Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Wasn’t sure which thread to post this in but has anyone else seen this story today? I was reluctant to post a link to be honest because of the way it’s being reported on in the media - this little girl is a child who has been raped, not someone who needs the title of “youngest mum”.

I seen this too!!! I didn’t know the full story! It’s shocking how it’s being reported I’m sure the last thing she wants is to have it plastered all over the media. I hope she’s well supported.

Reactions: 13

Treesy19

VIP Member
Didn’t Maxine Carr slip up though when appearing on a news interview by referring to one of the girls in the past tense? It’s a huge red flag saying was rather than is about a little girl who has just gone missing a few days before. She knew they were dead and he was involved.

• Sad

Treesy19

VIP Member
Not surprised either, that story didn’t make any sense. Unbelievable to murder the woman but leave the man, the witness, alive and well. That poor poor little girl. Hope he rots and had the toughest time in prison.

There may also be a history of abusive behaviour toward sex workers but I very much doubt there are other murders.
Can’t believe it’s nearly 1am and I’m about to write a comment out that’s going to really freak me out. Content warnings VAWG, SW, murder:

What really alarms me is that story re: Eastern European gang. It suggests some level of familiarity with the local sex trade, and realistically undocumented and/or trafficked sex workers. It would be very easy for him to exploit his police status to terrify those women into silence, or worse do similar in that he was “arresting” them only to take them off to his land and do the very worst.

If no one knows they’re in the country then no authority will ever flag they’re missing, a pimp won’t go to the police and say yes this girl I’m exploiting for my own financial gain is now missing, and other girls likely lied to or too scared to raise alarm themselves. There was a ch4 documentary on this and trafficked women are made to feel absolutely terrified of the police and live in fear of being deported.

It’s the perfect storm for someone like him to operate. In that sense it reminds me of John Worboys and how black cab drivers are sort of pillar of the community/trusted sources so he was assumed to be an upstanding bloke whenever he had any close encounters with the police (of which there were a handful iirc?) and similarly, women were disarmed and relaxed when they entered his vehicle so did accept champagne and didn’t think it was him if they’d realised they had been assaulted the night before.

It’s seriously chilling stuff 😔

• Sad

Damita

What I want to know is what's led to the huge increase in people stabbing other human beings like it's nothing. Because it isn't just idiotic young people, it seems to be across all age groups although the majority is young men in their late teens/early 20s.

What's changed for someone to go from a regular silly argument to deciding to stab someone? Until that's addressed, nothing will change.

TheOpposite

How street wise is this child? I can’t imagine travelling to a big city, by myself at night, at the age of 11. I doubt I would have the money or the knowledge to buy train tickets, let alone get to the station by myself (unless it was a short walk away?). And wanting to go to London to start a business? Where is she planning to live? With what funds?

And since the Philpots, I’m instantly suspicious when parents make televised appeals.

This is a very strange case.

I am!!! I am so sorry. I’ve only seen the photo once and it scared me then! Happily delete my post, I’m so sorry.
Oh my love don’t apologise it’s an easy mistake to make! Ch4 news ran his mug shot and it’s in the mail today, I’m putting it behind a spoiler because I don’t think he deserves the attention or notoriety and as always RIP Sarah xx

5D65ACFF-97C1-4486-8EDE-8A192D5B736B.png

A weird thing to speculate on so apologies but does anyone else think surely this can’t have been his first murder? I get that he worked for the police so would know how to be forensically deceptive but just struggle to believe you could go from nothing to everything I read yesterday, renting a car out and covering it in plastic etc etc?!

kev1974

VIP Member
Also very interested in this case. As nurses we document literally everything we do, get drugs double signed (especially in paediatrics!!) and have to remember / reflect / document all sorts of events. I fear that one day a police officer will turn up and ask me something like “you wrote on one label the insulin was given at 1700, yet another label said 1710. What happened in those 10minutes on that shift that wasn’t actually on your rota because you were called in to cover last minute 5 years ago?!”. Odd one as almost everything we do in a hospital environment is noticed / monitored / double checked. On a ward you aren’t alone often. Cases like Beverly Allitt have ensured there are strict protocols in place.

I’m also always shocked at the difference in UK and USA reporting / releases. In the USA you will see images of the crime scene, know exactly what brand of socks the victim was wearing and hear all the awful details. Quite bizarre.
Yup when I spent a couple of weeks in Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge last year the nurses all had these iphone-like devices that they used to record data and pictures *all the time*. Every time i was given pills or drips etc my wrist band barcode was scanned first. They could also use normal phones to log in and add photos of my injury to my records. You could then see every detail that had been noted or recorded on the bigger computers around the place. Very good system, they must have a ton of data on me!

