Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the political extremes in left and right have created more vocalised outrage and feedback. People feel free to shout. Social media definitely helps this. Of course, that comes with major pros and cons.
You pretty much said what I was about to write.

Anything that is heavily publicised these days seems to end up in the same way and I’m not saying that is wrong or right. People just feel they have more a voice now than ever before.

Reactions: 8
The government have thrown the police to the wolves over this tonight. Cressida is going to be their scapegoat for now.

The scenes tonight were shameful though.

Reactions: 7
The government have thrown the police to the wolves over this tonight. Cressida is going to be their scapegoat for now.

The scenes tonight were shameful though.
* Caveating by saying I know this isn't what your post is suggesting.

Cressida should absolutely not take the fall for one bad apple. Absolutely not. No way. That includes tonight's events.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
* Caveating by saying I know this isn't what your post is suggesting.

Cressida should absolutely not take the fall for one bad apple. Absolutely not. No way. That includes tonight's events.
The governments faux outrage tonight after the mixed messaging all today and yesterday on this infuriates me. One thing this government is great at is shining a light somewhere so detract from something else.

Cressida is the head of the MET, and the book has to stop somewhere . I think the issue is, the pressure for her is coming from the left, the right and everywhere in between now. I just don’t see how she can stay. I don’t want to detract from the thread though and make it political.

Reactions: 1
My daughter (25) just told me about a TikTok video she saw where a woman talked about the 97% statistic and the comments were full of “lads” saying “let’s get it to 100%”
I’m so angry right now I don’t know what to do with myself 😡
I’m going to put a candle in my window tonight for Sarah. RIP beautiful girl #sayhername
That is so shocking and disgusting.
I feel so sorry for our girls and daughters.
Men need to step up!!

RIP Sarah.

Reactions: 3
With regards to the protests that happened tonight what did the police really expect would have happened? They allowed BLM protests to happen relatively peacefully, they allowed football fans to celebrate recently and even Cressida Dick took part in a clap for carers that wasn’t socially distanced so they can’t say it’s about Covid restrictions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The governments faux outrage tonight after the mixed messaging all today and yesterday on this infuriates me. One thing this government is great at is shining a light somewhere so detract from something else.

Cressida is the head of the MET, and the book has to stop somewhere . I think the issue is, the pressure for her is coming from the left, the right and everywhere in between now. I just don’t see how she can stay. I don’t want to detract from the thread though and make it political.
She can stay because it isn't something that calls for a resignation. It's that simple. The police are doing their best with a fast moving, heavy pressure situation. Give her a chance to manage the situation. Not everything needs someones head on the block immediately. Accountability is a good thing but like a lot of things I feel it's become a bit over zealous these days.

I was raped and left for dead when I was 14 in a park walking home from a friend's house, I'm now 28. Do I hate what's happened to me? Of course and if I'm honest I think about it every single day. However would I dream of acting like that at a victims vigil? Never, I would show as much respect as possible. There genuinely is no excuse
Jeez, my heart goes out to you. I cannot imagine this happening to a 14 year old.
I sincerely hope you are okay now, whatever that means.
Sending you lots of love.
Feel so sorry. Xx

• Heart
I don’t want to appear to be policing but with the Sarah Everard thread being closed and the previous warnings let’s not bring the conversation from there over here and derail from what the purpose of this thread is; real life crime and murder as an umbrella not one case.

I’m not trying to shut down any discussion that’s been had tonight because it’s all been relative but just reinforcing the thread name so we don’t get derailed and locked.

I’ve personally got many other murder cases I’m happy to discuss 😬

I don’t want to appear to be policing but with the Sarah Everard thread being closed and the previous warnings let’s not bring the conversation from there over here and derail from what the purpose of this thread is; real life crime and murder as an umbrella not one case.

I’m not trying to shut down any discussion that’s been had tonight because it’s all been relative but just reinforcing the thread name so we don’t get derailed and locked.

I’ve personally got many other murder cases I’m happy to discuss 😬
I guess that's one of the problems. People just move onto the next one and we all become so desensitised by it all

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I guess that's one of the problems. People just move onto the next one and we all become so desensitised by it all
No. I don’t think a day will go by for a very long time that I won’t think about Sarah so I wasn’t suggesting we just move on. I’m just referring to the thread and what is allowed to be said etc. Imagine this thread or anything said here was brought up in court and helped the accused get away with what he is suspected of doing, personally I couldn’t live with myself. And this thread wasn’t originally created just for this case.

