Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, so you'll know the episode I'm talking about - Trial By Error, season 2, episode 13 😬 I have it saved on my Sky planner so I can watch it whenever I feel like 🙈 I haven't seen every episode but I do still watch if I'm flicking through the TV listings and catch it on. But I really should put more effort in to complete the mammoth endeavour of watching every episode like yourself! 😂 Not forgetting the film episodes!!

I ♥ Angela Lansbury. It will be a sad day when she goes. And Dick Van Dyke. Absolute ledges, the pair of them.

My boyfriend thinks the same - that she's a serial killer who got away with murder for twelve seasons 😂
Oh yes, I love that episode. Definitely a favourite as it's a clever one! My fave has to be season 4 episode 7 'If It's Thursday, It Must be Beverly'. She and Dick Van Dyke are my faves, too. I love an episode of Murder, She Wrote or Diagnosis Murder. Or The Equalizer!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think a lot of police are now voluntarily carrying tourniquets that they have purchased themselves as it can make such a difference. And they’re campaigning for them to be a part of standard kit. There was a Police officer that was run over by an offender, he lost a leg, but I believe he survived because he directed people to apply a tourniquet.

ETA: found an article that mentions it
We were also taught the usefulness of cling film for dressings, particularly with burns. Prevents loss of fluid, no fibres, doesn't stick to the wound but sticks to itself to seal from dirt and infection.

Reactions: 5
I didn't recognise the case from the description on the Sky listings but I watched the opening scene of the 999 call and realised right away what it was as I followed that trial. Not watched the full episode yet.
might watch it tonight whilst the rest of the country watches football or love island!

This looks promising! Sad that PM couldn’t find cause of death, might be because the body was so badly decomposed and the weather down here hasn’t been fantastic!

• Wow
  • Sad

This is not getting much media attention. How did she get there from Wembley? She doesn’t have family in this country which makes things so incredibly sad.
Someone did mention it a few pages back.

They have arrested a woman.

I suppose the motive will be more clear if the victim is known to the accused. How dreadful.

Wayne Couzens in court today at 10.30am.

331A9BFC-9E9C-4DA4-861E-1FB8EB731839.jpeg

No reporting restrictions in place so we should hear the outcome later.

Reactions: 13
He's plead guilty to murder: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/09/wayne-couzens-pleads-guilty-murdering-sarah-everard

"When arrested, Couzens admitted taking Everard, but initially denied her murder.

In a bizarre story comprised of lies, he claimed he had kidnapped Everard and then as he was driving through Kent, pulled over when his vehicle was flashed by an east European gang. He claimed they were threatening him and his family after he had underpaid for a prostitute the gang controlled and met at a Folkestone hotel weeks earlier"

The DM has a good breakdown: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-48-pleads-guilty-Sarah-Everards-murder.html

'Police established that WC and his wife purchased a small area of land in 2019.

'The woodland is off Fridd Lane in Ashford. This together with the phone data which will be briefly summarised, led to the area being designated as a crime scene.

'At about 16.45 on 10 March 2021 a body was discovered approximately 100 meters away from the area owned by WC. The body was in a large green builders’ bag and deposited in a stream. As referred to, dental records have confirmed that this is the body of SE.'

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Unsurprising really. I think that's what the hearing earlier in the week was about - that he was planning to plead guilty.

Even with an early guilty plea, there are so many aggravating factors here, I reckon he's still looking at 30+ years.

The sexually motivated, kidnap, rape and murder of a young woman by a serving police officer. Doesn't really get much worse than that in terms of breach of a position of trust.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Poor Sarah 😢 the last moments of her life must have been just sheer terror for her. That selfish bastard has ruined not only her life, but her family and her friends and that of his own children. Controversial of me to say and I might get flack for saying it but to me he is a complete waste of oxygen and doesn’t deserve to live. As we dont do capital punishment here, a close second would be that be spends the rest of his life utterly miserable in prison 🤬 which I’m sure he will

• Sad
Reactions: 22
There was a photo of his mugshot circulating on tiktok. His face and neck was scratched to pieces, bite marks everywhere etc. She was terrified, but she gave a bloody good fight.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Poor Sarah 😢 the last moments of her life must have been just sheer terror for her. That selfish bastard has ruined not only her life, but her family and her friends and that of his own children. Controversial of me to say and I might get flack for saying it but to me he is a complete waste of oxygen and doesn’t deserve to live. As we dont do capital punishment here, a close second would be that be spends the rest of his life utterly miserable in prison 🤬 which I’m sure he will
I think he'll take his own life in prison. I just have a feeling....

An early guilty plea normally entitles you to a third off your sentence so I'm not sure if a whole life order can be given.

However, reading more, it sounds like it was premeditated and that's a huge aggravating factor.

So, aggravating factors (in my opinion) which all go to pushing up the term:

• Premeditated
• Sexually motivated
• Kidnap
• Rape
• Murder
• Breach of trust as a serving police officer

These are the sentencing guidelines for a whole life order:

"Where the offender is 21 or over at the time of the offence and the court takes the view that the murder is so grave that the offender should spend the rest of their life in prison, a 'whole life order' is the appropriate starting point. The early release provisions in section 28 of the Crime (Sentences) Act 1997 will then not apply. Such an order should only be specified where the court considers that the seriousness of the offence is exceptionally high. Such cases include:

a) the murder of two or more persons where each murder involves a substantial degree of premeditation, the abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct;
b) the murder of a child if involving the abduction of the child or sexual or sadistic motivation;
c) a murder done for the purpose of advancing a political, religious or ideological cause; or
d) a murder by an offender previously convicted of murder.

I genuinely think this counts as "exceptionally high seriousness" but that guilty plea is a spanner in the works. Do the aggravating factors completely mitigate it?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't believe that he feels guilty. Sorry that he got caught, perhaps. The amount of premeditation leading up to Sarah's murder makes me think he'd have gone on to kill more women.

Reactions: 20
By pleading guilty the horrible bastard is showing that he is still in control .. I hope he rots or the other inmates get to him first

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.