Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Its_Me

VIP Member
What a tragic story, and I’m assuming it’ll be worse once the details come out.

My first thought was that a parent/parents have harmed him and had taken him there to make it look like an accident? I can’t think why a 13 year old would have been arrested, part of the process maybe? It’s probably wrong to speculate but I can’t get my head around it.
See I was thinking the other way around. The 13 year old has harmed him and the adults have covered it up? I can’t imagine a 13 year old being arrested as part of the process unless there was something sinister can you?

Reactions: 16

Damita

Glad they've been found guilty. I've been following this case and couldn't believe what I was reading when the attackers text messages were published. This is cold blooded murder and as young as they are I want them to feel the full force of the law. I'm sick of how soft on crime the UK has become.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but has anybody been following the Manchester Arena Inquiry? They’ve just released the first report looking at security, and more recently they’ve been covering the emergency services response. Absolutely no one comes out of it well. Not the police (who weren’t even where they’d been told to patrol as the concert ended… and had taken excessively long meal breaks), not the ambulance service (most of whom didn’t go anywhere near the bomb scene) and not the fire service (who didn’t attend at all for the first two hours). It’s so shocking to see what a mess it was.

John Atkinson bled to death, and I think the inquiry will eventually conclude that his injuries were survivable, if only he’d been extricated from the scene earlier.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Not Murder but once again vile grooming etc.

I saw that story on the Mail earlier on, but no way am I going to read it. I don't even want to imagine what that poor child went through. My God, how is she ever going to be able to grow up have a normal life after what she's gone though? :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 15

hypoharpy

The case in Greece with Caroline Crouch sounds so bad. Why wasn't her husband killed? If you kill one wouldn't you kill the other to stop them talking about what happened? It doesn't make sense.

How long had they been together? I ask as it is very creepy a guy in his mid 30s married a teenager and got her pregnant.
Glad I'm not the only one having a weird feeling about this .

• Heart

Reverend

VIP Member
Totally off topic, but I am so pleased to come across another Murder, She Wrote fan :D Jessica Flecther is my heroine, I've seen every episode a million times!
My gf is a massive fan too, but I've come to conclusion that Jessica Fletcher is a mass murderer and hypnotises people into confessing what she has done.

• Haha

Very traditional

VIP Member

'Bernadette, a ‘socially awkward’ teenager whose friendships were generally limited to people she had met only on social media, was reported missing on July 21 by her mother, who had ten children by seven men.'
Jesus that's horrific. I thought it was bad enough when it was the poor girls actual father and her mother had done that but to read it was her stepfather and that her mother wasn't even still in a relationship with him yet helped him cover up her daughters sexual abuse and then murder is obscene.

• Sad
  • Wow
Vicky Hall was 5 years above me in the other high school in Felixstowe. She was the same age as my sister so I can give some very local background.

Band box to trimley (faulkeners wagl) where Vicky went missing is about an hours walk, possibly more. It's up some steep hills. The murder rocked the town of Felixstowe at the time and everyone that lived in the town were shocked.

Felixstowe is a funny town, everyone knows everyone else. You have connections that you don't realise until something like this happens.

Where Vicky was found was a very small village that even people local to it didn't really know where it was. We often speculated that the person who did it was likely to know the roads of suffolk well.

Steve wright was local to Felixstowe when she went missing. His girlfriend worked at the bingo hall. I thought he had been eliminated already.

I worked in Ipswich when Steve wright was killing. It was an eerie feeling for a town like Ipswich as crime is really low usually.

I have always hoped the perpetrator would be caught and am intrigued about what new evidence has been found. I really hope the police have evidence to charge.

Any more info I can always reply

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I’ve been really interested in this case. I’ve wondered if there was abuse by the Dad to Bernadette. I really hope she gets justice and that her body is found so she can be laid to rest.
You were right.

• Sad
  • Wow

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Perhaps a little off topic but I thought this article might be of interest: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...he-world-of-amateur-crime-solvers-and-sleuths

It also made me think of our own @BeMorePacific and the tireless research they do. And I wanted to ask: have you BMP ever passed along information you've gathered to the authorities?
Oh my life, no 🤣 I don't think I 'discover' anything really - it's purely just for my own nosiness. Although I fully support the way we do things here, sometimes, a case piques my interest so much, I can't wait until trial and I just have to try and work it out for myself. That's what interests me - not really the 'how' people have been killed but who by, did they know each other, what was their relationship and why? I share some things I find on here but I wouldn't call myself a WebSleuth by any means - those guys go really deep!

Couple of trials starting tomorrow:

Nicole Smallman & Bibaa Henry - the two sisters murdered in a park by a apparent stranger. This is the case the Met have been in trouble over a couple of officers taking selfies with the dead bodies.

Sarah Clayton - I've talked about this one before on here. She was found dead in a tent at a campsite. Her fiancé of a few weeks was arrested then nothing happened for two and a half years (she remained on my unsolved list waiting for an inquest as I suspected it was a drug overdose as her life was very chaotic judging by Facebook) then, out of the blue, he was charged with her murder. His new Facebook profile, at the time of his arrest shows him with a new woman, and what appears to be a tattoo of Sarah Clayton on his chest. Looks like there are reporting restrictions in place but I will be following this one closely.

