Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not so much a documentary. More of a semi-podcast on YouTube, but I love the way Emma Kenny covers cases. She is quite animated and emotive and really gets passionate about what she covers. I was listening to the case of Michael Stone and that perhaps it was a miscarriage of justice, the sort of evidence used against him was very vague and that the Chillenden murders have Levi Bellfield written all over them. Very interesting.

Also listened to little Daniel Pelka whom she also covered the other night. I can’t believe how many people let this little boy down!

It’s interesting that you should recommend Emma Kenny as she quite often gets facts and information incorrect about cases.

Reactions: 14
I couldn't bring myself to listen to the Daniel Pelka one - i remember that case all too well and it still haunts me. The levels of ongoing cruelty were just unspeakable. Both vile abusers now dead.
I didn’t realise they had both died. It’s a shame really. They should have been made to suffer like that little boy.

Reactions: 10
It’s interesting that you should recommend Emma Kenny as she quite often gets facts and information incorrect about cases.
Can you give examples? As I usually listen to her and rarely do hardcore digging on a case unless I’m really interested in it. I didn’t know this. Could you recommend another YouTuber with accurate content?

I didn’t realise they had both died. It’s a shame really. They should have been made to suffer like that little boy.
Yeah I believe the mother committed suicide. Cowardice. A lot of other people who failed this poor boy should have been arrested too. How the school were restricting an emaciated child from eating too I can’t bare to fathom, it was reported that he was trying to eat from bins and even little beans the class had planted for a project - yet so little was done! Daniel Pelka is probably the saddest story I’ve ever come across.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I’ve just watched Murder in the Valleys, I’m really interested in this case.
I find it really frustrating that the police didn’t do a better job of investigating the Lewises & showing more transparency. If they had there might be a stronger feeling of Dai Morris being guilty. How can a force investigate their own officers? Alison Lewis used to report into Martyn Lloyd-Evans. He clearly showed a favourable bias towards the Lewises.

and now the police won’t release the recent forensics report on the sock-why? Forensics, like all evidence, need to be scrutinised.
Also, there wasn’t actually much evidence against Dai Morris was there? The chain, his violent past & the fact he lied.
Guess we’ll never know. Be interested to see how the Lewises lives have played out over the years…
Hope I’m not to late in discussing this. Watched all the documentaries I can find on this case.

One other really strange thing stuck out…Why are there no documentaries focusing on the murders? We have so many true crime shows and I can’t find one about the event….just on the very obvious miscarriage of justice.

Also, it stinks how David Morris just dropped dead in prison and the autopsy couldn’t find a cause.

He was outside his cell then he dropped dead? The human body is an engine and will show how it broke.

The whole thing stinks.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else remember the DJ Mark Page? I remember him being briefly on Radio One in the early 80s. He's been convicted of child sex offences.

He's got a twelve-year sentence today.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Reading the live court updates in the Logan Mwangi trial. The mum seemed to be a bit of a narcissist. One minute she seemed to be over protective and always complaining to the school and the next she’s popping in a shoulder dislocation on him herself (!) and leaving him with a broken arm before eventually going to the hospital. I’m getting the impression the youth did this and the boyfriend covered it up with the mum just going along with it all. That poor little boy. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Reading the live court updates in the Logan Mwangi trial. The mum seemed to be a bit of a narcissist. One minute she seemed to be over protective and always complaining to the school and the next she’s popping in a shoulder dislocation on him herself (!) and leaving him with a broken arm before eventually going to the hospital. I’m getting the impression the youth did this and the boyfriend covered it up with the mum just going along with it all. That poor little boy. 😔
There’s a thread on this if you’d like to join in?

Reactions: 7
What’s the link I can’t find it please
I think this is it..

Reactions: 5
Hmmm. I just love it when someone kindly “changes their plea” when confronted with overwhelming evidence. Surely if he had any genuine remorse he would have fessed up before trying to plead innocence?

And don’t get me started on the sentence.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Listening to the Casefile on Lindsey Buziak..

This is a rabbit hole and a half to fall down. Sheesh.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.