Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spider12

VIP Member
Poor Sarah 😢 the last moments of her life must have been just sheer terror for her. That selfish bastard has ruined not only her life, but her family and her friends and that of his own children. Controversial of me to say and I might get flack for saying it but to me he is a complete waste of oxygen and doesn’t deserve to live. As we dont do capital punishment here, a close second would be that be spends the rest of his life utterly miserable in prison 🤬 which I’m sure he will

• Sad
Reactions: 22
There's really nothing to say about Lucy Letby, if that's who you're referring to, as any trial isn't going to be until next year unless she pleads guilty beforehand (which I think is very unlikely given how long it took the police to charge her)

I suspect the case will very much be circumstantial - it will probably come down to her shift patterns, when she was on duty, everyone else ruled out, etc etc.

And she is innocent until proven guilty.

I'll be following it with interest though. It's my home town, I was born at that hospital and my mum actually worked in maternity care there for over 35 years. She doesn't know Lucy Letby though so I really have no inside information.

All the information will come out at trial as it absolutely should. This is not the USA thank God.

And again, she is innocent until proven guilty.
Oh just to be clear I’m by no means wanting to instigate a witch hunt, I just think the sheer lack of detail around it is what makes it stand out as SO odd? It feels very, very strange to release a photo and a name with absolutely no further detail - not even victims names (maybe not possible because of their age?) or a rough MO. It’s just very weird, they should have kept the whole thing out the media until they concluded a trial tbh?

Reactions: 21

Spider12

VIP Member
There was also 7 year old Emily Jones who was killed by a schizophrenic woman whilst riding her scooter in the park
This case still breaks my heart 😢 She was just innocently riding her scooter on Mother’s Day in the park, scooting towards her mum 💔 she was their only child, I often think about how her parents are. They seem like the loveliest people. I don’t know how I could stay living if that happened to my children

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I find it so bizarre (and disgusting obviously) when things like this are reported. This girl was raped and impregnated by the rapist. How on Earth is that a news story and how did it even get out? It should be completely confidential (I have no doubt plenty of 11 year old rape victims have given birth, but we should never know about it)

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Beyondthebrink

I don't believe that he feels guilty. Sorry that he got caught, perhaps. The amount of premeditation leading up to Sarah's murder makes me think he'd have gone on to kill more women.

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Saw this on Facebook about olly.

Yesterday's update on Olly's case

This isn't a nice read

A schoolboy sent a sickening voice note bragging about killing a 13-year-old boy hours after he was fatally stabbed, while another claimed it was the 'biggest mistake of my life' in messages seen by a court today.

Oliver Stephens, known as Olly, was killed at Bugs Bottom field near Reading, Berkshire, on January 3 after being lured to the park, jurors were told.

His alleged attackers were said to have left Olly with stab wounds to the chest and back after a short scuffle.

Two boys, who are now 14, were charged with his murder and are on trial at Reading Crown Court. They deny the charge.

Today the court heard that after dumping their bloodstained clothes on a railway track following Olly's killing, Boy B, who has already admitted manslaughter, created a chilling voice note.

He said: 'Boy it was me and my boy innit. I started slapping him up and then my boy backed out and then f****** shanked him.'

In a later voice note, the jury heard how Boy B wasn't sure whether Olly had been murdered before indicating that he was 'trying to go around the longest way' to avoid the police.

Prosecutor Ms Morgan said: 'There is no trace of remorse. No trace of any surprise that Olly might have been murdered.

'Boy B went on to express what appears to be excitement about being wanted by the police and the news coverage of what was going on.'

The 14-year-old defendant also suggested that he was being chased by armed police officers and was trying to get back to his home, the prosecutor added.

Meanwhile on the evening of Olly's death, the then 13-year-old Boy A was scouring the internet for Press coverage of the attack, searching for 'stabbing in emmer green' and 'stabbing in Reading.'

In a shocking set of messages, a schoolgirl friend messaged Boy A asking: 'Did you kill olly - why would you do that?'

In response, the teenage boy replied: 'It was the biggest mistake of my life.' In other messages, Boy A said that he was sorry and claimed the attack was out of 'pure anger.'

Additionally, Boy A said: 'No I did not plan to f**king kill him.....I didn't mean too....I just saw red....I couldn't help myself.'

Today, the jury heard how Boy B mocked Olly in a voice note after his brutal murder, suggesting that Olly's girlfriend 'bends over for me 24/7.'

Ms Morgan said: 'Boy B had been suggesting to Olly that the girl had been having sex with him in order to upset Olly or that the girl was desperate to please Boy B.

'Bearing in mind that by this time Boy B must well have known that Olly Stephens had been killed, this message showed complete disregard for the consequences of his actions.'

The court heard that later on that evening, the 14-year-old Boy B deleted 57 images and 15 video files that linked him to what happened on January 3, which included an image of him holding a knife in his hand.

It was also heard that a schoolgirl who had lured Olly to the park where he was ambushed had told him to wear sliders and sent his attackers a voicenote saying she was 'kind of scared'.

Prosecutors today suggested Olly would not have worn such casual footwear if he knew what he was walking into.

The girl, now also 14, and the older one of the two boys on trial have both admitted manslaughter.

None of the three can be named for legal reasons.

Today, the court was told about the final moments before the attack took place.

Alison Morgan QC, prosecuting, told how the girl sent a voice message to one of the boys before meeting up with them, saying: 'Kind of scared, not going to lie.'

Ms Morgan said: 'This shows she knew of the enormity of what was about to happen.'

It was alleged both the boys were wearing mostly black clothing as they approached the scene as part of a 'group' with the girl and three other male friends.