8278AC61-7343-4D3E-ABCA-68278399CDC2.jpeg

There are a couple of others of interest due to start later in the week. I'll post details when I know they are definitely going ahead.

• Heart

Spider12

VIP Member
Looks like Callum Wheeler is going to try and use a mental health defence 😒

Trial has been set for 29th November.

Julia James' case, if there was no sexual assault, really reminds me of Peter Wrighton, who was murdered in Norfolk. Now that young man probably did have a legitimate mental health defence but his legal team didn't go down that route and I never really understood why 🤷🏻‍♀️

Slightly off topic but Alexander Palmer's e-fit is more like a photograph. One of the best likenesses I've seen.

View attachment 572306
Just followed this link and read article on the Julia James murder. That poor woman, ‘extremely violent’ attack, possibly with an iron bar. It says possibly a random attack too. A mum, wife, grandmother, friend, just out walking her dog 😢 absolute scum of the earth anyone that could do this to another human being

• Sad

carriebooboo

VIP Member
He's plead guilty to murder: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/09/wayne-couzens-pleads-guilty-murdering-sarah-everard

"When arrested, Couzens admitted taking Everard, but initially denied her murder.

In a bizarre story comprised of lies, he claimed he had kidnapped Everard and then as he was driving through Kent, pulled over when his vehicle was flashed by an east European gang. He claimed they were threatening him and his family after he had underpaid for a prostitute the gang controlled and met at a Folkestone hotel weeks earlier"

The DM has a good breakdown: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-48-pleads-guilty-Sarah-Everards-murder.html

'Police established that WC and his wife purchased a small area of land in 2019.

'The woodland is off Fridd Lane in Ashford. This together with the phone data which will be briefly summarised, led to the area being designated as a crime scene.

'At about 16.45 on 10 March 2021 a body was discovered approximately 100 meters away from the area owned by WC. The body was in a large green builders’ bag and deposited in a stream. As referred to, dental records have confirmed that this is the body of SE.'

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

super grateful

Honestly, it's not odd at all - that is absolutely what should happen. No details should come out until the trial. You get a victim name, cause of death (although not always) where and when it happened and then, when the person is charged, their name, age and address. And that's it. I'm not really sure about the rules on photographs - the media take them from Facebook and print them a lot of the time now upon charging but the police don't release their mugshot until they are convicted.

The victims were named early on in the court proceedings but the attempted murder victim's names can't be reported (for obvious reasons)

The media, on the other hand, had a field day when she was first arrested - they named her (not the police, who, quite rightly, didn't name her until she was charged two years later) and trawled her Facebook account, printing photographs of her, her house, her road name and even printed photographs of her reporting for bail back in her home town.

And whether she is found guilty or not guilty, because of them, her life as she knew it was over the first second they did that. Absolute fucking scum they are 😡

I will keep saying it. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial in this county. Everyone, no matter what they have allegedly done.

Yes, releasing information, apart from the basics, before a trial is considered highly prejudicial here in the UK (unlike the USA)

And I wouldn't necessarily agree with your second point in her case. It took two years to charge her so I think it's unlikely there is a 'smoking gun' - as I've already said, I'm willing to bet it's more likely to be a circumstantial case based on ruling everyone else out. But sometimes, circumstantial cases can be just as compelling as a case with forensics, DNA, etc. I've watched every episode of Cold Justice! 😂
Also very interested in this case. As nurses we document literally everything we do, get drugs double signed (especially in paediatrics!!) and have to remember / reflect / document all sorts of events. I fear that one day a police officer will turn up and ask me something like “you wrote on one label the insulin was given at 1700, yet another label said 1710. What happened in those 10minutes on that shift that wasn’t actually on your rota because you were called in to cover last minute 5 years ago?!”. Odd one as almost everything we do in a hospital environment is noticed / monitored / double checked. On a ward you aren’t alone often. Cases like Beverly Allitt have ensured there are strict protocols in place.

I’m also always shocked at the difference in UK and USA reporting / releases. In the USA you will see images of the crime scene, know exactly what brand of socks the victim was wearing and hear all the awful details. Quite bizarre.

PrincessP

Chatty Member
Has anyone heard this story? This lady went missing with her two kids this year. She was from Bristol and they found her in Glasgow. I know someone working on the case and they found her and one of the daughters dead (daughter was buried under the floor board I believe) and the oldest daughter who was about 5 playing in the garden. God knows what he was planning to do to her.
Edited to add she went to meet a man who murdered them

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Unsurprising really. I think that's what the hearing earlier in the week was about - that he was planning to plead guilty.

Even with an early guilty plea, there are so many aggravating factors here, I reckon he's still looking at 30+ years.

The sexually motivated, kidnap, rape and murder of a young woman by a serving police officer. Doesn't really get much worse than that in terms of breach of a position of trust.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart