2
I was reading an article yesterday where Linsey Cotton's teenage daughter was saying that she'd met Nicola and Margaret, been to the RAF base with Margaret's son, and stayed at Margarets house. Yet none of them ever met Linsey! But did none of them ask about her mum, who was supposedly seriously ill, or did the daughter just play along with the lies? So many questions. It definitely deserves at least a podcast just to try and unravel it all.

Reactions: 4
One of my relatives has an unpredictable dog. It means they have no visits from their grandchildren in their home because they refuse to muzzle/train/acknowledge there's a problem. I really don't know why people can be so sure their dog won't turn. You'd never assume that about a human being or any other carnivorous animal. It's a dog, not a bloody robot.

• Sad
Our in-laws have a dog, itā€™s a lovely thing, been brought up around kids. But if they leave the room and any kids are there they take the dog or kids. They said they trust the dog 99.9 % but for that tiny chance they wonā€™t risk it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.