Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Catsontoast

I see police are still searching at this location and that excavation work hasn't even started yet according to the BBC.

I was puzzling over what evidence the documentary film crew could have uncovered - this is a body that potentially has been there for more than 50 years and the police have always refused to search the site due to lack of evidence, even though it has been widely believed that Mary's body could be there.
The Sun are reporting that the crew brought in a cadaver dog and then used radar imaging and that Fred West was known to have carried out building work there around the time of Mary's disappearance. Whatever the truth, the police have clearly taken it seriously to act as they have.

I would hope that the family finally get some answers after all this time but then what comfort would it ever give to know your relative was a victim of the Wests?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

stacelou85

Chatty Member
I did state it’s not an excuse - just simply considering what factors may be involved in the situation. It’s likely to be vastly complex and not as simple as what is reported in the papers. They’ve already misreported that he was Bernadette’s father.
I didn't mean to come across rude, although I know as a mother if my daughter came to me with such information I'd believe her and not send the so called abuser to collect her from her grandparents and then happily go along with the murder of my first born. I think shes vile.

• Heart

Idontknowwhatimdoing

Has anyone been following the case of the murdered police chief in Belize? Jasmine Hartin who the partner of Andrew Ashcroft who owns lots of 5 star properties in Belize (his dad I think is a lord with Tory connections) she is in prison for manslaughter by negligence which carries a much lesser sentence or fine. It’s a very bizarre story

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
funnily enough I did too, @Be More Pacific - to the extent I was following family members on their private Twitter accounts. I went deep on this one too.
Oh, Jesus Lord. You have just reminded me that I *may* 😬 have, whilst digging around on Facebook after their names came out during the trial, have accidentally friend requested a family member of one of them. And I didn't realise until they accepted 😭😳😳😳

Never hit that "unfriend" button so quick in my life! 😅

• Haha

Droosie123

VIP Member
That's assuming she has a conscience. She was grinning and laughing while spewing calculated lies. I get what you say from a legal aspect that it didn't affect the outcome but what about the human aspect. She wasn't covering for bank robbery, it was two children. Two families misery drawn out because of her lies. You're right , she's no Myra hindley but no way can her display and lack of conscience be put down to stupidity and naivety.
And that is a perfect example of why she needs lifelong anonymity. So many people have judged her, and more than a few confuse it with her being equally guilty.

I heard her response when they told her that he was guilty and she was devastated, she was inconsolable for a while. In a total breakdown about what he'd done and how she'd believed him.

She needs anonymity, a battered woman who I hope is in a better place now.

ItsEmmie

Perhaps a little off topic but I thought this article might be of interest: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...he-world-of-amateur-crime-solvers-and-sleuths

It also made me think of our own @BeMorePacific and the tireless research they do. And I wanted to ask: have you BMP ever passed along information you've gathered to the authorities?
I’ve been a member of websleuths for ages and most of the people on there as so amazing they have detailed maps and knowledge i wouldn’t even think about I followed a few cases on there I don’t know how but the can look at cctv cameras on roads and everything! They are better than the police I sometimes think 😂

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Oh just to be clear I’m by no means wanting to instigate a witch hunt, I just think the sheer lack of detail around it is what makes it stand out as SO odd? It feels very, very strange to release a photo and a name with absolutely no further detail - not even victims names (maybe not possible because of their age?) or a rough MO. It’s just very weird, they should have kept the whole thing out the media until they concluded a trial tbh?
Honestly, it's not odd at all - that is absolutely what should happen. No details should come out until the trial. You get a victim name, cause of death (although not always) where and when it happened and then, when the person is charged, their name, age and address. And that's it. I'm not really sure about the rules on photographs - the media take them from Facebook and print them a lot of the time now upon charging but the police don't release their mugshot until they are convicted.

The victims were named early on in the court proceedings but the attempted murder victim's names can't be reported (for obvious reasons)

The media, on the other hand, had a field day when she was first arrested - they named her (not the police, who, quite rightly, didn't name her until she was charged two years later) and trawled her Facebook account, printing photographs of her, her house, her road name and even printed photographs of her reporting for bail back in her home town.

And whether she is found guilty or not guilty, because of them, her life as she knew it was over the first second they did that. Absolute fucking scum they are 😡

I will keep saying it. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial in this county. Everyone, no matter what they have allegedly done.

I find it very strange how they won't release any information, maybe to make it a fair trial. However they don't arrest and keep someone locked up if they didn't have bloody good evidence.
Yes, releasing information, apart from the basics, before a trial is considered highly prejudicial here in the UK (unlike the USA)

And I wouldn't necessarily agree with your second point in her case. It took two years to charge her so I think it's unlikely there is a 'smoking gun' - as I've already said, I'm willing to bet it's more likely to be a circumstantial case based on ruling everyone else out. But sometimes, circumstantial cases can be just as compelling as a case with forensics, DNA, etc. I've watched every episode of Cold Justice! 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Are the parents delusional or do they just not know what is actually going on in their child’s life?
If your child had possession of a large knife he ain’t using it to peel apples. If they don’t know, or at least have a vague idea about their own kid, then there are serious questions to be asked about their parenting.

Was going to agree with @sassmaster3000 above. Plus there are all sorts of societal factors which make young men vulnerable to being groomed by gangs, and gangs are more powerful than mum waiting at home. Any mum waiting at home.

anyho, I’m very interested in the fryant park killings, I hope their mum gets information and justice. Starting to sound like a psychosis of sorts?

• Sad

Sunshinegal

Poor poor bernadette 😢
To think a year ago she was probably working up to telling her mum about the abuse she was suffering. And in doing so, she wasn't believed and was killed for doing that.
I hate to think of how lonely and trapped she must have felt then. And God knows whatever happened to her when she died.
If they loved her at all, they would say where her body is, for the rest of the family, or even as a hint at being sorry.
Breaks my heart, that poor girl.

• Sad
  • Heart

hypoharpy

I watched the Footsteps of killers last night about the lads in chelmsley as i was a postman in chelmsley at that time.

I found it interesting because you never really see programs cover this case very much, i just found the feel of the program odd , it was essentially a murder documentary, but whether it was because emilia fox was doing it they tried to add drama music , plus the interactions between her and Davis Wilson were really odd as if they were acting in a drama.
This. Do they really think we believe Emilia Fox is doing this in depth research ? She couldn't research herself out of a wet paper bag.

• Haha

Its_Me

VIP Member
I can’t find the mugshot on Tiktok, but is this court drawing reflective of it? She must have really fought bless her :(

View attachment 654853
I believe that was where he had banged his head on the wall whilst in custody? Bastard, he really went to the lengths of telling an elaborate lie too. I can see now why the wife may have got caught up in it if he has also told her the same story and she had perhaps conveyed that to the police. If he had scratch marks on him she must have asked where they came from.

• Sad

Be More Pacific

VIP Member

Sussex Police yesterday put out an appeal for two missing teenagers - Marc Williams and Lewis Ashdown. Sounds like they were known to each other. They confirmed Lewis Ashdown was "located safely" later in the day. Sussex Police then announced a murder investigation in the case of Marc Williams.

Today, they have reported a body they believe to be Marc Williams has been found in a field and a 19 year old man has been arrested.

I think we can all guess who that is.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
The Fred and Rose West case has to be one of the worst - those poor children living like that, not to mention their other victims. I’ve never actually read up fully on the whole thing but every time I see snippets it just gets worse!

• Sad

Tots

VIP Member
Obviously what Andrea did was horrific but she was clearly mentally ill and had been suffering for years with on/off treatment combined with extreme religious beliefs. A recipe for disaster https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Yates
Definitely, also her husband was told don’t leave her unsupervised with the children and don’t have any more children.....yet he left her alone for an hour at the start and an hour at the end of each day and got her pregnant within 7 weeks of her discharge....all because he wanted as many children as nature would allow. He didn’t support her at all, she lived in a motor home with 4 kids under the age of 5 before he sorted a house for them to stay in, can you imagine how chaotic that must have been?

• Sad