This is absolutely true. I follow a lot of trials - currently, on my calendar, there are fourteen ongoing with five new ones starting on Monday (maybe more as I didn't have time to go through all the listings against all my outstanding charged cases on Friday) - and I do just move on at the end. Sometimes, I get very obsessed and the case really stays with me and I also generally have a very good memory for names, faces and details. But, more recently, I've found myself maybe coming across a photograph and recognising it and realising I followed the trial but have very little recollection of it at all.

Reactions: 5
No. I don’t think a day will go by for a very long time that I won’t think about Sarah so I wasn’t suggesting we just move on. I’m just referring to the thread and what is allowed to be said etc. Imagine this thread or anything said here was brought up in court and helped the accused get away with what he is suspected of doing, personally I couldn’t live with myself. And this thread wasn’t originally created just for this case.
I get what you mean. I missed the whole thread getting deleted thing. I think it's happened on a few forums now. I would hope it will be able to be discussed at some point though.

Reactions: 3
“We could all be Sarah” is something that I think has resonated with most of us this week. The fact that she’s a normal girl with a normal job living in a normal inner city area opposed to being a drug addict prostitute living in a red light district-Something that majority of us can’t relate to.
Still someone’s daughter, someone’s friend. And what is normal? I think we’re always just one step from things going wrong in our lives. We just have to be thankful we’re not in the position of some. X

Reactions: 2
Somebody asked me on a previous thread if I had any big trials coming up and I meant to check and make a post. I'll do that soon in case anyone is interested. Not necessarily big cases but ones that I'm intrigued by and want to know what happened and why.

The case of the two men accused of murdering Michelle Pearson in Manchester starts on Monday. She was the lady who lost four of her children in a house fire and then succumbed to her injuries nearly two years later.

The same men are already in prison relating to the children's deaths, as is one of their girlfriends. She pleaded guilty to Michelle's manslaughter last week. Should be very easy guilty verdicts on the two men in relation to Michelle's death in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Somebody asked me on a previous thread if I had any big trials coming up and I meant to check and make a post. I'll do that soon in case anyone is interested. Not necessarily big cases but ones that I'm intrigued by and want to know what happened and why.

The case of the two men accused of murdering Michelle Pearson in Manchester starts on Monday. She was the lady who lost four of her children in a house fire and then succumbed to her injuries nearly two years later.

The same men are already in prison relating to the children's deaths as is one of their girlfriend's. She pleaded guilty to Michelle's manslaughter last week. Should be very easy guilty verdicts on the two men in relation to Michell's death in my opinion.
What other four begin next week? Unless it’s a well publicised case, I don’t always catch them.

Reactions: 2
Still someone’s daughter, someone’s friend. And what is normal? I think we’re always just one step from things going wrong in our lives. We just have to be thankful we’re not in the position of some. X
I don’t know if I’m being over sensitive now but I feel all I’m doing is defending my own comments and this is exactly what I meant by the conversation from the other thread coming over here.

There is no normal...what I meant by that is she could have been any one of us, anyone’s daughter, there was no cliche-she is someone we can all relate to no matter who you are. I’m not making any less of someone who is a drug addict or prostitute etc but not all of us have the same compassion and those are the cases we hear about much less.

• Heart
I don’t know if I’m being over sensitive now but I feel all I’m doing is defending my own comments and this is exactly what I meant by the conversation from the other thread coming over here.

There is no normal...what I meant by that is she could have been any one of us, anyone’s daughter, there was no cliche-she is someone we can all relate to no matter who you are.
Hence, the little kiss (x) at the end as it wasn’t a dig. Just general conversation and I didn’t want it to come across that way. X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hence, the little kiss (x) at the end as it wasn’t a dig. Just general conversation and I didn’t want it to come across that way. X
Thanks, and I think I initially misunderstood what you were referring to when you said still somebody’s daughter which is why I added the last part in about drug addicts etc

Every woman whoever she is and whatever she involved in is a victim when they fall prey to evil and shouldn’t be overlooked. I’m not always good at explaining myself but my point was just that it’s easier to relate when someone is more like yourself and Sarah is alike many of us (despite our social backgrounds etc) and we realised that could have been us, just walking home.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What other four begin next week? Unless it’s a well publicised case, I don’t always catch them
George Donald - manslaughter charge after being attacked outside a social club and dying four months later. Defendant had already been charged with GBH in relation to the incident.

Murtaza Nazir - possibly drug related?

Caroline Kayll - likely domestic

William 'Blaise' Algar - this is set to be a long one at The Old Bailey. Lots of defendants looking at the listings, some under 18. Definitely sounds drug related involving possible cuckooing I suspect. Victim was dismembered.

Interestingly, I have picked up ('cos I'm sad like that) that a couple of the defendants in that case have also been charged in another murder which hasn't come to trial yet - Ebrima Cham

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.