Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. It’s so bizarre and those two e-fits couldn’t be any different! I literally can’t get my head around this one, I’ll watch the down the hill documentary when I get a chance.

I read this too "When we have the person we want, we want to know what they know about the case. … That's why we've held back on the information that we've given out."

Definitely something specific.
The ex district attorney that worked on this case is asking for the currents forces working on it to release more information. It’s so crazy that they have video and audio of the guy that did it but they still can’t find him! I also read that mistakes were made in the investigation like when they found the girls they stopped the search with the dogs, they didn’t use them to search the surrounding area to see if they could pick up anything from the perpetrator.

Reactions: 5
I've read a tiny bit about the Delphi murders but not much, sad to hear that they still haven't solved the case. Has anyone got any good podcast recommendations that cover them?
This is the one I watched/listened to earlier it’s from just over a month ago before the documentary was on

The ex district attorney that worked on this case is asking for the currents forces working on it to release more information. It’s so crazy that they have video and audio of the guy that did it but they still can’t find him! I also read that mistakes were made in the investigation like when they found the girls they stopped the search with the dogs, they didn’t use them to search the surrounding area to see if they could pick up anything from the perpetrator.
I was thinking I bet there have been some cock ups somewhere and in that podcast they said something like some of the DNA was tampered with due to people being out searching

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s awful to think but definetly a unique way they’ve been killed. Something only the killer would know. Poor girls 😔

• Sad
It’s awful to think but definetly a unique way they’ve been killed. Something only the killer would know. Poor girls 😔
I was listening to a podcast and one of the guys was an ex police officer and he speculated that the scene may have been ‘staged’ in some manner.

Reactions: 3
I was listening to a podcast and one of the guys was an ex police officer and he speculated that the scene may have been ‘staged’ in some manner.
Ugh that’s awful. It just doesn’t bear thinking about. Something significant that only their killer would do.

Reactions: 2
I hope they get this solved in the girls families lifetimes how awful for them

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is anyone familiar with the case of Sherri Papini? It baffles me. I can’t work out if she was just genuinely kidnapped or it was faked? It’s honestly an insane case. Kendall Rae has a good video of it on YouTube. It’s a really interesting case but beware you will become fixated 🤣

Not sure if any of you have been following the Kendrick Johnson case but they have finally reopened it. Definitely not an accidental death in my opinion, so will be interested to hear if his family do get justice.

• Heart
I watch a lot of clips on YouTube, someone enhanced the footage of the guy , it looks like he is wearing multiple layers at least two coats , and also looks like a light coloured bum bag or tool belt , he looks really bulky like he has too many clothes , maybe he swapped his clothes so if people saw him where he would come off the trail he looked different to the video

If they are holding back it does mean there is something specific to the scene that only the killer would know , a lot of times they won't give us everything just in case someone confesses, they wouldn't know the details so they would know it was a
At some point though they might have to risk it if it suggests this person has a certain fetish that a partner might recognise.

Obviously the police do a job and are trained in all this , but for me I would be looking at friends of family members , someone that on the off chance heard they were going there , it feels too planned, what are the odds of a killer crossing that bridge at exactly the same time , maybe even a teacher , if they were on a day off they might have said where they were going the day before

I van never work out from the clip if he was following quickly which is how he caught up , or he was heading toward them , if he was following then it doesn't seem too planned , had he not caught up then nothing would have happened , whereas if he had some knowledge of their plans and knew they were crossing the bridge, then you start at the end and go towards them where he headed them off

I just struggle to think a killer wouldbestalking that footpath , it really is in the middle of nowhere , I doubt its somewhere a woman would go on her own so ti stalk that area for a victim doesn't seem logical to me , unless it's busier than I know about

I hope its solved they have more evidence than most scenes, they have a video and his voice

Not sure if any of you have been following the Kendrick Johnson case but they have finally reopened it. Definitely not an accidental death in my opinion, so will be interested to hear if his family do get justice.
Yes! A lot of the true crime you tubers have covered Kendrick’s case, that’s where I first heard about it. So glad it is being reopened. Him and his family need justice.

Reactions: 1
Seems like it, plus her FIL apparently helped them financially from what I read
There's some articles on the fact that she was possibly cheating/talking to someone but I can't find much else about it
Can we please STOP STOP? Sarah deserves to RIP.
Her legacy should be that we can all walk the streets safely, and our daughters coming After us?

Does anyone listen to the Red Handed podcast? I recently discovered it and it’s got me out walking for hours without realising I’ve been so engrossed in it
Will add this to my list for sure. Is it one story or different ones each episode? I've inhaled basically all of the Crime Junkie episodes so I'm looking for new recommendations if anyone's got any other faves?

