Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Is anymore known about the murder of 14 year old Dea-Johns Reid on Monday? I saw his mum on tv and it was absolutely heartbreaking to see her grief, I cried not wanting to imagine how she must feel. There’s not much else been on the news but I know they’ve arrested a 13yr old and a man. Sounds like he and his friends were racially abused before the incident too.
Nobody deserves to be murdered especially a 14 year old boy but unfortunately dea John was not the innocent little victim his mother and the media are portraying him to be. He had robbed another kid at knifepoint and bragged about it on Snapchat so the kids family took matters into their own hands and unfortunately ended up in a killing. Waste of many lives. Some people are trying to compare it to the murder of Stephen Lawrence which annoys me as it is not comparable I’m afraid.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Kmacg

The media know, that’s why he got so much coverage. They ALWAYS know, they were just giving him enough rope to hang himself. Bastard.
You know what thats a fantastic point. A local one to me was the Philpots in Derby who killed their 6 kids in a fire, the media pinned it on them immedietly but kept quiet until they were arrested!

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
What I want to know is what's led to the huge increase in people stabbing other human beings like it's nothing. Because it isn't just idiotic young people, it seems to be across all age groups although the majority is young men in their late teens/early 20s.

What's changed for someone to go from a regular silly argument to deciding to stab someone? Until that's addressed, nothing will change.
Broken homes, poverty, feral kids left to their own devices, getting involved with gangs, drugs, the lure of easy money, huge influence of culture from the USA, running around acting and talking like they're gangsters, tit for tat killings, perceived respect. That's what I see on social media and in the trials I follow.

And no, I don't know what the answer is.

But you're right, it is across all age groups now. I don't think I'm wrong in thinking a lot of men (because it is mainly men) take a knife out with them now on a night out.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Nobody deserves to be murdered especially a 14 year old boy but unfortunately dea John was not the innocent little victim his mother and the media are portraying him to be. He had robbed another kid at knifepoint and bragged about it on Snapchat so the kids family took matters into their own hands and unfortunately ended up in a killing. Waste of many lives. Some people are trying to compare it to the murder of Stephen Lawrence which annoys me as it is not comparable I’m afraid.
Not surprised at all. As I said on another thread, truly innocent victims are rare. And, unfortunately, most of these parents are fucking delusional. How many more times are we going to hear "he was always such a good boy, he loved his nan and went to church every Sunday" blah blah blah trotted out and then you see pictures of them on social media making the stupid 'gang' signs, addressing everyone as "my G" <sigh> and holding a knife or a gun? That photograph in your post is horrible. And I'm not just talking about black victims before anyone jumps on me. I see it across the spectrum.

This is the second case of a black teenager murdered in Birmingham recently (can't remember the name of the first lad - sorry) which has received major national coverage - and I mean main TV news coverage, which is very rare these days - whereas teenagers of all races get killed seemingly every day in London and no one gives a shit....? I don't get it 🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel I’d defo have good natter with you! Whenever I’ve discussed a case with anybody I know they don’t seem that interested and the conversation just evaporates to something else - whereas I like to find loads out and dissect the case. This thread has opened more flood gates open, hadn’t seen coverage of some.
I have to come on here to get it all out as the OH's eyes just glaze over when I start 😂 Occasionally, he'll be interested but, for the most part, not so much so feel free to natter away any time 😁

I watch a lot of USA real life crime TV shows (far too many) and I know people are fascinated with the Chris Watts' and Lori Daybell's of this world but I think some of the most interesting/dreadful/mind blowing cases happen right here and don't get the coverage they deserve so that's why I share some of the cases that I'm following.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

kev1974

VIP Member
Oh my god that poor darling boy.😢Terrible injuries.😢😢
Yup more details emerging in the Mail as well.

These two are going to need some good protection in prison.

Also mentions that they frequently used the river as a fly tip. Imagine dumping your recently killed son where you routinely dump your other rubbish. Absolutely callous.

Maybe the arrest of the other boy is just the swiftest and most effective way to get him into appropriate levels of care and separation from these monsters.

:mad:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

Guilty for sure. How would a three year old girl be able to describe such things to her parents if it wasn't true and what was seen on the 250 hours of CCTV footage obviously showed enough for it to get this far. He will be looking at a very long sentence.
Heart breaking. What a smart abs brave little girl who never ever should have been put in that position.

Nearly a decade ago I worked in a call centre during uni. We knew all our calls were recorded & that 3 random calls a day would be assessed for QA / compliance (we took a lot of government agency jobs subcontracted out to us). Which meant you conducted every single call properly / well. Why on earth did this nursery not spot check 3 nappy changes per day remotely? What is the point in CCTV if no one is monitoring it until he’s got a double digit victim count?!

This fills me with dread as a mummy. I know this is vile of me but I hope he’s killed in prison tbh.

• Angry

Spillit2356

Is anyone following the case of Noah Donohoe from Belfast? Something is hugely amiss. Noah was 14 years old and went missing last year on the way to meet his friend. He had been seen cycling naked through the city and the police theory was that he’d fallen and hit his head and disregarded his clothes in a disorientated state. After a massive search operation his naked body was found days later in a storm drain. Police claimed drowning as the cause of death and stated no foul play. The family have always been adamant there was more to it and rumours have been flying locally from the start that Noah was murdered.
New info has come out last week that a prisoner has come forward claiming that his cell mate had admitted to abducting and murdering Noah. There seems to be some huge cover up going on.
I can't fathom how this case hasn't been on every news outlet, how this case has been handled and silenced is nothing short of shocking and extremely questionable. How is there no CCTV footage in public areas of Noah? How does the body of a naked teenage boy be found in a locked storm drain be almost immediately declared as "no foul play" . None of it makes sense and it stinks to high heaven!

• Wow
  • Heart
The Bradford grooming victim.. It happened over a period of 7 years between 2003 and 2010, so she would be 30/31 now. I hope she is getting has been getting the help and support she needs. Those men are scum of the earth.

I also think sonwthing about the husband in the Caroline Crouch case doesn't sit right. When I saw the first news story about it, I was reminded of that Shrien and Anni Dewani case.

Dipdab

VIP Member

Knew it!
Think we all had a suspicion it was him! The story just didn’t add up. Alarm bells rang for me when I worked out the age difference and how long they and been together etc. She was so young, sounds like he preyed on and manipulated her. What an evil evil man 😠

Smallpotato

VIP Member
There was a photo of his mugshot circulating on tiktok. His face and neck was scratched to pieces, bite marks everywhere etc. She was terrified, but she gave a bloody good fight.

• Sad
  • Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
What an awful story. She was completely failed by her mum who should have helped her, not helped her abuser 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 16

TheOpposite

Oh my god that poor darling boy.😢Terrible injuries.😢😢
And his mother’s first instinct was to help cover up his murder. I don’t get these women, what is it? Low self esteem? How can you choose a man over your child?

Smellycat18

The case in Greece with Caroline Crouch sounds so bad. Why wasn't her husband killed? If you kill one wouldn't you kill the other to stop them talking about what happened? It doesn't make sense.

How long had they been together? I ask as it is very creepy a guy in his mid 30s married a teenager and got her pregnant.
I must admit I did wonder about the husband on both points you mentioned 👀. Maybe I’m too cynical.

Such a young woman, such an awful end to an all-too-short life

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
(I've not worked out how to do links on my tablet sorry )

BBC say that Colin Pitchfork who was the first person to be convicted using DNA, can now be released.
the UK: We need to do more to prevent violence against women.

Also the UK: Let us release a man who raped and murdered two girls.

The parole board needs disbanding and a new system in place.

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
The 21 year old that has been charged with the murder of Julia James in Kent is that guy who was photographed on the dash cam, that police were appealing for days ago. From the same village. RIP poor lady.

• Sad