Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clojo92

He loves the press attention doesn't he? If my wife the mother of my kid had just been murdered in an horrific way, talking to the press on a daily basis wouldn't be top of my agenda. I would be grieving in private.
It is quite peculiar! I have a feeling he is involved somehow, maybe he hired someone to kill her? Was she planning on leaving him and taking the baby? He seems quite happy to stand in front of a camera.

Reactions: 11

fastfairynnn

If anyone wants to take a deep dive, the Charlene Downes case is an interesting one. To start I recommend searching her name on Daily Motion and watching the three part docu series on there. Themes include Asian grooming gangs, Northern poverty and her frankly hellish family. Sadly the investigation was so bungled I don't think her case will ever be solved.

• Sad

LilPinkie

VIP Member
I've been watching and reading up on Meredith Kercher\Amanda Knox and would love to know what other people think?
I’m very unsure about her having anything to do with it but she acted bizarrely following poor Meredith’s murder. I mean who does a handstand in a police station?

• Wow

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Is anymore known about the murder of 14 year old Dea-John Reid on Monday? I saw his mum on tv and it was absolutely heartbreaking to see her grief, I cried not wanting to imagine how she must feel. There’s not much else been on the news but I know they’ve arrested a 13yr old and a man. Sounds like he and his friends were racially abused before the incident too.
Three people have been charged - a 38 year old man, a 35 year old man and a 14 year old boy. The police have confirmed Dea-John and his friends were racially abused before it happened - see this report - and then this right at the end "The force confirmed it had referred the case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct as it examines previous incidents involving Dea-John"

Trial has been provisionally set for February next year.

I expect we'll see more being charged over the coming days, weeks, months.

• Sad

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
If he had told police that she was tortured for an hour then I’m assuming there was evidence of that on her body? So he must have tortured her too? Or have I got that detail wrong? I hope I have...
They never went into detail about that, but from what I got from the story was that the “torture” was more mental as he made up some story they put a gun to her baby’s head etc… I really hope he didn’t torture her too. What an evil man. She was so young 😞

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
I think i pasted a link and made a comment about this case. Its all very odd and if he is innocent which i dont think he is. He should really think about his interactions with the press and how this could impact his daughter in the future!

stacelou85

Chatty Member
Has anyone read the case of the lady who chucked boiling hot water mixed with sugar on her 80 year old hubby. He has died from the injuries. Apparently she was unhappy after hearing something about him...... a reference was made to her daughter. Implies he's done something to her daughter.

• Wow
  • Sad

Treesy19

VIP Member
Maybe I’m naturally suspicious, but when I read they’d bought “a piece of land” in 2019, and SE was found very close I instantly thought ah ok, was this land going to end up being the ideal dump site for more. I do believe if he’d have got away with this he’d have struck again. Classic start off flashing, probably done some sex attacks and then Sarah he went further. The kicks he’d have got, there’s no doubt in my mind his cockiness would have continued.

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Oh my god. Every parents absolute worst nightmare!
Unfortunately there are no parents - they were living with the father's ex-girlfriend. Poor, poor little boys.
Those poor little boys - and that footage of the twin looking for his brother, I don't think I'll ever unseen that. Devastating and heartbreaking.

• Sad
  • Heart

Rubyrooroo

He loves the press attention doesn't he? If my wife the mother of my kid had just been murdered in an horrific way, talking to the press on a daily basis wouldn't be top of my agenda. I would be grieving in private.
I did think this...all sounds very suspicious to me. He doesn't seem as devastated as he should be, also flew in by helicopter, like its a show?

• Wow

carriebooboo

VIP Member
Some justice for Bernadette: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...-found-guilty-of-murdering-bernadette-3323724

'Today a unanimous verdict was delivered by the jury, with Scott Walker found guilty of murder.'

'Scott Walker was convicted of murder and two counts of perverting the course of justice, relating to knowing or believing she was dead. The jury were not asked to deliver verdicts on the other two perverting the course of justice counts, as they were ‘alternative’ counts.

No verdicts have been given for the charges against Sarah Walker, and the jury were told that a majority verdict would be acceptable for those counts. This means that a verdict on which at least 10 jurors are agreed can be taken.'

trashfire

tw: multi infanticide

I just came to Tattle and was surprised nobody was talking about the profoundly tragic case of Deirdre Morley - who was just acquitted of smothering her 3 little children on the grounds of insanity (she was diagnosed bipolar type 2 after the incident). I mention it because it's so very rare that the grounds of insanity are accepted, and apparently even the prosecution were open to that verdict throughout? That's a new one, I thought prosecution always aimed for the most negative interpretation of the facts, but then I'm just some uneducated dolt on the internet.

I was just wondering if anybody else knew or had heard any more about this almost unbelievably sad case? I personally can't quite get my head round that at the time she "didn't understand that killing her children was wrong" and "couldn't stop herself from doing it". She will only be held in a mental hospital until the end of May. I mean, I've known people with bipolar - actually diagnosed with it (not that you have to be diagnosed to actually have a bipolar brain, but) and at no point do they become so detached from reality, even at emotionally pressured breaking points. I have my own collection of mental maladies and while I've been in some messed up states, I never failed to understand that hurting and killing other sentient beings was a big no-no. And we're quite certain that someone who we maintain could lose their grip with reality so utterly that she would smother her 3 children she adored to death is definitely not a danger to herself or anyone else? She can just go free now? I mean, I'm guessing she'll be receiving close care and monitoring etc?

I don't know I have just so many questions about this and really thought I'd find no end of forums, threads, news comment sections discussing it. Perhaps I'm missing some key fact that makes the whole thing uncontroversial. And I don't even believe in punitive "justice", I just... wow. The poor father. The poor kids and yes, if the stated facts of the case are to be believed, the poor mother.

• Sad

MissTeddy

VIP Member

something stinks about this.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I wonder if it's a possibility that he'll plead guilty to manslaughter rather than murder as he has admitted to killing her? Could it be the case that he pleads guilty to manslaughter, this gets rejected and they push for a murder trial?
Yes, I think that's what's going to happen - it will just be on what grounds his manslaughter plea is based on.

The prosecution absolutely can reject a manslaughter plea and push ahead with a murder trial. That happens a lot. The important phrase to remember is "as long as there is realistic prospect of conviction". So, for example, someone killed their mother and three psychiatrists said they were acutely psychotic at the time, the prosecution would be mad (no pun intended) to try and go forward with a murder trial, as any jury would be very unlikely to convict. I think the judge also could and would step in to overrule them in such an instance (not sure on that but it makes sense)

Finally explains why it took so long to charge him - they cannot prove cause of death so it's a circumstantial case.

This trial starts tomorrow. Double murder of a mother and daughter. Very curious as to the motive and relationship between the victims and alleged killer.

And this double murder trial starts tomorrow. It has drug related written all over it - shooting in a Range Rover on an industrial estate - but I seem to recall I read somewhere at the time it was down to a dispute between old business partners...?

Good. Fucking scumbags. A genuine case of mistaken identity and, from everything I've read, a truly innocent victim.

Last edited:

50sGirl

VIP Member
I wonder if it was the man who was cleared previously? Or a new DNA match.
This case has always been quite close to my heart.
It says he’s never been arrested before in connection to the case.

I think as more and more people sign up to and submit their DNA to genealogy sites to discover their ancestry then more historical cases will be resolved and that can only be a good thing.