Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
That’s dreadful. Does anyone know what happened to the surviving west children?
One of them - I want to say Mae but am not sure was on Good Morning Britain a few years ago, they hid her face but not very well. One of the sons went to prison for sex with an underage girl and a couple of them have tried to take their own lives.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I spotted his name on the Old Bailey court listings last night and wondered what was going on as he wasn't due in court again until 9th July.

That heating is still going ahead. I assume he'll be asked to plead to the murder charge then. His QC stated today "Responsibility for the killing is also admitted".

I don’t feel this is good news at all. Will he get a lesser sentence because he’s pled guilty? And what about the murder? It says he hasn’t entered a plea because waiting on medical reports? Is he going for diminished responsibility?
He will get credit for pleading guilty early on the kidnap and rape charges but it's likely to be outweighed by the aggravating factors so will probably work out to be fairly minimal.

It does sound like he could be going for some kind of mental health defence in respect of the murder. The reporting is very limited - the listings do state there's a contempt of court order in place which is likely why.

I am struggling to understand on what basis a mental health defence will work if he's admitted the kidnap and rape with no mental health defence...??

Maybe the 'medial evidence' is to do with Sarah and how she was killed..?

7A71B32E-CB02-4553-B7BC-4CAC4D4E6C93.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s been covered in the other thread so apologies & trigger warning for infant mortality:

Has anyone seen this very odd story about the nurse? Wtf is going on there, it takes a LOT to charge someone doesn’t it so surely there’s some grounds for concern...?!
There's really nothing to say about Lucy Letby, if that's who you're referring to, as any trial isn't going to be until next year unless she pleads guilty beforehand (which I think is very unlikely given how long it took the police to charge her)

I suspect the case will very much be circumstantial - it will probably come down to her shift patterns, when she was on duty, everyone else ruled out, etc etc.

And she is innocent until proven guilty.

I'll be following it with interest though. It's my home town, I was born at that hospital and my mum actually worked in maternity care there for over 35 years. She doesn't know Lucy Letby though so I really have no inside information.

oh the lucy letby’s case? They havent released much on it. So tragic, how can anyone do that?Would be interesting to find out more about her background.
All the information will come out at trial as it absolutely should. This is not the USA thank God.

And again, she is innocent until proven guilty.

• Heart

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
I’ve just read up on Beverly Allit. I recognised the name but had forgotten the crime. Oh my goodness, that woman is the devil. The poor family with the baby twins! She killed one and severely disabled the other 😢
I grew up in this town and knew a few of the kids she’d abused, one of them was the surviving twin you mentioned. What she did was horrific.
There are quite a few interesting articles about her childhood and give some small insight into how she ended up the way she did (not excusable AT ALL, I just find crime psychology very interesting)

• Sad
Not sure if it’s been covered in the other thread so apologies & trigger warning for infant mortality:

Has anyone seen this very odd story about the nurse? Wtf is going on there, it takes a LOT to charge someone doesn’t it so surely there’s some grounds for concern...?!

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Is anymore known about the murder of 14 year old Dea-John Reid on Monday? I saw his mum on tv and it was absolutely heartbreaking to see her grief, I cried not wanting to imagine how she must feel. There’s not much else been on the news but I know they’ve arrested a 13yr old and a man. Sounds like he and his friends were racially abused before the incident too.

• Sad

Tots

VIP Member
It is absolutely nothing like that case. Yates is a psychopath.

Poor Deirdre was not in her right mind at all and every doctor who testified including those for the prosecution arrested to that.
She was not a psychopath, she was very ill for years with her mental health.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
This case still breaks my heart 😢 She was just innocently riding her scooter on Mother’s Day in the park, scooting towards her mum 💔 she was their only child, I often think about how her parents are. They seem like the loveliest people. I don’t know how I could stay living if that happened to my children
i often think that - how on earth do you carry on breathing?

• Sad

Bima6694

I'm sure this was mentioned earlier but if not - 3 people (one 13yo) arrested over the little boy found in a river in Wales. Very odd!

• Sad
Reactions: 10

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member

I wasn't really aware of this story tbh
I was only 12 when it happened so I don't remember it too well at the time, but I'm looking forward to watching it. Colin Stagg's life was ruined because of the way the Met acted.

'Lizzie Jones' life was too effectively. She took early retirement about a year after it happened and was awarded compensation from the Met.

Its_Me

VIP Member
“Teenager, 19, accused of stabbing two sisters, aged 27 and 46, to death in Wembley park 'made pact with demon to "sacrifice" women in return for winning the lottery', murder trial hears”. Dear lord, their poor loved ones having to hear this!
Was this also the murders that the policeman took selfies with the ladies bodys at the scene?

• Sad
  • Angry

Columbo

VIP Member
Is anyone following the case of Noah Donohoe from Belfast? Something is hugely amiss. Noah was 14 years old and went missing last year on the way to meet his friend. He had been seen cycling naked through the city and the police theory was that he’d fallen and hit his head and disregarded his clothes in a disorientated state. After a massive search operation his naked body was found days later in a storm drain. Police claimed drowning as the cause of death and stated no foul play. The family have always been adamant there was more to it and rumours have been flying locally from the start that Noah was murdered.
New info has come out last week that a prisoner has come forward claiming that his cell mate had admitted to abducting and murdering Noah. There seems to be some huge cover up going on.

• Sad

Molly Polly

Poor poor bernadette 😢
To think a year ago she was probably working up to telling her mum about the abuse she was suffering. And in doing so, she wasn't believed and was killed for doing that.
I hate to think of how lonely and trapped she must have felt then. And God knows whatever happened to her when she died.
If they loved her at all, they would say where her body is, for the rest of the family, or even as a hint at being sorry.
Breaks my heart, that poor girl.
When I read about Bernadette I must admit I had a cry. I cried because of the courage of finally being able to tell someone (her mum) and the abuse she had to endure and then not being believed and then murdered. RIP Bernadette xxx

• Sad
  • Heart

Its_Me

VIP Member
No trial, they can proceed directly to sentencing now. Assuming he has also accepted the factual version of events put forward by the prosecution, otherwise he can plead guilty but dispute the facts on a Basis of Plea, but that isn't a full trial.
I don’t feel this is good news at all. Will he get a lesser sentence because he’s pled guilty? And what about the murder? It says he hasn’t entered a plea because waiting on medical reports? Is he going for diminished responsibility?

Damita

I am glad to see other people find the story of Fatuma Kadir really odd.

Anyone on social media questioning the official line is instantly shouted down as racist but I'm sorry, the idea of an eleven-year-old travelling alone on multiple trains with a "substantial" amount of money because she had dreams of starting a clothing business near Tower Bridge is one of the most bizarre, unlikely things I've ever heard.

And I remember being a kid well enough to know that children don't half get some funny ideas in their heads and do crazy, unpredictable things but absolutely nothing about the official line is believable at all and I've been aghast at the way people on certain other platforms don't want to think critically for even a moment, let alone that people have believed the story without thinking twice. Yikes.