The court heard that Olly left his house wearing sliders footwear to meet up with the girl, who had been messaging him to do so.

Ms Morgan said: 'It should be considered that had he thought something was going to happen by the way of an organised fight or conflict, whether he would have worn such shoes.

'He had no idea he was unknowingly walking into an ambush.'

Jurors were then told of a witness statement from a woman who was at the scene.

It was said the woman could hear Olly shouting, swearing and 'gesticulating' towards the boys.

Ms Morgan said: 'She described some kind of confrontation in which a boy in black could be seen swinging his arms in a clenched fist at Olly.

'Olly then retaliated with a fist coming back at the boy, which was more of an uppercut.

'The boy then swung back at Olly, making contact with the right side of his face.'

The witness statement described Olly's body moving around, while his face was 'crinkled up and grimacing'.

Ms Morgan said: 'She then heard a metallic sound as if metal hit something hard, and the fight just stopped and everyone disappeared.'

The jurors were told that Olly did not appear to realise he had been stabbed.

The two defendants, the girl and two of the boys with them 'fled the scene', the court heard.

Ms Morgan added: 'Olly could be seen staggering around and almost walked into (the witness).

'She thought that he had taken drugs or had been drinking.'

Olly then began 'floundering around' before falling to the ground, the court heard.

Ms Morgan went on to say of the witness: 'She could see blood coming from his chest and heard sucking sounds, which she knew was not a good sound as air was not getting into Olly's lungs.

'She noticed the shock was setting in and knew he was in cardiac arrest and began CPR on him.

'During this time Olly said nothing that was distinguishable.'

Emergency services were called but Olly had become 'unresponsive' and was 'not breathing', with blood on his mouth and neck.

The jurors were told that paramedics worked to save his life for 30 minutes before he died in an ambulance.

Another witness, who saw the teenagers leaving the scene, said in a statement the girl kept looking back behind her shoulder and appeared to be 'arrogant', the court heard.

Ms Morgan told the court: 'This was not an accident, this was a deliberate attack in which stab wounds were fatally inflicted on Olly Stephens' body.'

The court had previously heard that Olly was 'lured' to the park, before he was stabbed to death.

Both alleged attackers were said to have had 'grievances' with Olly for 'snaking' (deceiving) them, while the girl is said to have described any violence against the boy as 'karma' in the run-up to his death.

The trial is being held in special circumstances, with counsel removing their wigs and gowns due to the defendants' ages.

The younger boy also denies two counts of perverting the course of justice.

The older boy denies one charge of the same offence, and has pleaded guilty to another.

The trial at Reading Crown Court was adjourned until tomorrow.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

He loves the press attention doesn't he? If my wife the mother of my kid had just been murdered in an horrific way, talking to the press on a daily basis wouldn't be top of my agenda. I would be grieving in private.

• Heart

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Not only did he kill poor Caroline but killed their dog clearly. Their poor baby. Rest in peace Caroline.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

Its_Me

VIP Member
Personally I would be surprised if WC had committed other murders but I think there’s probably been stuff like sexual assaults on sex workers and the Eastern European gang story may not be entirely untrue. Not the part about them asking him to deliver a girl but I expect he’s perhaps had run ins at brothels with pimps etc. We also only know about the flashing incidents that are being investigated. There’s probably a lot more that went unreported.

• Heart

Venlicon

Chatty Member
That really doesn’t look like the girl that has gone missing or an 11 year old. I might watch too much true crime as I think something has happened to the girl, the parents know about it and they have got someone close to the family to dress as their daughter and travel to London 👀

• Wow

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Tia Sharpe - some children don't stand a chance in a life .

Murdered by her step grandad who was once also her step dad.

I remember hoping that she had run away. I never dreamed it would turn out as horrific as it did.

• Sad

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Guilty for sure. How would a three year old girl be able to describe such things to her parents if it wasn't true and what was seen on the 250 hours of CCTV footage obviously showed enough for it to get this far. He will be looking at a very long sentence.

• Angry
  • Sick

MrsJones83

VIP Member
I think he'll take his own life in prison. I just have a feeling....

An early guilty plea normally entitles you to a third off your sentence so I'm not sure if a whole life order can be given.

However, reading more, it sounds like it was premeditated and that's a huge aggravating factor.

So, aggravating factors (in my opinion) which all go to pushing up the term:

• Premeditated
• Sexually motivated
• Kidnap
• Rape
• Murder
• Breach of trust as a serving police officer

These are the sentencing guidelines for a whole life order:

"Where the offender is 21 or over at the time of the offence and the court takes the view that the murder is so grave that the offender should spend the rest of their life in prison, a 'whole life order' is the appropriate starting point. The early release provisions in section 28 of the Crime (Sentences) Act 1997 will then not apply. Such an order should only be specified where the court considers that the seriousness of the offence is exceptionally high. Such cases include:

a) the murder of two or more persons where each murder involves a substantial degree of premeditation, the abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct;
b) the murder of a child if involving the abduction of the child or sexual or sadistic motivation;
c) a murder done for the purpose of advancing a political, religious or ideological cause; or
d) a murder by an offender previously convicted of murder.

I genuinely think this counts as "exceptionally high seriousness" but that guilty plea is a spanner in the works. Do the aggravating factors completely mitigate it?
Unfortunately I agree about the suicide and I think that’s why he’s pled guilty. Prison after being a police officer must make you… interesting…. To other inmates?

Reactions: 18

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Oh poor Bernadette, not believed by her mother when she plucked up the courage to confide. I hope they find her body soon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18