Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone here interested in the Trevor dreeling case? A young man that went missing in dublin.
Strange person spotted on cctv speaking to him at his place of work (a bank office) Which he oddly stopped off at after a night out. Said person has never been identified.
His sister was on crimecall or the like a few years ago, my heart breaks for the family.
Also the icelandic man that disappeared without trace while visiting Dublin for a poker tournament. Another baffling one.

Reactions: 7
Will add this to my list for sure. Is it one story or different ones each episode? I've inhaled basically all of the Crime Junkie episodes so I'm looking for new recommendations if anyone's got any other faves?
I second the recommendation for Redhanded and will add in Sinisterhood, True Crime Garage, and Casefile. All of those podcasts are single story episodes but there are a few episodes that are split into two or more parts if it's an extensive case to discuss. There are a few cases that seem to be covered by each podcast but the majority are different cases so lots of variety so you don't end up listening to the same cases over and over again.

My Favorite Murder is a very popular podcast but I know it's like marmite with a lot of people. You either like it or you don't. There is at least 20 minutes of chat between the hosts before the case starts. One of my favorite episodes though is #129 Coincidence Island about the Galapagos Affair

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone here interested in the Trevor dreeling case? A young man that went missing in dublin.
Strange person spotted on cctv speaking to him at his place of work (a bank office) Which he oddly stopped off at after a night out. Said person has never been identified.
His sister was on crimecall or the like a few years ago, my heart breaks for the family.
Also the icelandic man that disappeared without trace while visiting Dublin for a poker tournament. Another baffling one.
Its very odd how he just disappeared, the footage of him chatting to someone outside the bank place he worked at is chilling, the weird thing is they don't know who it was , it can't be a work colleague as surely they would have come forward , there is footage after he left the bank (I'm sure it's offices to do with a bank that work 24 hours) he has his umbrella that he stopped for , then about 5 minutes after someone is following , how would one person make a body disappear in a city centre though, the only thing that could move a body quickly is a river , if he went in one then he may never be found, I watch Disappeared a lot, its really sad but fascinating how people can disappear without trace

Reactions: 3
Have any podcasts/Youtubers covered these?

Another Redhanded fan here. I like Morbid and Crime Junkie too and recently got into Real Crime Profile which is interesting.

Reactions: 1
yes its really strange one..i hadnt heard about it until i read about it on one of the earlier threads but i have looked at articles on it now..
the dropping into work after a night out is something me and my collegues used to do quite frequently...to use the toilet, collect a bulky bag you didnt want to drag round pub with you or pick up your trainers etc.
Was the man trying to gain access or try and work out how easy it would be to get in..ask for toilet, is so and so in work?.. tailgating was something we were always told to be alert to when i worked in a bank

I've read a tiny bit about the Delphi murders but not much, sad to hear that they still haven't solved the case. Has anyone got any good podcast recommendations that cover them?
Scene of the Crime season 1 focuses on the Delphi murders and I highly recommend it. It’s so thorough. Also there’s Down The Hill but I haven’t yet listened to that.

Reactions: 2
Give All Killa, No Filla a listen, I listen to Red Handed, Morbid and Crime Junkie too but that's my favourite, it's 2 British women, completely different to Red Handed but a similar vein of that makes sense? I think you'd enjoy it.

Another Redhanded fan here. I like Morbid and Crime Junkie too and recently got into Real Crime Profile which is interesting.

There’s a podcast called Down The Hill talking about the Delphi Murders. They have their family and friends talking on there if I remember rightly.

The reason the two drawings of the suspect are so different is because different age groups have different perspectives about age. Young people could describe someone as old whereas an older person could describe them as young.

They seem to think one girl was more targeted than the other.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what happened with the boy who was shot in the face back in September with a sawn off shotgun? I couldn’t find any information about him online like his name or the guy who did it. Was there a reason? Is the boy alright?

• Wow
Does anyone know what happened with the boy who was shot in the face back in September with a sawn off shotgun? I couldn’t find any information about him online like his name or the guy who did it. Was there a reason? Is the boy alright?
There was a hearing last month - the trial is set to start on 4th May. Neither have been named because the defendant is under 18 and naming the victim may well lead to people discovering the identify of the defendant (I'm sure everyone locally knows anyway) plus there's obvious privacy and safety implications involving an attempted murder victim. Motive will come out at trial. The victim is still in hospital and described as 'stable'.

If you Google 'Kesgrave shooting', you will find all the reports.

Give All Killa, No Filla a listen, I listen to Red Handed, Morbid and Crime Junkie too but that's my favourite, it's 2 British women, completely different to Red Handed but a similar vein of that makes sense? I think you'd enjoy it.
Yes already a fan! They absolutely crack me up. I know some people think that they chat too much but I definitely share their sense of humour.

This has turned into my favourite thread 🙌🏻Has anyone had a personal connection to a crime/murder?
A family member of mine was murdered in London in the early 1990s. It was a shocking case so it was high profile in all the tabloids. I was far too young to remember it at the time but I remember huge upset in my extended family and her parents never got over it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Love Crime Junkie. Going to give the All Killa No Filla a go, I like the name lol.

There was a hearing last month - the trial is set to start on 4th May. Neither have been named because the defendant is under 18 and naming the victim may well lead to people discovering the identify of the defendant (I'm sure everyone locally knows anyway) plus there's obvious privacy and safety implications involving an attempted murder victim. Motive will come out at trial. The victim is still in hospital and described as 'stable'.

If you Google 'Kesgrave shooting', you will find all the reports.
Thank you, for some reason I thought they might have been 18, but if they are underage I understand the restrictions they have in place. I hope the boy makes a full recovery, if that is possible. Such a horrendous situation.

Thank you, for some reason I thought they might have been 18, but if they are underage I understand the restrictions they have in place. I hope the boy makes a full recovery, if that is possible. Such a horrendous situation.
They were both 15 at the time of the offence but, at the hearing last month, the defendant was now reported as being 16 so he must have had a birthday whilst in custody.

I think it's 50/50 if he'll be named if he's found guilty. On one hand, not naming him protects the identity of the victim and his family but I know from experience that it will be argued by various press organisations, who always appeal to the judge to have a section 39 order lifted, that a 15 year old shooting someone in the face is a danger to the public and needs to be known or, as the Facebook vigilantes say, "named and shamed" 🙄 God, I hate that phrase!

I've read a tiny bit about the Delphi murders but not much, sad to hear that they still haven't solved the case. Has anyone got any good podcast recommendations that cover them?
there's a Crime Junkie podcast on them, I am not sure if it has anything new as this was the only time I listened to one about them

Yep, gangs and drugs. Gangs recruiting kids as drug runners/dealers who then arm themselves with a knife for protection. I see it all the time.

I've said it before but I would estimate around 85% of the cases I follow turn out to be drug related in some way - whether you taking them, dealing them, running them, importing them, growing them. It's a grubby, seedy, cut throat world.

It doesn't help when the families release statements saying what a good boy they were because it's usually not true. I have a case on my list - 16 year old stabbed to death in a 'targeted attack' and the family released a photograph of him looking like an angelic choirboy. So, I look on Facebook, this is the one of the first photographs I see and it all becomes clear. I'm guessing it will be drugs or gang related, probably both.

View attachment 481427
Please tell me that is not a photo of the victim you've just posted and spoken about in that way? Bloody hell. I know you follow cases for fun but that is someone's child.

Reactions: 11
They were both 15 at the time of the offence but, at the hearing last month, the defendant was now reported as being 16 so he must have had a birthday whilst in custody.

I think it's 50/50 if he'll be named if he's found guilty. On one hand, not naming him protects the identity of the victim and his family but I know from experience that it will be argued by various press organisations, who always appeal to the judge to have a section 39 order lifted, that a 15 year old shooting someone in the face is a danger to the public and needs to be known or, as the Facebook vigilantes say, "named and shamed" 🙄 God, I hate that phrase!
Honestly even naming suspects in on going cases is a bit questionable to me personally.
The on going case with Sarah comes to mind, there's really no reason the suspect's wife should have been named or in a way the suspect himself. People have a lot to say these days and social media really makes it harder for everyone - both being attacked online even if you may be innocent, and ensuring a fair trial.
I very much see the need to name suspects, but also I don't think the tabloids really help in any way other than stirring speculation everywhere, plus you can't even guarantee that their information is correct.
Probably a bit of a controversial opinion, and definitely the name would get out one way or another but I doubt the whole country would suddenly know it

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.