Lovestolurk

VIP Member
Unfortunately there are no parents - they were living with the father's ex-girlfriend. Poor, poor little boys.
Those poor little boys - and that footage of the twin looking for his brother, I don't think I'll ever unseen that. Devastating and heartbreaking.
Yes I kept sobbing yesterday thinking about it. So harrowing. It doesn’t sound like these poor boys have had an easy/stable life. I get the impression this is something to do with owed money/drugs. The 18 year old living with them knew the murderer.

Does it say the guy isnt being charged with murder ?? surely its obvious what he did he is on camera taking the child and then trying to get his twin , if this isnt a classic death sentence i dont know what is i would happily see it back in this country for nailed on crimes like this, if you have this in you then you cant be rehabilitated, if you lake empathy how do you rehabilitate them , let them out they do it again only get better at not getting caught at least america has it right with full proper life sentences
I guess if this is to do with drugs/money/revenge the kidnapper could be part of a gang and he’s saying someone else in the gang killed the poor boy.

America doesn’t have anything right tbh. So much poverty, crime, addiction. Why were those boys so lost in the system that they weren’t even living with their legal guardian and their own mother couldn’t locate them. I know we have some deplorable incidents in the U.K. and social services often drop the ball. But they don’t even seem to have a safety net set up there for children to slip through.

Last edited:

AlanBanan

VIP Member
AND rose murdered one of his kids. Red handed and rotten mango do multi episodes on these sick animals they go into great detail🤢 yes he was a disgusting man and she was even worse
I read a book about Fred and Rose. He wouldn’t allow the girls to wear sanitary towels or tampons during their periods and wouldn’t even allow them to wear knickers during them neither as he wanted them bleed freely and it disgusts me that even during the most intimate moments they weren’t given a moment of privacy or decency from their parents.

Edit: I found the book online and here’s the exact quote.
709305BE-F091-4FD6-B7D7-FFACD14F8233.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member

Does this mean this piece of shit no longer goes to trial?

I hope this brings her family peace and means they don't have to go through more pain a trial would bring

But it feels like the bastard is getting away with it.
No trial, they can proceed directly to sentencing now. Assuming he has also accepted the factual version of events put forward by the prosecution, otherwise he can plead guilty but dispute the facts on a Basis of Plea, but that isn't a full trial.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
It’s easy for me being me to say but if you’re in an abusive relationship that’s that bad you don’t see a way out, surely the murder of 2 little girls would be it.

They spoke about this on the podcast, there was a few things she did like spoke about Holly and Jessica in the past tense as well as telling a very elaborate story that was apparently very animated.
You're assuming she knew about the murders...

And I don't remember her story being that elaborate - she just said she was in the bath 🤷🏻‍♀️
With respect you don't know anything about her conscience yet you state below

Maxine Carr must live with that for the rest of her life and you don’t need to be in a prison to feel that kind of guilt

How do you know she is living with a heavy burden of guilt.

I'll leave it at that.
I didn't exactly say she was - more that she should be.

But I will tell you something. On the night of the verdicts, or maybe it was the night after, the BBC did a special programme about the case and it included an audio tape recording of Maxine Carr being told by the police that they had found the burned football shirts. She let out what can only be described as this wail and was absolutely inconsolable, sobbing "it can't have been" over and over. I've never heard it since but I have never forgotten it. I honestly don't think you can fake that sort of reaction.

You probably do, as you seem to think she's some kind of sociopath, but I don't.

Anyway, I will leave it there. I was far too obsessed with the case, and in particular the trial, at the time, to the point where I talked about it endlessly and my ex was quite concerned about me especially after he woke me up one morning and I thought he was Huntley, who I'd been dreaming that I'd gone to visit in prison 😱 And I feel like I've regressed sixteen years arguing the case for Maxine Carr. It's just not healthy.

Last edited:
  • Sad

MissTeddy

VIP Member
This is a grim grim case. Poor little boy.
There are so many cases of boyfriends and so called step-fathers who injury, abuse and murder the children whose families they come into. I don't understand how any mother could remain with a man who was cruel or violent to their child.

He looks like a lovely little boy.

Clojo92

I'm assuming they are being tried as juveniles and not adults? because this screams to me that they should be tried as adults. They knew exactly what they were doing and what the potential outcomes would be.

Treesy19

VIP Member
If you type into Facebook ‘Jay Cole’ the step fathers profile is there, with picture ect and a link into the mums profile via their relationship status. It’s extremely sad for Logan, and I hope whoever is responsible for his death and the the cover up to be massively punished. It’s just awful 🥺
She’s in a wedding dress in a photo posted Jan 2019. Moved pretty quick to this Jay. Looks like new baby early 2020.

The stuff of Jeremy Kyle calibre ☹

Rubyrooroo

I watched a documentary about what happened to Milly Dowler, absolutely heartbreaking, and of course equally as bad to the other poor victim's to Levi Bellfield. Piece of shit.

• Sad

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
Poor Logan’s case reminds me of Mikaael Kular. His mother did the frantic looking for him and calling the police.

• Sad