Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Its_Me

VIP Member
I listened to the redhanded podcast on the Soham murders in the car earlier and I was surprised (as were the girls) that Maxine Carr was only the 4th person in the UK to be given lifelong anonymity. Since then there’s been a further 2. Not sure I agree with Maxine being granted it though, the other 5 were all children at the time they committed crimes.

Reactions: 10
I think the issue of knife crime is a fascinating one. There is no doubt there is more gang grooming, and drugs sold by gangs (and I think it’s highly likely- far more drugs than 50 years ago?) there is a huge amount of money in drugs, which makes people reckless and violent.

however the issue as to why young people are so desperate for money? I think we have a big problem with institutional racism, and poverty. Gang grooming has been allowed to run wild, without the interventioN services that worked very well 20 years ago for operation trident.

finally I suspect it’s obvious that knives are used because gun control is so tight in this Country- I have no doubt that if it wasn’t they’d be shooting each other

Damita

I can remember a case about a girl murdered in a park. I wonder if you are talking about the same one. What was her name?
I can't remember the name but it ended up being that one who did the stabbing was suffering from extremely severe mental illness and the whole story was horrifically sad.

Until mental health care stops being dismantled and treated as second best in this country, these awful stories will keep coming. :(

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Suffolk Strangler has been arrested.

Fuck 😮

I apologise @Droosie123 - looks like you were right!

His first two victims in Ipswich - Tania Nichol and Gemma Adams - were found naked in water.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
She suffered from mental health issues for about 15yrs prior to this and had been in therapy but was released and had a huge mental break her job was also highly stressful and she had lost a child patient and she took it really badly. The father of the kids I've huge respect for him. Now that poor lady having to live with what she did is worse than any prison sentence

• Sad

JoJo76

VIP Member
WTF?

A lot I don't understand about this story. Maximum creepiness as well. Horrific.
Jeez, that is so chilling. Poor little boy. His brother seems bewildered when he wakes, like he is trying to find him. Heartbreaking :cry:

• Sad

Damita

The Daily Mail has gone into detail of how he died. It’s horrific.
I'm avoiding the details now as I saw a couple mentioned here and that was enough to make me feel very sick. My interest in crime is more about seeing those responsible caught and learning why they did what they did. I've always avoided the more detailed reports on James Bulger's murder because I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Feel awful for the authorities who have to see such horrors every day, and for those who serve on the juries of these cases. They deserve medals.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Does anyone posting here work within the Criminal Justice System? Or any job relating to crime?

My dream since a teen was to become a Criminal Profiler, and somehow join the FBI and be the next Clarice (silence of the lambs). But obviously, being in the UK that didnt happen. I studied Criminology as my BA, but then did my MA in Social Work and that is my profession. But i would absolutely love to go back and do something related to forensic psychology. I would even love to work as a detective and i saw there is a possible route for this (in the uk).

Sorry if that was a little off topic, i am just nosey and if anyone does work in those fields then i am so jealous!
Sadly no but if you ever need any information from Facebook, I'm here for you 😂🤣

C948E90E-FD8B-4969-9109-77D3074972CC.jpeg

• Haha

AlanBanan

VIP Member
You’d be surprised and horrified what 13 year olds and younger are capable of. My job has opened my eyes and not in a good way. Offences against children by other children are extremely common. Due to the age of criminal responsibility, many are not recorded as crimes and reporting restrictions mean most of it isn’t publicised. My heart breaks for Logan’s family, I can’t even view the pictures of him 😔
Exactly only recently in Ireland two boys who were 13 planned, sexually assaulted and killed a young girl their own age.

Her name is Ana Kriegel if you would like to research her.

MrsJones83

VIP Member
It was her half sister - same father - and her name and picture was circulated immediately after, only to quickly disappear. There was talk of an independent inquiry as the sister was under psychiatric care (I think) and no longer attended school due to her mental health issues but it seems nothing came of it. Just the stuff of nightmares.

A few weeks ago, a child in my neighbourhood was killed as family member reversed out of the drive. There has been no other mention of the death in the press and I believe it’s due to the sensitive nature of the death. I just think of that poor family and the horror of the mistake that occurred. We’ve all made mistakes and we say ‘shit, that was close, that could have been worse’ and this family is living that hell.
it happened to a family I know a few years ago, the dad thought the child was in the car (he got himself out without anyone seeing) and reversed over him. He was only 4 and died on the way to hospital. I think about them a lot. How do you get over that?

• Sad

Reverend

VIP Member
Mark Hobson (who killed his gf, her sister, and another couple) pleaded guilty to the murders and was given a whole life tariff. He did appeal on the grounds that as he admitted it straight away, and had pleaded guilty at the trail, so he should not be given a whole life tariff, but the Court of Appeal dismissed that.

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
Yes the police offices who found the poor sisters took selfies with them.
I literally despair with how shit some people are.

• Wow
  • Sad