Does anyone listen to the Red Handed podcast? I recently discovered it and it’s got me out walking for hours without realising I’ve been so engrossed in it
I loved Red Handed! I tried a few crime podcasts last year but this is the only one I've stuck with. I like how they discuss it rather than just tell the story, plus I think I can relate more as it just feels like having two friends talking to you.

Reactions: 6
Yes! A lot of the true crime you tubers have covered Kendrick’s case, that’s where I first heard about it. So glad it is being reopened. Him and his family need justice.
I just googled his name in images 🤢 why did I do that,

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Ugh that’s awful. It just doesn’t bear thinking about. Something significant that only their killer would do.
The fact that they have not revealed anymore potentially identifiable information, and some talk of the investigation being messed up makes me think it may be a bluff

I could see it being possible that they think there could be another murder soon after or something, and this is their way of trying to keep the killer on their toes and away from doing it again
Someone mentioned something about it potentially being a serial killer I think?

One I’ve been thinking about a lot is The Philip Island murder. Not sure if it has come up before, apologies if I’m repeating what’s come before.

This is south of Melbourne, happened in 1986, but the more information you hear, the less it makes sense. Basically a young 23y/old woman was brutally murdered. She and one of the farmers (he was in his late 30s) we’re having an affair. The official line is that his wife found out, killed the young woman then killed herself by jumping off a nearby bridge. But so much of it doesn’t make sense - the alleged suicide was at a place where kids jump into the river in the summer, there was also a well-known bit of the island where people would jump, so why not there? They never found the victim’s blood in the car the wife was driving; the wife was wearing a pink mohair jumper but somehow didn’t leave any fibres at the scene.

There’s a ten- part Casefiles podcast called The Vanishing of Vivienne Cameron. The last episode is great at laying out all the unanswered questions.

There’s also on YouTube a programme called Sensing Murder: The Scarlet Letter about the case too. Features some psychics trying to find out what happened, which you can take with a pinch of salt, but still quite interesting

Reactions: 4
There is a good crime channel called That Chapter on you tube which once you get used to the guy presenting you see he does some very good research , some of the channels are just a person talking to the camera which is a bit dull , that chapter shows evidence and cctv etc.. I prefer it condensed into 20 minute bite sized bits I think

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There is a good crime channel called That Chapter on you tube which once you get used to the guy presenting you see he does some very good research , some of the channels are just a person talking to the camera which is a bit dull , that chapter shows evidence and cctv etc.. I prefer it condensed into 20 minute bite sized bits I think
Yes! Wasn’t keen on him for a while but as you said he does lots of research and I find all of the footage he finds really interesting.

Will add this to my list for sure. Is it one story or different ones each episode? I've inhaled basically all of the Crime Junkie episodes so I'm looking for new recommendations if anyone's got any other faves?
It’s a different one each episode. I just recently listened to the Jon Benet one and became obsessed with it. I forgot what a strange case that one was. Still unsolved though!

I totally get what you mean about it being planned. That trail is literally in the middle of nowhere. I’m sure I read somewhere about one of the Delphi girls was into geo catching? I’m not entirely sure what that is but some sort of online treasure hunting where you follow a planned route. If they were doing that, who knows what creeps were watching 😩

QUOTE="TripleC's, post: 4266118, member: 208535"]
I watch a lot of clips on YouTube, someone enhanced the footage of the guy , it looks like he is wearing multiple layers at least two coats , and also looks like a light coloured bum bag or tool belt , he looks really bulky like he has too many clothes , maybe he swapped his clothes so if people saw him where he would come off the trail he looked different to the video

If they are holding back it does mean there is something specific to the scene that only the killer would know , a lot of times they won't give us everything just in case someone confesses, they wouldn't know the details so they would know it was a
At some point though they might have to risk it if it suggests this person has a certain fetish that a partner might recognise.

Obviously the police do a job and are trained in all this , but for me I would be looking at friends of family members , someone that on the off chance heard they were going there , it feels too planned, what are the odds of a killer crossing that bridge at exactly the same time , maybe even a teacher , if they were on a day off they might have said where they were going the day before

I van never work out from the clip if he was following quickly which is how he caught up , or he was heading toward them , if he was following then it doesn't seem too planned , had he not caught up then nothing would have happened , whereas if he had some knowledge of their plans and knew they were crossing the bridge, then you start at the end and go towards them where he headed them off

I just struggle to think a killer wouldbestalking that footpath , it really is in the middle of nowhere , I doubt its somewhere a woman would go on her own so ti stalk that area for a victim doesn't seem logical to me , unless it's busier than I know about

I hope its solved they have more evidence than most scenes, they have a video and his voice
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.